Is the number of matches you receive on tinder an indicator of how attractive you are?

If you get lots of matches and messages online, does it mean you’re attractive?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• If you see attractiveness as how many people find you attractive, then yes. Given that they can actually see real pictures of you of course.

But who cares, really? Attractiveness is something you want so that when someone you like comes along, the odds are better that they'll like you too. After that, you only have to worry about being attractive to your partner. If you want to be generally aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, go for it, but when it comes to how popular you are with the opposite sex that really falls to the wayside once you find someone

0|0
    0|0
  • not really. Most of this could be attributed to the good photography skills. Having good photo, may make you attractive. Other than that, your profile bio also matters. In case of a girl, if bio says she is just looking for one night stand, then she would receive lot more matches. In case of a guy, if he sings/play an instrument, then he may receive lot of matches.

0|0
    0|0
    • What if the girl gets attention from men offline?

• Show All
    • Yeah, that’s very true. I posted on my bio “not looking for hookups”. I still gets lots of messages, but I imagine I’d get much more if I posted “looking to have fun tonight.”

Most Helpful Girls

• no. heard that guys swipe right for a lot of girls so they get any matches they can since it's more difficult for them.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why would they swipe right on girls they’re not into for the sake of getting matched?

• Show All
    • To use the rubbish girls as practice for flirting so when a good one comes along a guy won't a few it up by being boring or weird.

• *screw it up

• I woukdnt say so. Its an indicator of a lot of things. How attractive you are is one, but also how good your bio is, how many fuckboys/girls there are in your area, how many desperate guys/girls there are in your area, how large the age range is for your tinder account, etc

0|0
    0|0
    • Agreed. An ugly girl open to hooking up is going to have more matches than a pretty girl not looking to hook up.

• Exactly!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 60

• No, not necessarily. A lot of males swipe just to get a wider net. They realized that competition is so feirce for men that they should just try as much as they can and take what they can get.

You might be underestimating what a lot of matches is in comparision to what other women get. It's easy to be a woman on tinder.

2|0
    0|0
  • Well... it means that if you're male; it doesn't mean that if you're female. Females get attention online no matter what.

1|1
    0|0
    • There’s a experiment on YouTube showing how attractivess plays a role in the number of matches you get. Chicks do get messages even if they’re average, but attractive women get even more than that since tinder is a superficial app.

• Absolutely. Facebook likes mean even more, if you get lots of those it means you are SUPER COOL. But Instagram likes are DEFINITELY the most valuable (if you are lucky enough to get some)...
    (this is sarcasm for those who believe this) and judging by this forum there are a lot who do.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're a guy then yes absolutely it means you look incredible
    However if you're a girl it doesn't mean jackshit because guys will swipe on literally ANYONE because they want to be with anybody they can get. Tinder is particularly rough for dudes because even average looking dudes will never get swipes on there. Typically women are far too picky when it comes to swiping on tinder

0|2
    0|0
  • Not any more. So many women set their standards so high most men just message everybody and actually make a decision once they get a response.

1|1
    0|0
    • Why not just message the ones they like if they’re going to end up weeding out the girls they don’t like anyways? I don’t see the point of messaging everyone for the sake of receiving messages. It doesn’t make much sense to me.

• Show All
    • I think it’s more work for you to match with and message girls you know you don’t like when you can just match with the ones you like and then take it from there.

• It takes much less time to click match than to look through and read profiles.

• If so, I'm pretty frickin ugly! lol

But no I don't think this is true necessarily. Some people will message anyone and everyone. I can find someone physically attractive and won't message them. There's more to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, in a way yeah.. But also no.. It could just mean you took good pictures, and whatnot.. Shoo, Ethnic group also play a factor.. When I was on tinder, I got a decent amount of matches, from mostly "Black" chicks..

0|0
    0|0
  • On some statistical level, that would indeed be a basis for calculating ones attractiveness among a random sample of tinder users. Choosing g attractive pictures also matters, so I wouldn't say it's an objective measure, but maybe the closest thing to an objective measure i. e. Based on data

0|0
    0|0
  • Lmao i would say for women perhaps. For men no way. Because men are so much easier to please they swipe rigjt on every decent girl. Where as women have their pick of the lot so they only choose better options. Now i had a pretty good bio and nice photos on my tinder and very rarely did i ever get a match. But read about the apps algorithm, its set up for failure so you will spend them moneys to be liked.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means you posted a photo in which you appear attractive.

Good photos of a so so girl appear more attractive than bad selfies of what would otherwise be a bombshell in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• No. There have been studies showing a woman who has two accounts, one as a brunette and one as a blonde, she gets more messages and matches as a blonde. It’s not attractiveness, it’s easiness.

0|0
    0|1
    • Maybe the blonde girl looks better as a blonde than a brunette? I don’t buy the whole “blondes look easier” notion. I think the clothes you wear along with the make up can reveal the easiness aspect. But, I don’t see how hair color plays a role in that.

• They don’t look easier, but men perceive them as such.

• Well, while I am positive you are both beautiful in face and spirit, I also know (from unfortunate experience) that tinder is filled with gentleman (who I am sure are lovely) who are very, very …. um, let's say … excitable and frisky.

0|0
    0|1
  • I wouldn’t say that. Everyone has their own attractions. You can’t really measure it to tinder matches.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean... I guess so?

0|0
    0|0
  • Not always

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe so. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • absolutely true

0|0
    0|0
  • NO, definitely NOT

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls always gets tons of msgs, matches etc. All the girls.
    Guys are desperated for us.

Although on the other side.. Guys never get any msgs and barely any matches cz they r ugly

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes