How long does it take to develop an emotional connection in a relationship?

Do you think you develop an emotional connection the first time you meet? Or does it take time to develop? I dont think you can develop an emotional connection with someone during a one night fling but my husband disagrees what do you think?

635

Most Helpful Guy

• There are many factors, playing into that.
    Firstly, it obviously depends on the two individuals, involved in that situation.
    Secondly, it depends on the initial situation itself and what you make out of it.
    Do you usually meet in groups or in private? Do you talk about casual themes or do you allow yourself to be open, personal and intimate? Do you feel attracted purely look wise (yes.. That influences how you act towards somebody, wether you want it or not).
    It can take a week for some or up to a year for others.

• About me and my girlfriend.. It took us one week to get together and that was purely an online relationship at first.
      That might sound absolutely ridiculous when you hear it like that but it's really not.
      Since we couldn't meet, we spent all of our time talking.. Up to multiple hours each day, we wouldn't do anything but to talk about ourselves.. Our feelings, our life, our pleasures, our pain.. Everything that's usually supposed to be private and personal.. We were separated from any other form of influence, which usually come when you meet new people, outside of our video chatting and honestly.. I felt like I knew her better after that one week, than some of my best friends..
      There were other things involved too that connected us further but these are more private matters, so I won't tell about that unless you really want to know about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ideally, I think an emotional connection should be something that’s there BEFORE you start a relationship.