Do guys prefer good girls or bad girls?

Good girl= sweet, doesn't smoke/drink, doesn't do hookups, looks innocent and cute

Bad girl= party girl, smokes/drinks, hooks up with a lot of guys, looks hot

0|3

Most Helpful Guys

• I like a hybrid. Being 28 years of age, I will say with confidence, you will never solely get the good girl or bad girl. Each girl I have met is a mixture of the 2.

Women mature as they age (depends on the girl), so even the "bad girl" can become a reformed person. Also, just because someone drinks and smokes doesn't make them a "bad" or "edgy" person. Like, 90% of America drinks. Lol. And it depends how you define smoking.

At my age, I will say I will not date a girl who parties a lot, hooks up a lot or has that "kid" mindset. I do, however, want a woman who dresses nice, is hot/sexy, works out, has a career and knows what she wants out of life. I don't care if she has hooked up in the past. It all depends on who she is now.

Also... on the smoking thing... people who smoke aren't considered "bad" or "edgy" either. I have my life together and I smoke weed. I don't smoke it actively and never will. I only smoke it like 2-3 times a year and only during sex. My last partner introduced me to weed during sex and it increases the pleasure of sex by a lot. Lol. So, that's the only time I smoke.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good girls. They are actual humans. Like, you don't have to play games and watch over your back with them. You can discuss real. things and have a real life. No man wants to be married 8yrs and find out his kids are somebody elses and his wifes been cheating on him throughout the marriage and finally takes all his earnings and property while calling him out to be a racist, sexist neglectful. husband that couldnt fulfil her needs.

I actually like kids. I dont want a girl that feels she's entitled to beat and terrorize children. Terrorize her peers. Terrorize the public. I want kids to grow up in hapoy, loving homes. not a bad girls home

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• almost every guy in my school is hanging with party girls who likes to get drunk, so it’s weird reading these replies.

I am the quiet, nice girl who haven’t drank any alcohol in my life, I have good grades and i’m nice to everyone.

Still I haven’t had a boyfriend. They always go for the extroverted, loud girls with a lot guys around them.

3|1
    0|1
    • It's because you're younger.
      Guys that are your age go for sexy over kind any day of the week.
      Usually they'll change in a few years

• Show All
    • @MusicMayhem lol okay, I don’t like easy women I’m not that desperate lol

• You need to escape the hip hop/edm pop subculture bubble and try something different. Try the ballroom scene. If you live near ocean, try the surfer scene.

Salsa dance is a great place for people who are more mellow and let’s be honest, probably a little more intelligent as well. 😌

I tell ya, it’s great. Intimacy and physical closeness. Dresses. Dancing and touching, sexual tension and none of the aggressiveness and doucheyness.

• Can't I be both; I drink, USED to do hookups, looks modest--but edgy

Not everything is BLACK AND WHITE... unless you're strictly talking about stereotypes?

1|0
    1|2

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I like Good Girls who are bad only in the bedroom.

9|10
    1|0
    • Well , I don't think you can separate your personality from everyday life and the bed room.

• @Poormanscomedian

That's pretty naive, in my opinion. In my world, there are often huge differences.

• Hmm. I’ll be very honest to you as a 25 year old.

1. Your question is ‘what do guys want.’ Wrong question. Be who you want.

2. Do good girls have to look not hot? No. Do bad girls have to look hot? No.

There’s no dichotomy between hot or not like that.

Here’s the catch, I do find ‘bad girl’ clothes hot. As weird as it is, when I see girls in crop tops I swoon. I don’t care for heels at all. I’m not a fan of the over straightend middle part and the Kardashian-style look.

That said, I do find long hair hot. I do find extra skin showing hot. I do find a waist narrower than the hips hot.

I think the answer to your question is to take the good points of both your notions and combine them together. It is possible to be both ‘good’ and ‘bad.’

Go to a party once in a while and be ‘bad.’ But go to class the next day and be ‘good.’ Go to work or volunteer and be ‘good.’ Then go out and be ‘bad.’ Or do whatever you like most 24/7.

That’s the real trick, I think. But don’t forget about non-mainstream night life as well. Explore beyond the hip-hop cookie cutter nightclub. Check out a pop-punk venue, and a normal bar. Check out a retro disco. Try ballroom salsa. Go to a beach or pool. Try out new things like rock climbing or snorkeling or surfing or snowboarding or skateboarding.

These other venues have high quality men at them. Hip hop and edm night clubs attract pickup artists and roided out dudes. Which is cool once in a while, but go out and find a variety too.

Follow your tastes. If you live hip hop and are a real fan, then stick with that. If you secretly like something else in the closet, seek out night life that pertains to that.

These places have different crowds. Each crowd has different tastes in women. However, I think I everyone loses when girls try to fake it in the hip hop subculture if that’s not them.

That said. It seems the place to be today is the edm night club scene. It’s where all the hookups are happening. I wouldn’t be surprised if no one cared for the music much and everyone was there just to get sexual for a night. cool but I wish people would just go to venues they actually like for the music with the same intent as well. Anyways.

0|0
    0|0
  • If were just looking for sex we like bad girls. If we want a serious relationship we want good girls. Note. Once you go down the bad girl path a bit many men will never take you seriously as a good girl... ever!

1|3
    1|0
  • Perhaps many men prefer the “bad girl” for flings or short term set ups, like hookups or one night stands. While, the “good girl” is for more long term relationships. I think this is the popular and most established belief when it comes to this topic

0|0
    1|0
  • An equal that doesn’t take my bs is the girl I want.

There’s always benefits of each type, a good girl will be an excellent mother and can stand with me when we establish our future.

The bad girl, would be fun to be around and will push me out of my comfort zone to always live young.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you were to put a gun to my head and make me choose? Good.

Problem is that good girls often don't communicate and they tend to get scared easily. Both are a problem for me because I'm very good at communicating ((and thus have a hard time relating to someone who can't communicate)), and I'm known to be kind of intimidating to girls. I don't know what it is about me but they get so skiddish and defensive with me.

0|1
    0|0
  • While its more complicated that binary distinction. I do remember reading about psychological research which did suggest guys prefer good girls. Which is something reflected in dating choices of guys. Most guys still want a partner they can take to their mums.

I wouldn't like any girl be it good or bad who smokes, heavy drinker and is promiscuous.

0|1
    1|0
  • I prefer bad girls. They are confident, flirty, and make things happen without being ashamed to get sexual. They also dress better cause they don't have insecurities with their body. Again the confidence is the big selling point. They also put effort into dates cause they know a decent guy will move on if he feels like a walking credit card with a dick.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy
    My ex was into wild and bad girls and broke up with me because I was to much of a good girl.
    My boyfriend loves everything about me.

0|0
    0|0
    • But they're girls like myself that are good and still drinks every once in a while.

• Bad girl, minus the smoking.
    Do guys prefer good girls or bad girls?

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say I am good girl. that like pushing forward and being able be a bit confinement. Love my video game. that helps me to get through the day and have a goal. More tomboy. Sometimes I only wear dresses on special occasions. Very joking around. Dark sense of how. Never cheated on any own while in relationship. Been cheated on more then once in past relationships 8&7.

0|0
    0|0
  • Does drinking is a bad habbit , i never used any kind of drunks yet but I don't care if my girl want to use that. Also I don't think compare a girl with this things.
    I used to love a girl. She was a good girl according to this point. She gone by tearing my heart and now I can't even face my family. So I can't agree with your points. I prefer someone understands me more that her habits.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good girls who know how to be feminine and girly are my type. Conservative, calm, cute, sweet, wife and mother material.

1|0
    0|0
  • good girls who can turn up the bad girl in private:)

0|2
    0|0
  • Good girls 24/7. I’d give absolutely anything just to had one of them for myself. That is because she is much more trustworthy and we have a much higher chance at having a serious relationship

0|0
    1|0
  • There is too much of a gap between these two extremes. I do not give a f*** how many guys she could have had before me. A woman should be able to have all the fun she wants. The smoking thing is not my type tough. Definitely I like her to look hot and definitely I want to be able to do things when I date. Doing the same things is quite boring.

0|0
    0|1
  • Apart from the immature concepts, they prefer 'good' girls for something serious like marriage and 'bad' girls for using and throwing away like trash.

0|2
    1|0
  • how about neither : how about normal?
    that drinks when she wants, goes to parties IF she wants, smokes if she wants, looks either cute or hot but is faithful

1|2
    0|0
  • doesn't matter to me tbh, if we clicked and she isn't the type to cheat then I would have a relationship with her

1|0
    0|0
  • For me it would really come down to loyalty and honesty. I wouldn't have a problem with a girl who likes to drink and party as long as she's loyal

0|1
    0|0
  • The same way girls like guys. Good people, with well to do morals and ethics. But when in the bedroom they’re freaks

1|0
    0|0
  • Actually boys say that they prefer good girls but actually they like bad girls firhaving fun and so one and when they got finished with them they start looking for good girls...

1|1
    0|2
    • The thing is good girls are too hard and boring, while bad girls are too easy and crazy. I would like the betweener

• Show All
    • I meet a lot of good girls and a few bad ones and a few in-between lol

• I'm a good girl and I got in all of those except I hookup with a lot of guys when I get sad

1|1
    1|4
  • i would have to say that it depends on the kind of guy , their taste can vary

0|0
    0|0
  • Good girl who makes herself precious and not pricless..
    As for bad girls..
    ( who drinks milk free.. won't buy the cow)

0|0
    0|0
  • Im a good girl, but I have a drink or two with coworkers from time to time

0|0
    0|4
  • I also don’t feel good or bad. I’m pretty straight edge, but I’m not so boring that I’ve never done anything bad.

0|0
    0|1
  • I prefer Good girl but dont care if she smokes or drinks just as long as she isn't booking up with a bunch of guys and she is faithful to the relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Wowww a good girl can’t drink... I’m out I love wine.

2|1
    0|1
  • Bad for adventures..
    Good for a serious relationship...

0|1
    0|0
  • Many guys prefer bad girls. I guess that means that there's still an ounce of hope for me yet, since I actually prefer the more "boring" good girls.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would rather have a mix of the two, a good girl that can be bad when appropriate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good guys prefer good girls, and bad guys prefer bad girls. It's not rocket science.

0|0
    0|0
  • Prefer good girls. Always end up with the bad girls. Well that's my track record so far. If I had a good girlfriend I probably would have married her by now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad always will be better.

Or good girl but is actaully psycho. Like cute but psycho.

1|0
    1|0
  • I like good girls with a helluva kinky way of living :P

0|0
    0|0
  • The good girl. I especially look for those traits you listed under good girl.

1|0
    0|0
  • It really don't matter to me but she has to have a great sense of humor easy to talk to and she has to have a streak of dangerous adventure in her..

0|0
    0|0
  • Good girl= sweet, doesn't smoke/drink, doesn't do hookups, looks innocent and cute.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can be a mesh of any of these and be fairly good.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't put people into boxes like that.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • When it comes to boys , we only prefer good girls, lot less drama and we feel secure she isn't going to screw us. Simple as that.

0|0
    2|0
  • There are so called good and bad perceived guys... Choose their own poison.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on mood have dated both
    Bad gorls give you run for your money
    Was a biker quite s while ran into a few

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I am a good girl so I am guessing most guys like bad girls😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

0|0
    0|1
  • I'd much rather have a good girl, even though i'm not the most innocent guy out there

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer the good one by far, but when I say good I really mean it, being compassionate and caring towards people is a must

0|0
    0|0
  • Good girls duh.

Bad girls in my opinion are kinda disgusting.

0|0
    1|0
  • To be honest wsnt a good girl. I dont drink party smoke or do drugs.

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes