Why do guys ignore texts, messages, phone calls, etc. from girls that are interested in them?

I finally got the answer on whether or not my crush likes me, and he doesn't. He has ignored two messages that I have sent him over messenger. Why can't he just say that he's not interested instead of ignoring me? Ignoring someone is so rude. There are plenty of respectful ways of getting your feelings across.

519

Most Helpful Guy

• Well for me, I should have learned this lesson earlier on...

Anyway, I am a shy guy, doesn't mean I should have been disrespectful. I liked a girl very much, texted her and went back and forth, I heard from a friend she liked me, so I was hyped, nervous, but doubted myself a lot. So I stopped texting her, then my phone broke. And now it has been 7 months and haven't talked to her since. I was playing the game, the texting game where "ohh should I wait a few minutes so I don't see to needy" "Should I say this" "Don't say that say this" I wasn't just being genuine and wasn't in a good place at the time.

I learned to just be genuine and not care about that crap. I am glad I learned this, however it sucks I had to lose the opportunity to be with an awesome girl. I never said anything to her, that is what the problem was. Actions can be bad, but so can the failure to act. Now, I am not afraid to go for someone I want to pursue which is good.

They may be in fear, playing the game, "Should I say X, Y, or Z?" "dada dada"

Maybe they aren't interested, busy, or have a girl already. However if they don't let you know, that is wrong as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate to be ignored too. My boyfriend didn't talk to me for a week when he went to caribbean island for his grandfather's funeral. I was so sure that he ghosted on me and ditched me. finally he got back to me after 6 days saying that no wifi where he was. (i saw him active on messenger, also he didn't check my messages)
    I would rather be told "I want to break up with you" straight us than just being ignored and cliff hanging with the relationship.
    Girl, you tell him hey what's going on. if he still acting coward just forget about him.