Are you attracted to more dominant or submissive partners?

Curious to know if my hypothesis is correct. (I. e most women like dominant and most men like submissive)

• Dominant
  • Submissive

66115

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely submissive. I really only like a woman to be dominant with blow jobs.

Most Helpful Girl

• submissive

What Guys Said 114

• I get REALLY turned on by a girl who can take charge. Like if she can do all the stuff to me that I'd do to her, that would be so hot.

But so far as the overall relationship goes, I need to be the dominant one. You can call me insecure or a woman hater or whatever you want. Your guess is probably as good as mine. I just really trust my judgement and don't feel comfortable at all not being in control. Which is why temporarily giving it up turns me on so much.

• Why would you be a woman hater or insecure? In day to day life people take a dominant or submissive role, they way you act in a relationship is part of that.

• I've just been on here long enough to know that when a guy says anything about being dominant on here they get attacked by a ton of SJW's

• Then those people are incredibly misinformed.

• I like semi-dominant girls but submissive is fine too. Preferably I’d like it to be equal/switch

• Both, sometimes dominant, sometimes submissive. I like to be surprised. Basically whoever is in the mood to initiate, whether it is me, or her, can be dominant, and that role can change over the course of a session depending on the mood.

• Let's just say I prefer to be dominant, but I want my partner to be assertive no matter what role she wants to play.

• I didn't vote as there is no "both" option. My favourite position is woman on top, but I also like to pleasure them. And I found out girls like to be dominated more, so it's somewhere in between.

Guess I'd better go vote "dominant", as it might have an edge: I feel pleasure when I make girls cum. Probably even more than when I cum! 😂

• So it's somehow complicated: I like to be dominant when I feel she likes it and I want her to be dominant (but slow) if she likes it. The least she could do is to follow suit.

• Guess I will not vote after all as there is no "depends/both" option.

I'm mainly working it out as we go along, I don't have a rule. But (un) fortunately because most of my girlfriends had no experience, I ended up being the dominant one.

• I tend to like women who are strong and individualistic in their daily lives, but totally submissive in the bedroom. Something about that juxtaposition drives me crazy.

• I'm attracted only to super submissive girls lol, and though I usually appear as quite dominant, I mean I actually am towards random people I don't really care about, but when I'm in love I always become super submissive towards her as well...
    I just think that true love implies submitting yourself completely to your loved one.
    Also when I see that a girl is "confident" and not shy, I always get instantly turned off for some reason...

• I like someone who is a balance of both. 😊

• Damn, lotta effeminate men running around.

• Honestly, I know people are going to call me a weak character and I can already see in the female comments how many of them are talking about how being submissive shows how "weak" men are, but I like a dominant woman. Not super "fetish" type dominant though. Like I'll make decisions, sure, but I'm much better at bouncing ideas off someone rather than just "taking charge" or whatever the fuck I'm expected to do. That said, I'm not a "real man" (trademarked!) so my opinion is probably toxic.

• I like submissive girls, at least in terms of sexual dynamics. But she should have a strong personality and her own mind :)

• Depends. I love a sexually aggressive woman, they're fun to have around when it's possible to get away with stuff in public. But submissive women will obey my commands, which is also fun. If I'm in an aggressive mood I'll take the submissive. If I'm in a more laid back mood I'll take the aggressive woman. I say aggressive instead of dominant for a simple reason, and that is I'm not submissive at all. I can't take her seriously if she's trying to dominate me.

• I love a blend of both!

• depends on my mood. I used to love being a slave to women but now I like having female playthings tend to my every craven whim

• Submissive, but not to the point of her being a doormat.

I'm part of a particular "finds ________ attractive" group that has an unusually high percentage of submissive heterosexual men, so I can vouch that there are definitely plenty of submissive dudes out there (as the poll results testify). I don't get it but whatever.

• I'm attracted to both. It really depends on the woman. I have a very strong and dominant personality, as I've been told many times. I love it when a woman is the same. Strong women are attractive but I find submissive women, ones who are "followers" if that makes sense, equally attractive.

• A submissive woman. I'm not looking for a prison Warden to boss me around and keep me in line

• I prefer her to be submissive.

• My girlfriend is Dominant

• I'd like a partner who can hold her own with confidence, but also not afraid to show vulnerability and a bit of weakness, at least in private.

A partner who is always submissive or dominant would seem a bit artificial to me.

• Dominant women definitely

• I'd like a girl who is a little in the middle. I tend to enjoy being dominant in certain situations, while in other situations it is fun to both try to be dominant. But then again, sometimes it can also be great to just let her take control.

So I'd like a more dominant girl but not too dominant. And yes I know I'm weird

• Submissive. I have other men to compete with. I don't need to compete with my lover too.

• I want a woman that can be both, and I am not talking about sex only.
    I think a woman who is completely submissive is no fun at all

on the other hand, a woman who is too dominant and stubborn, can be frustrating

I would say 65% of the time submissive
    and 35% time dominant.

and guys should be 80% of the time Dominant, and 20% of the time submissive

• Dominant girls are so hot

• I am ashamed at the amount of Men who chose a Dominant female.

• I'm dominant by nature so she's gotta be submissive or we're not gonna last.

• Umm, I'm kind of a sadistic person so I would only enjoy a relationship with another sadistic person or a really submissive person.

• Only 13% of women like submissive guys? This is why I feel like such a fag. I have a sexually submissive nature, and my SO likes it, but deep down I feel like I'm fucked in the head. Do submissive guys have defective brains?

• Would you say dominant women have defective brains? Do you think your SO is defective for liking it?

• @ZoeB95 That's not even getting into sexual stuff. I've guilted myself for years for my role-reversal porn collection.

I wonder still sometimes if having spanked and choked me with a leash would make me someone she can't see as a man. I enjoy the fuck out of it, there's nothing wrong with this. And I really don't think it does when I think soberly about it, I'm just psyching myself out.

I guess I can't escape being scared of what I think other people are thinking.

• Honestly she sounds like the best thing for you. Hopefully she can help you overcome these feelings of self-doubt and truly accept yourself for once. Just know that there is absolutely nothing wrong with you.

I do think you two should look into joining a group for couples who love the same things. It would help you tremendously to be around someone like you.

• I find Submissive partner is more attractive , i feel it’s more natural for man to be dominant : )

• My girlfriend is the dominant one

• More from Guys
    84

What Girls Said 65

• I’m submissive but if the guy doesn’t take charge I take charge

• Variety is the spice of life--especially a sex life.
    I would want a partner who's versatile--someone who can be spontaneous and take control, but also someone who can 'roll with it' when I'm the one being spontaneous. It wouldn't be interesting to be with someone who's fixed on doing things a certain way every time.

At least, that's how my personality works. I'm neither strictly dominant nor strictly submissive in any regard. It depends on my mood.

• Dominant.

• There is something comfortable about being his more delicate little flower and cuddling under his stronger more authoritive nature. Men tend to see things from an analytical point and their upbringing puts more pressure on them to be in spots of leadership and critical management. Not that us ladies can't do it, but society and nature rear us in a way to handle different aspects of life traditionally. Women keep order, men hold s*** down.

You know, she gets the kids out of the way of danger and calls for backup (if necessary) while he knocks the f*** out of the burglar.

The women maintained rationing and took up extra work during WW2 to assist the men as they fought.

Hubby is buried to his nose in work and honey keeps him well fed, relaxed and life in balance so he doesn't have to worry, likewise he picks up all slack and takes any hard blows life throws at the family.

I prefer men who take that role dominantly

• Dominant girls but submissive guys. :D

• That is one weird preference : ^ )

• I've got no problem with that, it just seems illogical. If you like dominating guys, then surely you'd like domming girls as well, since they're so much easier to objectify?

• @Omega_brie It's a fetish-y thing I guess; Most of the time I am dominant (and therefore prefer sub guys) but I really like the change in a girl when they're quite girly and cute and all and suddenly turn into this dominant wolf? If you see what I mean? But I don't know why, i just dont like that in guys 😂

• There’s no option for “I don’t like either and prefer a healthy balance.”

• Dominant Women
    Submissive Men

• I like a dominant man. I don't like weak men. It shows a pitiful side of them. I want to be the submissive one except in the bedroom once in a while. But, it doesn't mean that I will let him disrespect me. But, I love me a dominant man. He take charge. That's what I'm talking about. That's a turn on

• Yes. We also like women to be submissive but once in a while we love women who take charge. Or we may say that sometimes we want to be 'fucked'. Sometimes we want to be a slave and do whatever the woman wants.

• I like either. Me and my girlfriend tend to be either/or depending on how we feel at the moment. Sometimes u wanna just be held man

• I don't want either, although I may have them don one or the other role to mix things up. Sex is significantly more enjoyable if both parties are active participants. Dom/sub roles don't get me going nearly as much as two people who can't keep their hands off of each other.

• i guess i fall in love with people in the middle who just feel that we should be equal, but during sex and things like that, definitely dominant

• Both. But I’m guessing my boyfriend likes it better when I’m submissive... he doesn’t like being dominated...

• submissive

• Neither. I want a partner who is my equal and who lives his own life beside me. That dominant/submissive thing might be fun in the bedroom but has no place in an adult relationship with equal partners in my opinion.

• In a sexual or general sense?

• Either, whatever seems a better fit for you.

• I don't really care to be honest, I just look at human beings, not whether they're more dominant or submissive. Sexually, i'm so vanilla it doesn't matter.

• That's fine too, but I think everyone has an overall preference even if it's a subconscious thing. Though, they each have their place.

• I like a guy to be sexually dominant, but I have never dated a dominant personality guy. So, I guess I like something in the middle or more submissive. I know I can be very head strong, so, I guess I'm dominant.

• Have you tried this with any of your partners? :D

• @Gramer With me being dominant, I've tied them up and teased a partner here and there, they liked it. I like it too. For most times though, I want him in control.

• I guess you like to switch in most cases to keep it more exciting, right? :D

• hmmm my boyfriend can be both. Sometimes his dominate side pisses me off though but I like that he sticks with his guns. Haha. Maybe I’d like him to be a tad more submissive? XD I like having the upper hand more xD.
    So how about a Domissive? XD hahah!

• I have one of each lol

• All depends on my mood; i'm a switch but sometimes the inner sub in me awakens and I just feel like I need a dom asap, maybe even a daddy.
    On the other hand, dom moods of mine occur too, the mood when I just want to make my partner beg for release etc. Overeall, 'm leaning more to the sub side

• I´m attracted to masculinity so dominance for sure.

• Do you have to be one or the other? I feel like I want a guy thats a mix of both

• My boyfriend is dominant and i like that but sometimes we switch it

• Why can't we meet in the middle?

• I'm dominant so I don't know how I'd feel about a dominant partner

• I like if the guy is neutral most of the time, and sometimes really submissive.

• I can't date anyone who's a little bitch, so that axes all of the submissive guys on G@G.

• I can work with either or. I would become more stressed in time with a submissive guy, though.

• Dominant all the fucking way. I have absolutely zero interest in submissive men either sexually or personality wise or both. If i smell a little submissiveness i lose all interest and i friendzone him.

• I am a girl we love submissive

• Honestly, I like both. I am a switch so I guess thats why. I do like to be more dominated to a point. Then I turn around and say its my turn. Sometimes I like to see who would win to be the dominant. Maybe wrestle to see who can come out on top. lol I do like the power of a dominant, but as I said I like to be in control too.

• More from Girls
    35