Does having a pet make the opposite gender more attractive?

• Yes It Does
  • Indifferent
  • No. It Makes Less Attractive.
    Vote C

6071

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really. I love animals and I love being around animals so it's a plus if they have a pet but it doesn't really affect their attractiveness. However, if I already find them attractive, I might find them more attractive finding out they have a pet.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it does, anyone who says otherwise is either brain-dead or just jealous. When you see someone who loves a pet and cares for them well the woman or man subconsciously thinks "well, they can take good care of their pet, so they will probably take good care of me" There you have it ladies and gentlemen, the idiots are once again proved wrong.

What Girls Said 59

• If I like them anyway then having a pet will make them more attractive, but only if I like them to begin with.

• Not really. Pets are great, but they're not going to make me like someone more. How much I like the person will depend on them- their personality, our connection, etc. How they treat their pet may impact my feelings towards them, but not the pet itself.

• Having a pet you care for kind of gives more idea about your personality, it's a little subconsciously thinking 💭
    I've seen owners mistreat their pets though...
    I had a cat, I loved him...

• A guy becomes 100% more attractive if he has a cute dog
    media0.giphy.com/media/3ov9jHrPUoFYRxrACA/200w.gif

• Wouldn't be more how he cares for the dog

• @dwgood65 that’s not immediately obvious on a first impression. Assumed it would be obvious if I love animals enough to care that someone has one, it would matter how well cared for they are

• I don't know, but I'm usually impressed when I see that a guy is an animal lover. I would sometimes drop by his profile if he has a pic with his pet as his display. If I'm not disappointed in the rest, I'd say hi.

Men shouldn't use that to meet girls though, women will catch on fast and know you use it as a pick up tactic.
    This is how I fell in love with Nick Bateman, someone catfished me with his pictures, I was like "oh my God where's the dog?" the catfish said, "what dog?" then, it all started unraveling.

The way the dog looks at Nick, and how he look the dog. There is something about a man who likes animals.

• Not necessarily. In my case, I have a rescue dog (pitbull), and doubt that she will ever help me pick up guys since she is overly protective of me.
    I think that it is only possible for people with friendlier animals to seem more attractive to the opposite sex. 🙃

• It doesn't make anyone more attractive, but I'd definitely approach them, even if just to pet their animals 😂 however treating an animal badly is a huge turn off, and a good way to get me to punch you in the throat.

• Not that I've tried but I believe guys with (cute) pets succeed in attracting more attention from women than women (and their pets) do with men.

• Depends on how they are with their pets. Just because they own one doesn't mean they take good care of it or treat it nice. But it doesn't matter to me if they have one or not.

• I don't think having a pet makes someone attractive, as for me. Having a pet means; to get comfort, to play and to go for walks. Its not about attractiveness, its all about the persons set of choices.

• I wouldn’t say attractive but seeing a guy having love for animals is heartwarming

• I dont like dogs so that would be a minus for me, but if he has a cat which i love would be a plus... so it really depends

• If his dog is in good health and clean, it's definitely a few points in his favor. If the animal is untrained, unhealthy, and dirty, it's about 5 dozen marks against him.

• No, if you're attractive tosomeone then you're just attractive or not. But having a pet does show that you are responsible, paitient, and affectionate.

• Yeah. If they're good to their pet.

• It helps. When my boyfriend comes over plays plays with my puppy, it’s adorable! I think I like it more when a guy gets along well with my pet than if he has his own.

• It’s not the pet it’s that they are an animal lover that I enjoy

• Not necessarily no, but if he has a cat I might be like hold my coffee where dat cat at. I freaking love cats

• Pressed wrong option omfg. Nah it doesn’t make them less attractive... unless they wouldn’t like me having 8 dogs...

• Kinda? I mean, I like animals and would be more likely to talk to someone WITH an animal. But if the person is ugly, then I do not think the animal being present makes them any more handsome... just more friendly maybe?

• no lol
    doesn't make a difference

• I think anyone with a pet is more approachable and easier to talk with. It doesn’t always have to do with being attractive. However if I was dating someone and they had a pet it is more attractive in the sense that we have a common interest.

• Yeah cos it's a big plus, especially a big dog

• More, definitely. Animals are life

• I’ll like someone for who they are. Not for their pets

• Maybe, If we already had a connection and he was a sweet guy, then yes. If I was initially not attracted to him then I don't think that the pet would make a huge difference

• No it does not.

• Depends on how he treats the pet. If he treats it good then I'd say yes.

• You can tell a lot by a person and how they treat their pets

• Doesn't make them more or less attractive to me.

• Yes a bit more outstanding in my eyes

• More from Girls
    29

What Guys Said 70

• If I’m into her it’s not because of pets.

I think it’s a slight negative if she’s covered in pet hair. A huge negative if she’s kissing animals on the mouth.

Some things I just don’t want to see or know! Shhhheeeeet

Oh, and people who sleep in bed with their pets: grosses me out. Ain’t happening in my home.

• I'm one of the few that answered.
    "No. It Makes Less Attractive."

I don't really like dogs and I could care less about pets in general, they are gonna be an annoyance if we're gonna date.
    "Let's take a trip to anywhere"
    "Who is gonna take care of my dog?"
    So it's a minus in my book.

• I wouldn't say that it made her less attractive per say, but I would be less inclined to pursue a relationship with her.

I wouldn't be keen on keeping an animal in my apartment--even if she accepted 100% reeponsibility for it's care--as I would inevitably be forced to interact with it.

• Not if you hate the type or breed of pet they have and the exact opposite if u love it.

• Probably, unless they've got 3+ cats and they're not on a farm.

• I'm not attracted to the pets, I'm attracted to the person. If they have a pet that looks healthy it just means they're probably not super crazy because they can take care of a animal. Does nothing to me.

• No, not to me. Just a neutral.

• Having a pet, is a turn off for me, I have found that most women that have a pet. Can not seem to get that a pet, is not a child.

• Well, having a pet shows that you are a responsible and caring person, which makes you more attractive.

• Depends on the animal in my opinion. What pet they have can say a lot about someone. I'd notice that a certain type of girl always has chihuahuas for example. I usually give preference to people with cats, because I have them as well

• Not exactly... For example I still don't find the face of the girl in the photo attractive, even if she hugs the dog. In fact even the dog seems not to like her..! It tries to avoid her..! :P

• Not at all.

• Indifferent

• Yes. Every time I look at my dog, I say to myself, "Wow! Girls are so much better looking."

• She must love all animals, especially cats and dogs.

• Not to me.

• Oh god no. Pets have nothing to do with romance.

• I love animals but that doesn't make me more or less attracted.

• A woman who's good with pets will immediately become 1000 times more attractive. Same goes for women who are good with kids.

• PETS TAKE TIME AND ATTENTION AWAY FROM THE SIGNIFICANT OTHER... THEY REQUIRE LOVE AND THE PETS DO NOT TALK SO THE PET "OWNER" FEEDS THE PET UNCONDITIONAL LOVE WHILE THE PERSON GETS CONDITIONAL LOVE FROM THE PET "OWNER" BECAUSE THE PERSON WILL OFFER OPINIONS AND OBJECTIONS WHILE THEY TRY TO TEACH THE PET "OWNER" LIFE LESSONS THAT ARE NEVER APPRECIATED... BECAUSE OF THE PET!!!

• I like it and I watch how they treat them. Its a good indicator about if that person is selfish or not

• Turnoff for me, I am ok with animals and dont have anything against them, but living with them is worse than living with 6 month old children that never grow up, (used to live with 3 dogs when i was with my aunt for 3 years) and my sis now has a 1yo daughter.
    and main reason why is because hair gets everywhere, there is hair on the bed, there is hair on the slippers, there is hair on the chair, table... its everywhere :D

• It would but I'd steal their pet.

• Haha any woman here likes cats? 😸😺

• lol dont tell me people raise pets to get attraction from the opposite sex , western world is very strange.

• Online dating for men:

Have a picture of yourself with a dog

That’s it.

• Animal love is a big love and must in a girlfriend for me.

• To a man, no. To a women, yes. Going off my personal experience Howver.

• Absolutely yes. No question. Especially if they're nice to your pets.

• Yes, because having a pet means that they more or less have their shit together and can look after themselves and others. Others meaning a baby. One of the reasons that women with pre started families are hotter.

• More from Guys
    40