My Take on Cartoons of Today vs Cartoons of the Past

I grew up in the 80's and 90's Back than we used to Rush home from School to get our daily dose of the Awesome cartoons that were on. A few from Memory were Dangermouse, Count Duckula, Chip 'n' Dale Rescue rangers, Ren and Stimpy, The twisted tales of Felix the cat, A lot of good Nickelodeon, And loony Tunes cartoons etc. Even as an adult I still like to watch a lot of cartoons, But most of them now are horrible they're nothing like they were back in the day. The enjoyment, The action, the reality of real world issues and excitement is almost all gone from the cartoons these days. Cartoons are supposed to be cartoons the way they made them look more 3d and realistic has really ruined the concept of cartoons and the past. Cartoons used to be a good time to relax and get a good dose of Political incorrectness. Now though with a few exceptions such as Adventure time, Over the garden wall and the regular show. Cartoons kids watch now are either WTF? Horrible,My Take on Cartoons of today vs Cartoons of the Past

Political correctness garbage or a long toy or card commercial. (And yes I am aware that cartoons back in the day like Transformers and he-man were the same). But at least they had excitement, action and just plain awesomeness.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Ya it's pretty sad. I used to love Captain Planet and Care Bears. I've even seen some new cartoons like Regular Show and Amazing World of Gumball have adult references that shouldn't be on a children's show.

• LOL I like Gumball. Not so much the regular show but it is what it is.

• I think Gumball and the Regular show are funny, but I don't think they are as good for younger kids. Maybe older ones and teens.

• That's true.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most of the shows today, I don't watch. I only watch tv that I used to watch in my childhood. Luckily though every time I choose something new, I don't remember everything that's going to happen as if I'm watching it for the first time.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 1

• I miss old cartoons 😭

• You know there's ways you can still watch most of them?

• Probably. But not the same anymore as watching it as a kid

• Yes that is very true. It was so much better in the times that we couldn't understand the adult logic of them.

What Guys Said 1

• edgyfox, your like me. For real. Cartoons are not like the 80's-90's. Me. I am all Cartoon Network and Nick. My favorite back then were Dexter's Lab and Ed, Edd, and Eddy! And The Tick. 80's Gi Joe!