myReview 1 y

The Return of Kesha: Rainbow

The Return of Kesha: Rainbow

Kesha's career began in 2005 when she was just 18 years old. She was signed to Dr. Luke's label, Kemosabe Entertainment. I remember some years ago listening to Ke$ha and her wild, party songs that I kept on repeat. They were catchy and I liked them but they never really meant much to me on a personal level.

Then it happened. The allegations, the court battles, and what many thought was the end of her career. In October 2014, Kesha sued her producer Dr. Luke for sexual assault and battery, sexual harassment, emotional abuse, and a myriad of other violations against her that had occurred over the span of almost 10 years working together. The lawsuit went on for about a year before Kesha sought a preliminary injunction to release her from Kemosabe Records which was denied by New York Supreme Court Justice Shirley Kornreich. I remember hearing about it when it happened and how devastated so many of her fans were. Following that announcement, social media was covered with protestors demanding Sony to #FreeKesha so she wouldn't have to work with her alleged abuser anymore. Signs like this could be seen from her supporters all around the world.

The Return of Kesha: Rainbow

Months later, Kesha has returned to music with some new branding, a new album, and seemingly a new outlook on life. Her third studio album titled "Rainbow" seems to detail her feelings throughout the court battles with Dr. Luke as well as many other personal struggles she has faced in the past such as depression and self-harm. It was released on August 11, 2017 and has quickly topped the charts.

Rainbow has been described as...

A new beginning for Kesha, one based around inner strength and musical exploration

Praying is the highest rated song from Rainbow on iTunes. It is an emotional song and depicts her innermost feelings. It is extremely personal which is what I think makes it so great. So many people can relate to songs like this. Anyone who has faced abuse, oppression, or any type of adversity and was then faced with the struggle of moving on...this song embodies what it means to have empathy towards someone who has hurt you, finding peace with what happened, and coming out stronger in the end.

I'm proud of who I am
No more monsters, I can breathe again
And you said that I was done
Well, you were wrong and now the best is yet to come

Another powerful song from her album is Learn to Let Go, which again is about moving on after facing hardships. I love the parallels in the video between her childhood and adulthood. It takes on a positive, upbeat tone that really makes you feel encouraged to let go of anything in your past that could be holding you back from future happiness. Ultimately, we can't let past heartbreak and struggles dictate our future.

You don't gotta be a victim
Life ain't always fair, but hell is living in resentment
Choose redemption, your happy ending's up to you

I think Kesha has a beautiful soul and this album really reflects that. I feel that it holds so much more meaning than her previous work which really makes it soar above the rest. It has a great mix of heartfelt melodies such as Old Flames...

...as well as upbeat, truly empowering songs such as Woman.

Overall, I really love this album and definitely recommend everyone to check it out. It seems to have been made with the purpose of uplifting and empowering anyone who needs it. Yes, Kesha is back and she's stronger than ever!

And if you're curious about her own thoughts and input on Rainbow...

Thanks for reading!

#KeshaIsBack #Rainbow 🌈❤️

The Return of Kesha: Rainbow
17
8

Have An Opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• Tony_1693

I don't really give a shit about kesha nor do I care about the fact that she was "emotionally abused". Lmao her music is about her being a slut, partying, and fucking around with dudes. You don't think that there's a slight possibility that she's using this sexual abuse and sexual assault claim as a way to gain publicity and/or money? Yeah, let me sleep with a ton of dudes and make music about it.. Oh no.. Guys are being sexual with me? Time to play the victim card and profit.

Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• BellePepper

I'm so impressed and amazed and just so proud of Kesha for being so strong and being such a complex and evolving artist. People write her off all the time but they never both looking to see how great she really is

Is this still revelant?
    • NatashaJ

Actually now I see more people respect her then before I remember years ago before she came out saying she was getting raped that people use to make fun of her and say she really looks like she never takes a shower (that's what I mostly saw online). I admit she did before look like that now she looks way better. Maybe she stop taking showers in the past because she felt dirty because of the rapes she had to go through. rape victims and sexual abuse victims tend to feel unclean constantly after the abuse.

716
  • Lilyanony

I'm really disgusted to see some of the comments being made here.

If someone is attacked, and doesn't seek out the correct help, they can fall victim to the same kind of abuse again.

Predators know their opponents and and adapt much like with Harvey Weinstein's case people in positions of power can abuse it.
    So what you are saying is coming from a very uneducated position. Straight men are abused too, but rarely talk about such things due to shame.
    In the exact same circumstances too.
    Does that mean that because they only talk about it when they've finally had enough their first allegations are fake?

People talk about celebrity lives like as if they're their closest friends. For the most part you don't even really know the ins and outs of your closest friends so try and refrain from passing such harsh judgment.
    How would you feel if you heard such unjust things said about a family member should they be going through such things.

Your whiny/degrading comments don't actually matter, you should refrain from passing such harsh judgment. You should watch the story unfold and await the results because the only people that really know what went on are the people involved and any witnesses.
    After reading some of these comments I hope that any self respecting man or woman would avoid you until you grow up such a sensitive subject and such a nasty way to talk about someone.

• scarlett

Who are you referring to? I didn't mention anything negative regarding Kesha or her experience with abuse in this myTake.

• Lilyanony

"I'm really disgusted to see some of the comments being made here." Comments.
      Not the post

• scarlett

Ah, gotcha.

• BrittBratt2416

I remember kesha, she given the rep of the girl with the trashy upbeat poppy party songs. But anyways, I glad she won her case which is good for her so she can start making music again. I wouldn't say I'm a fan of hers, I actually don't like the praying song but at least someone likes it so good for her.

• TacosRAwesome

I like her new music much more than I like her old ones. This seems more authentic whereas the other stuff seemed not.

• oksurething

What? Does anyone actually believe this snowflake got raped? Wow. Feminists everywhere claim they get raped, but are they telling the truth? Hardly ever.

• RolandCuthbert

Hilarious! It appears your post and Kesha's turmoil has really pissed off the aggrieved male population of GaG.

• HeAintMe

Did you grow up without a father to look up to?

• @HeAintMe Did you?

I am not the one here. . . whining about Kesha.

• HeAintMe

Yes, but you do seem to hate the "male population".
      That's pretty normal for people who grow up without a strong male figure.

• Jager66

WOW... weight gain REALLY looks bad on her, she's is hitting the wall at full speed.

It's sad, I really liked her earlier stuff and she has TONS of talent, but to me this new stuff is all to "basic" and try hard.

• ThisDudeHere

She looks like guy. Or a tranny who just transitioned. Did she get plastic surgery? She used to look good.

At any rate, not listening to her anyway.

• wankiam

or the shit she has put up with was harsh but doesn't alter the fact i hate her music... sorry but i will still turn the radio off if she comes on

• EllieAyye

She looks like she got beat up by a rainbow in that video with that hideous outfit...

And the weight gain is very obvious.

• OfDeath

Just as I was getting over the complexes which were induced by her previous torture. ...

• Anon-ymous1

Kesha is meh.

• disgustingweebtrash

I don't care

• zagor

I never heard of this person.

• DesiBeautyLover

Is not Keesha. It's Kee (dollar sign) ha

• scarlett

Part of her re-branding was removing the dollar sign from her name. So it's just Kesha now, which you can see on iTunes.

• Oh for real? I was wondering about the spelling. Anyways I don't even know what this question is talking about and honestly I don't care.

• scarlett

Well it's not a question sooo... Lol Thanks for stopping by though. :)

• GayHowellMeme

Kesha.

• Kesha is amazing

• Tohru

I don't like rainbows

• bbb10

She looks like a tranny in that first pic

• Anonymous

Wow... never heard of her.

• Anonymous

Oh god...
    I’m not letting her rape my ears with her voice
    ... not happening.

• Anonymous

I honestly don't believe Kesha was abused. She literally made the same allegations against her former management when she wanted to get out of her contact with them to sign with Dr Luke, and now she's saying the same thing because she wanted out of her contract with him.

Think about this. You're a mom and your daughter (18) said a guy raped her, would you let her work with that guy for the next year 10 years? Come on that's all BS. I think Dr Luke will win the case against her.

• Anonymous

Also she claims to have sex with ghost. Get the fucking out of here.

• Anonymous

She's definitely changed her music style

• Anonymous

Kesha is the best.