What are some good first date ideas for two nerds?

I’ve been looking for some arcades in my city but they all have poor reviews. I need more ideas.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Go anyway... you don't go on a date to play games, you go on a date to learn about the person. The best people I know have been through the shittiest of circumstances...😂
    Besides, I'll choose a run down bowling alley, or an old crappy arcade, or heck, even a Coney Island walk over any normal, average dinner at some high priced restaurant. If you want to know how some successful marriages work, one way is to look at their photos they show at their house. I've been to so many houses and see photos of them smiling at the most unseemly of places. Then i ask them, and most of them tell me "oh, that was our first date!" Or "that was when I knew", etc. But that's cuz they enjoyed each others company. And, again, just one aspect of a relationship. Not saying that's ALL that makes it successful.
    Just go anywhere where you and him can have some quality time together. Besides, an arcade with bad reviews is a good place for privacy and taking the pressure off. One introverted nerd to another.😊😉 good luck!

0|0
    0|0
    • I didn’t experience I whole lecture lol but you’re right, part of me wanted to go for the nostalgia

• Show All
    • I never been on a date before so I don’t know if there’s a right or wrong place to go. I did see a couple go on a date at McDonalds though lol

• Ahhh so the answer to that is simple. The RIGHT place is, any place you can connect, relax, and enjoy each others company enough to get to know one another. It can be ANYWHERE, as long as you smile and have a good time. It helps to know you both enjoy games and arcades, in which case, YES! Go to the arcade! Have fun! Make fun of the old shitty games, and feel like a kid again! It's fine! Don't care how others see you, or how he sees you. Just have fun and make sure he's having fun too. I you want, Ask him where HE would like to go. If there is a type of place he'd prefer to meet. Best way of knowing.😊

• Lots of bowling alleys have some form of "disco night" (music [not Disco specifically], dance lighting, food and drink specials, etc.) on weekend nights - even Karaoke sometimes. That might be fun.

Maybe you have a comic book shop that has events, or a movie theater that plays older movies that appeal to geeks (Rocky Horror or SciFi or 80s movies like Princess Bride or Ferris Beuller). Laser tag?

There is go-cart racing, mini golf, amusement parks, pool/billiards, and plenty more. And there are likely a number of places with live music - rock or country bands in bars or little clubs. You never know what might be available until you look around - most places have websites and Facebook/Twitter account.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• How about going to the movies together? It's really simple and I think great for a date. Or go shopping together. Eat at a cafe. Laser tag. Or I think just really anything that involves more interaction between you guys

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 34

• Zoo. Museum. Concert. Dinner. Walk in a park. Star gazing. Volunteer together. Babysit a niece/nephew together. Cook dinner together. Watch an old classic movie together at home.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably not the most helpful suggestion, but if you wanted to try some spicy memes you could marry him on RuneScape while he's sitting next to you, then in the chat type "my real life hubby is sitting next to me". If a girl on a first date went through the trouble to do all that I don't think I'd be able to refuse a second date. The sheer effort and nerdiness alone warrants more time together. Also I'd laugh.

1|0
    1|0
    • Haha that’s a funny idea

• Check out one of those arcades! Or go to a comic book shop, or game store - maybe even pool together for a two-player game, then go try it out together.
    Assuming you both tend to prefer to stay home, it'd be good for you to test the waters in an environment you'll be spending a lot of time in.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well if you are nerds a simple walk somewhere nice peacefull colorfull where you can talk about anything is pretty much enough. If you have something like a riverside that eould be great if not a not that much populated park would be enough. You could buy some popcorns and just talk your souls out and its much more comfortable for smoochie to happen ^-^

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know if you have them but there are some unique bars over in Phx, Az that have game consoles inside where you can play and drink. It's kind of cool.

1|0
    0|0
    • We have an arcade bar in KC, and it's so much fun. Tons of options with all the classics.

• whaaaat i gotta see if they have this near me haha

• Play Baldur's Gate on local online multiplayer:
    www.gog.com/game/baldurs_gate_enhanced_edition

1|0
    0|0
  • A lot of bars host trivia. There is one near me that hosts a ton of nerdy trivia. Lots, Harry Potter etc. And honestly trivia is fun and you get breaks in between round to refill and converse.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess it depends where you're from. Around here we have a lot of bars/coffee shops that have board games and the like which make for fun first dates.

Depends what you mean by nerd too it's a pretty wide net. museums, art galleries, go for a walk or just keep it simple and have a drink and nerd out over something.

0|0
    0|0
  • It probly doesn't matter. If he/she likes you, it doesn't matter where you go. A bad arcade is a good arcade, just cuz you're there.

0|0
    0|0
  • comic books stores, board game stores that host d&d games or such or you guys could just hang out and play videogames, board games or whatever you're into

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh man I'm jelly. How about a convention? WAIT what about lazer tag?

1|0
    0|0
  • Go to get pizza and play the Switch together. Then pull out some Magic the Gathering cards. Sounds fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • A library. Its quiet its educational and boring as hell. Or a strip club this is best way to study human anotomy and behaviour. But id just go to a Museum.

0|0
    0|0
  • Playing chess , buy one of them arcade game machines that plug into telly.. If you are more of a gamer

0|0
    0|0
  • See if your area has an "Escape Room" place. That's like a million loads of fun. :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Some of his friends did that for his birthday. I’ll look into it

• Board games, get some mame games, maybe you can find ideas on groupon

1|0
    0|0
  • A great gaming session would be awesome for a couple of us nerds lol

1|0
    0|0
  • No one dates anymore. Go to his house have sex. Then go home. Welcome to 2018.

0|0
    0|0
  • play games. read a book together. study. do what nerds do lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Go set up an evil twin attack with a Raspberry pie.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do an escape room

1|0
    0|0
  • Laser tag

0|0
    0|0
  • Gun Range.

'Murica.

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m in Canada. No guns allowed

• Show All
    • I would like to but Trump sucks. I’ll just go out to the boonies here and shoot my dad’s gun

• That's a very 'murica solution.

Perhaps rent a new game and play it together.

• Cinema

1|0
    0|0
  • Zoo, museum, Nintendo world,

0|0
    0|0
    • Where is Nintendo world?

• Show All
    • I’m in western Canada. The an expensive trip for me unless he wants to pay it lol

• Lmfaooo. Of course. Ok! So maybe some mega store that has comic books, video games, maybe even a giant toy store. Maybe another good date for “nerds” is a cafe where they have board games. They have that here

• Museum, Movies, any good cons in town?

0|0
    0|0
  • Strip chess.

0|0
    0|0
  • Star wars marathon

0|0
    0|0
  • Coffee date you two.

0|0
    0|0
  • Play some games

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• there’s a bowling place near me that has a pretty fun arcade in it with good food and drinks. you should see if there’s something like that around!

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk about male and female reproductive systems chapter 🙊🙊🙊🙊🙊🙊

0|0
    0|0
  • Watch a funny anime movie

1|0
    0|0
  • Paint ball!

0|0
    0|0
  • Strapon sex