Should a guy pay for a girls meal?

2327

Most Helpful Girl

• On a first date, I prefer to pay for my own share of the bill. Because if the date doesn't go too well , and we don't want to meet up again he won't feel used as a
    " meal ticket". I'd feel guilty if he paid , and I didn't want to see him again. I wouldn't want him to feel used

If we'd been dating a while and he insisted on paying, then I'd insist that I pay the next time. I'm financially independent, so I'd hate someone else to always pay my way.

It'd be unfair to expect the guy to always pay, because he may have very little money. He may not be able to afford to pay for two meals. He might just make enough money to get by himself. I have the means to pay for my own meal.

Most Helpful Guy

• Is this assuming it's a first date? Here's the way I see it. A first date should be very simple and low cost as you don't know the other person and if you guys don't click you haven't wasted heaps of money on a fancy dinner. So as a guy I'll pay for a coffee or alcohol at a pub for me and the girl. And I'll say she can buy what we have the next time so she knows I'm no pushover. So don't go for dinner on a first date, leave it til later when you know each other better and there will be a next date for sure.