Is the number of matches you receive on tinder an indicator of how attractive you are?

If you get lots of matches and messages online, does it mean you’re attractive?

1362

Most Helpful Guys

• If you see attractiveness as how many people find you attractive, then yes. Given that they can actually see real pictures of you of course.

But who cares, really? Attractiveness is something you want so that when someone you like comes along, the odds are better that they'll like you too. After that, you only have to worry about being attractive to your partner. If you want to be generally aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, go for it, but when it comes to how popular you are with the opposite sex that really falls to the wayside once you find someone

• not really. Most of this could be attributed to the good photography skills. Having good photo, may make you attractive. Other than that, your profile bio also matters. In case of a girl, if bio says she is just looking for one night stand, then she would receive lot more matches. In case of a guy, if he sings/play an instrument, then he may receive lot of matches.

• What if the girl gets attention from men offline?

• Yeah, that’s very true. I posted on my bio “not looking for hookups”. I still gets lots of messages, but I imagine I’d get much more if I posted “looking to have fun tonight.”

Most Helpful Girls

• no. heard that guys swipe right for a lot of girls so they get any matches they can since it's more difficult for them.

• Why would they swipe right on girls they’re not into for the sake of getting matched?

• To use the rubbish girls as practice for flirting so when a good one comes along a guy won't a few it up by being boring or weird.

• *screw it up

• I woukdnt say so. Its an indicator of a lot of things. How attractive you are is one, but also how good your bio is, how many fuckboys/girls there are in your area, how many desperate guys/girls there are in your area, how large the age range is for your tinder account, etc

• Agreed. An ugly girl open to hooking up is going to have more matches than a pretty girl not looking to hook up.

• Exactly!