Texas: Your source of how the world began, how the West was won, and who Made America, before it became Great (Again)

legalboxers

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2018/11/18/texas-will-keep-teaching-kids-that-moses-influenced-the-founding-of-america/?fbclid=IwAR30Wvzbn1nMSEsY1hR1lakXYXBWxAJmPxoX2oIKVQx_fK5GatjgtUgGRc8

Texas Will Keep Teaching Kids That Moses Influenced the Founding of America

I wrote a Mytake on this sometime back:

Texas Rewriting history. One milestone at a time...= Texas Rewriting history. One milestone at a time...

And now. We revisit it..

So Moses was one of the founding members of America..

So you mean to tell me I came over here, in the dead of winter. for nothing?

But since its Thanksgiving..

https://www.yahoo.com/news/washington-thanksgiving-proclamation-first-executive-order-104800400--election.html

The answer to that question is no one really knows for sure. President George Washington’s first presidential proclamation recognized a Thanksgiving holiday to be celebrated in late November 1789. Whether that act in itself was an executive order, in a modern sense, is up for debate.

But I digress. Texas thinks Moses did more than the founding fathers.

Four Score and.. I wasn't a founding father?!

We reported in September on the board’s preliminary vote, which recommended keeping Moses and removing Hillary Clinton from the overall curriculum. Ultimately, the board decided to keep Clinton and Moses, despite a working group recommending removal of the latter.

Yes folks. Moses...

I can walk on water, what did the Founding Fathers do??

This is their argument:

“In the United States, the most common book in any household in this time period was in fact the Bible, and people who didn’t necessarily believe in religion as such … still had a great knowledge of the Bible. In referencing Moses in the time period, they would have known who Moses was and that Moses was the law-giver,” said board member Pat Hardy, R-Fort Worth.

Can any of the Founding Fathers do this?*scarscam*

Other Republican members said that keeping Moses in the curriculum is legal, citing a Supreme Court ruling in favor of displaying the Ten Commandments on the Texas Capitol grounds.

So basically, you are rewriting history. Again. Or making history to conform what you believe it should be.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2014/09/12/proposed-texas-textbooks-are-inaccurate-biased-and-politicized-new-report-finds/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f5df6022d54b

Two government textbooks include misleading information that undermines the Constitutional concept of the separation of church and state.

3
2

Most Helpful Girls

• OjosOscuros2
    I don't know how accurate this is. I don't ever remember learning about religious things in school. But then again I grew up in a major city so who knows.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Good take
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guys

• taleswapper
    *sigh* This is why we have lawsuits over the curriculum. Because people let idiots select it.
    Is this still revelant?
  • NerdInDenial
    Didn’t President Lincoln officially make Thanksgiving a national holiday?
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

10
  • Littlewife
    I'm not sure what your getting at but I do think Moses and a lot of other Jewish and Christian religious figures had an overall influence on the United States as well as a lot of other non religious old world European figures even before The founding fathers decided to kick the British out.
    I mean as far as I remember Texas was never part of the British colonies in the Americas.
    Moses' influence if any would be on our soceity and in our laws like most other countries with a shared Judean/Christian background, even if not the case now it would have Bern then.

1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
    2. You shall not make idols.
    3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
    4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
    5. Honor your father and your mother.
    6. You shall not murder.
    7. You shall not commit adultery.
    8. You shall not steal.
    9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
    10. You shall not covet.