What are some good first date ideas for two nerds?

I’ve been looking for some arcades in my city but they all have poor reviews. I need more ideas.

636

Most Helpful Guys

• Go anyway... you don't go on a date to play games, you go on a date to learn about the person. The best people I know have been through the shittiest of circumstances...😂
    Besides, I'll choose a run down bowling alley, or an old crappy arcade, or heck, even a Coney Island walk over any normal, average dinner at some high priced restaurant. If you want to know how some successful marriages work, one way is to look at their photos they show at their house. I've been to so many houses and see photos of them smiling at the most unseemly of places. Then i ask them, and most of them tell me "oh, that was our first date!" Or "that was when I knew", etc. But that's cuz they enjoyed each others company. And, again, just one aspect of a relationship. Not saying that's ALL that makes it successful.
    Just go anywhere where you and him can have some quality time together. Besides, an arcade with bad reviews is a good place for privacy and taking the pressure off. One introverted nerd to another.😊😉 good luck!

• I didn’t experience I whole lecture lol but you’re right, part of me wanted to go for the nostalgia

• I never been on a date before so I don’t know if there’s a right or wrong place to go. I did see a couple go on a date at McDonalds though lol

• Ahhh so the answer to that is simple. The RIGHT place is, any place you can connect, relax, and enjoy each others company enough to get to know one another. It can be ANYWHERE, as long as you smile and have a good time. It helps to know you both enjoy games and arcades, in which case, YES! Go to the arcade! Have fun! Make fun of the old shitty games, and feel like a kid again! It's fine! Don't care how others see you, or how he sees you. Just have fun and make sure he's having fun too. I you want, Ask him where HE would like to go. If there is a type of place he'd prefer to meet. Best way of knowing.😊

• Lots of bowling alleys have some form of "disco night" (music [not Disco specifically], dance lighting, food and drink specials, etc.) on weekend nights - even Karaoke sometimes. That might be fun.

Maybe you have a comic book shop that has events, or a movie theater that plays older movies that appeal to geeks (Rocky Horror or SciFi or 80s movies like Princess Bride or Ferris Beuller). Laser tag?

There is go-cart racing, mini golf, amusement parks, pool/billiards, and plenty more. And there are likely a number of places with live music - rock or country bands in bars or little clubs. You never know what might be available until you look around - most places have websites and Facebook/Twitter account.

Most Helpful Girl

• How about going to the movies together? It's really simple and I think great for a date. Or go shopping together. Eat at a cafe. Laser tag. Or I think just really anything that involves more interaction between you guys