Do guys like bad girls or good girls?

If you mayπŸ€” also comment what do you make a bad girl bad and a good girl goodπŸ€πŸ‘€ XOXODo guys like bad girls or good girls?
  • Bad girl
    Vote A
  • Good girl
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends entirely on the guy, on what he wants at the moment (many guys go through periods of their lives where they are NOT looking for a relationship, but they ALWAYS want sex), and what's available.

Guys like bad girls for casual relationships/sex, because they're fun and have realistic expectations about what's going on (hint: casual sex, not love). Guys like good girls for relationships... WHEN they're looking for a relationship. Often, they aren't.

23|52
    1|1

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 489

• While there are undoubtedly guys who go for the "bad girl," for the most part men want the love and companionship that comes with the "good girl." This makes sense,

First, men are not verbal creatures. This tends to isolate them somewhat. They therefore seek, in a mate, someone who will show compassion and love and who will be that companion that they don't necessarily have.

This is trickier than it looks, however. Men generally - and this has roots in evolutionary biology - want to be the protector and provider. It is an important part of his self-esteem.

Here again, though, the "good girl" is the better match. She will be the one who is loyal and who is sensitive to him.

To be sure, men need sexual satisfaction, but that alone will not do the job. The "bad girl" can give him that sexual satisfaction - but not the love, companionship and support. The "good girl" - and to some degree this is dealing in stereotypes - can give a man the love and support he needs, and also give him the sex he needs, too.

Some guys will, human nature being what it is, chase the bad girl. However, most guys know that while sex is VERY important - data show that guys who don't get regular sex tend to be more easily depressed, have health issues, will be more aggressive, and even die earlier - it is not the sum total of what will make then happy.

1|1
    0|0
  • This question is based on seeking to a find a generalization that holds true with regards to two stereotypes... No generalization is ever worth planning your life around, unless you want to discover the limitation of your set of expectations, which every generalization will ultimately lead to: showing you the character of your own decided expectations. Don't think you cab live life according to a recipe, after you've got enough knowledge of what each of the ingredients are like. A "good" girl, in a particular context, can be dull boring and incapable of connecting with another person in any deep or meaningful way, and a "bad" girl, can similarly end up being just as vacuous, after the guy is forced to put out all the fires in her life, or just settle to make a home with her in the midst of chaotic volatility, which she will probably end up blaming or taking it out on you. "bad" girls are only attractive to guys who want an easy notch on the belt, and don't mind pandering to her ego-trip to achieve that end, or are too immature to notice that with age, extreme behavior has a way of turning into tragedy: which usually the guy is expected to be accountable for. The saying is true: don't date a girl with daddy issues, she will constantly expect you to save her, at the expense of focusing your energy into building a real relationship, but many women and men, just love the drama and intrigue of getting drunk on their own feelings, and so will be attracted to someone who can give them the excuse to. YouTube search: "why you will marry the wrong person"- school of life Channel.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like a good girl who occasionally likes to be bad.

For example, she might be a party girl, she might be freaky in bed, she might have a high libido, wears lots of sexy outfits and dresses, flirts, calls me out on my bullshit, etc. but she also loves children, donates to charity, helps out old folks when they need a hand, is friendly with almost everyone, loves her family, and has great values.

Things aren't always so black and white as "good" and "bad".

I think most men and women would benefit greatly if they would stop considering themselves good or bad, especially good. Most of us have the capacity to be assholes from time to time. We can't please everyone. Sometimes we make mistakes. Sometimes we can be impatient, reveal something that upsets someone else, and sometimes it takes revealing ourselves, even the negative aspects, to learn and to grow.

For example, I was impatient with my girlfriend while she was on the phone with her mother. It was late, I wanted to head off to bed, but the call was important. It upset her because I wasn't being supportive (a friend hers just passed), and you know what, she was right, I was being selfish. I could continue to beat myself up over it and consider myself an asshole, but I would much prefer to learn from it and challenge my beliefs, especially ones that hold me back from being the best possible version of myself. In a way, me being an asshole in that moment allowed me to be authentic but also allowed me to consider real change, to adapt, while still being true to myself.

Being good or bad is completely subjective. What is good to one person might be bad to another and vice versa. Maybe a girl is a party girl who likes to drink booze and smoke pot. That might make her seem bad to some people, but perfectly normal to others. Maybe she tells it how it is sometimes without any filter. Some might see that as callous and cruel, others might appreciate her candor.

There is a balance, and it is something we always have to fine tune and maintain. As long as we hold true to our values, or in the very least, strive to get closer to being true to them, then we are being authentic and being unauthentic is the most conflicted and painful place a person can be, "good" or "bad".

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that this question is a very personal one which everyone has to answer for themselves. Everyone likes/loves other people.
    Personally, I prefer good, polite girls, no matter how they look like. But this has private reasons. I am a very polite, fair and emphatic person. I try to suit everybody. So I want my partner to be at least polite πŸ˜„

0|1
    0|0
  • For me i like a good girl for sure.
    What make a good girl good? from my opinion: (straight behavior (responsible), honest, lovely, funny, polite, never cheat ever (doesn't play around), not slut, doesn't smoke or get drunk, and love me for myself and keeping her virginity for the future husband.

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow that’s a lot of requirements... your find girls with some of those aspects just definitely not all of them in one girl

• I am from Vietnam an Asian country so that means it's kinda cultural - traditional effects on both of us men and women here. Personally I like girls with their humble behavior (not the ones flirting around and being chinned-up when guys are after them), soft talking, caring and things similar to that. I don't know but maybe am I the only one thinks that true love still exists?

0|1
    0|0
  • It is my opinion that when both sexes are ready for a real mature relationship. Guys like good girls and girls like good guys. Sadly until they are ready for that, it's always the opposite because you are looking for a thrill. Note, this is never an age thing which makes it even more complicated.

Unless you are just looking for flings, don't be a 'bad girl' just for attention. If you are looking for a great guy, you don't want to draw attention of a bad guy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most guys usually want to find a "good" girl willing to be "bad" just for them behind closed doors. Most girls usually want to find a "bad" guy that's willing to be "good" just to them.

1|1
    0|0
  • Good girl forsure. I'm the type that accepts the girl for who she is and all I want to do with her is wrap my arms around her every night and tell her how much I love her. I was her of be a good girl therefore she would have a softer side and do the same as well. And I want to be able to trust my girl with my most deepest secrets.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally like good girls over bad girls.

Good girls are those girls who don't smoke, like partying, wear demure clothing, likes reading, studying, humble, smiles a lot, positive but not overconfident.

Bad girls are those who love partying, loves smoking, drinking, getting drunk, piercings, tattoos and likes to sleep around lol. They don't care what the other thinks about them. They are overconfident.

1|1
    0|0
  • Good girls have a hidden side that wants to be bad

One I’ve always loved uncovering this side of my girl 😜😏

1|2
    0|0
  • Being bad or good is how a person perceives things.. You may be bad for someone and good for another person.. its all about perspective
    Guys like girls who get along with them well.. Who are comfortable to be in their company..
    Every guy will have a different answer.. This was mine..

0|1
    0|0
  • I love bad girls in the bed room and a good girl when not around me. Some bad girls cheat. I love s devoted bad girl. Understand, I'm a bad boy / nice guy. You go out with me and we will raise hell but still make it home in one peice. But I will also open doors for you take your jacket off. In the bed room you better be prepared to get freaky. So I like the well rounded bad/good girl. Best of both worlds!

0|0
    0|0
  • When a girl is loyal and caring
    No bad habits kind in nature helps others is the good girl

In bad girls there r two type

First who is like slutty type who is lier never care about others selfish

Second who is not like sluty but she is very bold and romantic
    Try new experiments with stuffs

1|0
    0|0
  • Presentable elegant respectful smart good. Fun exciting and loves new things no rootine bad. Close enough?

1|0
    0|0
    • That's hard jesus

• Not really most girls try to be this. It only takes a man who knows what he is doing to encourage

• so bad girl doesn't necessarily mean someone evil but instead someone unique or doesn't conform to the norm. there's something enticing about what's different to what you're used too, especially when we're young. wisdom takes over in our later years where the good girl is the keeper.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad girl acts bossy, superior, aggressive and bitchy.
    Good girl is nice, calm, maybe shy (i think thats cute), smiling, likes to help and to laugh.
    A bad girl may appeal to my animal instincts but not more.
    A bad girl will never bind a good guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad girls all the way. Except when u wanna marry one

1|1
    2|0
  • when I was a young man all i thought about was having sex and etc, But i stayed a virgin until i was married. I like both the bad girl and good girl. But today i take either or. but frankly i prefer a woman compared to girl, because act adult and even if they are bad or good as long as they treat you correctly and same goes for the man if he's treated right depends what he/she is after.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad Girls are always true and honest from their heart. They become bad for any certain reason or for the circumstances around her. But they actually never cheat you if you see. I have seen they are normally kind loving & generous. It is we who made them bad. But they are not seriously bad as the situation explained. Go inside you will find a good heart in a bad girl. Thanks

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 61

• Guys, not all guys, but most guys want the best of both worlds although it does depend on their level of insecurity! They want a good girl because they know that they'll be loyal to them and do what they ask of them with a smile on their face... plus they can bring them home to mom and dad! They want a bad girl to have fun with, play dirty games with and show of to friends! Put those two into one girl with a switch on her back and most guys (not men necessarily! LOL) will be exquisitely happy!

Now for those that have a little self-esteem ~ well, they usually pick as they like, an that's a personal choice. It's the ones that have "issues" that think that they can do this that have the biggest problems. A sizable handful of broken guys could be put in a room full of 100 different people on the spectrum of bad to good girls and they will unknowingly gravitate to the one girl that is probably the worst match for them in the whole room! I suppose we like what we don't think were supposed to have or were endlessly curious about the grass on the other side of the fence! Whatever the reason, they seem to pretty much always live to regret it,... and of course never learn/change! LOL!

0|0
    0|0
    • Am i buying a puppy here, to buy a good loyal one that i can show case to momma and dadda?

Im just trying tp be empethetic, tell me, as a woman, what kind of girl do u think u are, and suppose u are considered a bad girl, and it was mostly circumstances, do u think that would make u not want love and affection from someone like anyone else, or just someone who can ride u like a horse, deep down , we are still human, and all we want from the world is love and affection, dont u think?

• @Arthurwilliams Uhm, I hear ya', but the question asks about what guys like (i. e. in a guy's ideal world) I am pretty sure...

And no, no puppy that is good mannered, just a girl that isn't going to be to crazy infront of the guy's folks! One that might keep the noise down if she pulls youin the bathroom for a quickie and keeps here feet off your lap during dinner, etcetera... I think that's reasonable! You don't?

different chicks get their love from different, often strange, ways! Several of my girlfriends can't stay in a "happy"/"loving"" relationship even when the sex is amazing, they can't stand feeling loved that's nice to them and/or they need chaos to keep the relationship feeling natural (just like when they lived with absent daddy and alchy mama) ... Ahhh Love as they know it! Yes these are generally messed-up girls, but that makes up a helluva' big-ol' slice of the pie of people these days! (ruined is becoming the new normal!)

• Well i partly agree with u, but u know, id prefer a bad girl type (cs im a little introverted and that kind of girl would make life interesting). and i wouldn't care about what my folks think. Just want her to be smart/mature (act to situation) , not a stupid arrogant one, that would be a pain in the arse. but still the bad girls temd to be more mature than nice ones

Thats my ideal choice, a smart bad girl, so u can generalise ideal choice frall guys

• The saying goes "Every girl wants a bad boy that will be good just for her. Every boy wants a good girl that will be bad just for him." Couldn't say how much truth there is to it, but it makes sense. I think the bad boy/bad girl image is often desired but many prefer people with good intentions. It's a good look, not so great of a lifestyle.

1|2
    0|0
    • From what I gathered here is that a bad girl is a girl that is more lustful, sexual and good in bed. From what I know what makes a bad guy has little to do with sex. Are my assumptions correct?

• The guys in my life like both for different reasons. I've heard them say good girls are who you marry. The bad girl is for wasting time. But some also have a thing for reformed bad girls, just like girls have a thing for reformed bad boys. It's a flaw of both sexes. in my opinion

0|1
    0|0
  • I’ve found guys talk about wanting the nasty dirty slut, but really just want someone they can talk with, get to know and hopefully have relations with.

0|3
    0|0
  • Ermmm well I never been either I would say a bad girl with the heart off a good girl lol am a virgo which in it self means that I am greaceful until scorend! XD

0|1
    0|0
  • Men like whatever they can stick their meat in πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

3|4
    0|4
  • As someone once said the only difference between good and bad girls is that good girls are very selective with who they're bad with.

3|2
    0|0
    • What is the meaning of bad in this context? I'm still yet to understand what a bad means

• They like outgoing girls, so good outgoing ones,
    By bad, I am not sure what you mean. Like into drugs and stuff? I would say unless they guy does it too, most likely not

1|0
    0|0
  • Im taking bad to mean someone who isn't afraid to be controversial or be themselves even if their acts are shamed. Someone who doesn't live their lives built on what other people want them to be, so I would pick bad.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends what you mean by good girl. Too innocent can be a little boring, but I guess it's fun to ruin their innocence haha, and a girl that is too bad, just isn't very fun to be around. I'd like her to be a bit naughty.

0|1
    1|0
  • A good girl for people that deserves it and bad girl to people that dont deserve to experience the good in you ;)

1|4
    0|0
  • I think guys want the combo. Good girls who will be bad girls in bed.

Or good girls for relationships and bad girls for fun.

0|3
    0|0
  • Good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught lolololol
    (if you dont get that, it's a 5 Seconds of Summer reference to their song Good Girls)

1|1
    0|1
  • They like girls that give them sex (or other things) but not too quickly

1|1
    0|0
  • I think most men want a good woman who is a bad girl

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe a good girl outdoors who's bad indoors πŸ€” haha

0|2
    0|0
  • Some guys like a good girl that will be bad for them... in private

0|2
    0|0
  • I like some where in between and I like to where it’s a little naughty. 😈

0|2
    0|0
  • I'm a rebellious nerd soooo lol I don't know where I fit xD

0|2
    0|0
  • Guys like girls that look and act good in public but a bad and sometimes good girl in the bedroom.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes