The Positive Things Of Using Social Media

Social media: Websites and apps that allow people to communicate and also share information on the internet.

Most of the time you only hear about the negative sides from social media. But since everyone uses it, even the people claiming not to on GaG, I mean GaG is social media.

I’m going to write about the positive aspects of social media to change your mind.

Learning from other cultures

Only on GaG alone all you’re learning from different people all over the world with their own cultures.

Keeping contact

You can search up your crush or old classmates just to see what they are up to these days, and what they look like now. If you have a question you can app or email that person and you’ll get your answer instead of visiting them.

Writing your feelings away

On any platform you can write your feelings or questions and someone will always feel the same way or try to help you.

Trolls

I don’t mean the provoking annoying trolls who write racist, missionary or other offensive stuff to get a rise out of you. I’m talking about the funny trolls who usually turn into funny memes.

Spending time/distractions

I mean think about it if you’re not on the internet how many people actually have exciting hobbies they can do everyday?The Positive Things Of Using Social Media

Making money

Mostly people with a lot of followers on Instagram, blogs and YouTube get free stuff from advitisers and earn money with it. Come on people you also can swim in money!

Hope I changed your mind about using social media

And let me know what social media do you use?

Xoxo omgjassy

1533

Most Helpful Guy

• Good points! I was raised in the pre-social media days so I know the difference. At the time, my view of the world was limited to the boundaries, the norms and customs of my home town. Social media has made me more worldly and has allowed me to communicate with people around the world who live in places that I could never visit. Although, social media can be used and abused, if taken to seriously, it certainly is an amazing way for one to broaden his horizons.

• Thank you! And true social media gets abused by a lot of people

Most Helpful Girl

• All your points are good and valid, and if you are able to have a social media presence in a healthy way that doesn’t interfere with your life, or you’re not constantly focusing on “what’s gonna get likes” or feeling self conscious about other ppls post, or not get into Facebook fights or anything negative or negative feelings from online, I think it’s ok to have. But the day I deleted all of my social media accounts (aside from gag which is strictly use for giving and getting advice) was the day I because 100 Ike’s happier. Over a year later I don’t even miss it. I challenge everyone to do the same even for a month. To the most important people in your life, you can tyeir ckntact number to stay in touch, and for everything else, posting pictures of your baby isn’t really all that important, or that article about trumps hair. I really challenge everyone to remove themselves from it completely for a month and see how happy you are just by living your life and only sharing it with the ones around you in real time :)

• Thanks for sharing your view, but I tried for a day because my phone broke down and I can’t go without

• I get what you mean and it’s not necessarily a bad thing that’s just how our culture is now :/ but it’s kinda sad. I wish sometimes that we didn’t have phones so we could spend more tome on the real world around us

• Yeah, indeed😐

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 32

• This is something that a lot of people don't realize. A lot of the people who complain about social media are people who grew up without it (mostly old people).

• Social media is all vanity, bitterness and dick pics. Let's be honest. It's a toxic dumping ground. The only way to take good experience from the internet is to take information from it as a single player. Don't go multiplayer. The moment you interact with other people you are exposed to the cancer of stupidity that infests this technological cum-soaked rag.

• You learned absolutely nothing from my take.

• lmao, I did read it actually. Don't think that I'm putting your take down or saying that you're wrong. I'm just presenting a counter stance. I like your experience of social media and I like your positivity.

• Alright thank you

• I agree. There are many good things about social media. But I also believe there needs to be a balance with the real world to the extent that it is possible. We have the opportunity to communicate with so many people from so many backgrounds but we need to give some love to the people that live around us too.

• You can do that true texting😂

• But I will say this, gag makes possible many questions you could not ask in public and when you are depressed it can bring a smile to your face

• I know right

• I predominantly use Facebook, mainly so I can easily stay in contact with my family. It's hard to stay in contact with them in other ways if they leave spread out with about 13 timezones in between.

Most of my time on social media is just to waste my time.

Good take 👍

• You are right about being able to meet people of different cultures. Through GAG I was able to do this, and made some really good friends 👍👍

• Well, like a lot of things, social media is great in moderation and does help you reach and meet people you otherwise wouldn't, so it can broaden your horizons.

• The biggest plus for me in using social media is that I get to connect with users from all over the world, yeah. I'm always crazy about other cultures so I love knowing about what goes on in someone else's country and what their views are about things. And when it's a girl I like I love it even more.

Other reasons for me to like social media are that I get to express myself, through either a direct written post or meme I made, and sometimes sharing awesome photos with other people.

My main bases are Google+ and GaG. I really don't care for Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat.

• Xoxo omgjassy

lol you GOSSIP GIRL..
    so you are THE GOSSIP GIRL..

• Beautifully written and you n @Kenisha are the best person I met online

• Very nice. lol
    It does have it’s downsides too, of course.

• you are absolutely right. Here facebook is most popular, & people use it as protest against rape case or any harassment case. Yesterday a bad things happen here in metro, one couple traveled in metro & they hug each other , they hug because the boy want to protect his girlfriend, & here in metro lots of people traveled , so its necessary to protect & that time some older guys who's more than 50y old they told them that its not your home & you can't do it here, & after that they punched & slap them. we all protest against this incident in facebook, & probably the older guy's will be arrest , we all demand to arrest them. The facebok becomes a powerful social media.

• I forgot that you can also use it to get awareness good point! And horrible situation.

• i do darling, how ever & what ever against unconsciousness, i write there some of my feelings & here also. but the fact is people attract lair more than a true friend.

• Just keep in mind most all of it fake, and the narcissists playground. Mostly it's LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!

• I always thought how will I communicate with people if go to a different country but social media reduce this fear

• Social media isn't bad, as long as it doesn't become a major part of your daily schedule. When I look at kids in my classroom, I think that's the big issue with social media. Even my neighbor can't leave his phone off for 30 seconds.

Personally, I use Twitter, mainly for sports news, and YouTube. Otherwise, sites like these, discussing certain topics. Sites like these are to me underused by todays society. Compared to Instagram and Snapchat, you actually get to know a lot about life, directly.

• Hahahhaa lol youtube

• Nice take :)

• What do you study?

• Thanks and I agree

• its useful , but not a full time thing for me

• good take

• I use instagram and youtube

• Interesting. Thank you.

• That's pretty nice explanation 😊

• I could honestly do without it.

• 2/10 take

• yeahhhh

• thank you

• Great myTake

• I agree

• Show more from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 14

• I'd say everything you mention, besides spending crazy amounts of times on them, is positive. There are a bunch of negative outcomes too though, for example cyber bullying, stalking, or not spending as much time with people in real life.

• Media is a double edged sword. It has benefits but you have to be careful or you will witness its drawbacks. I agree with all you said. Good Take

• WhatsApp, Tumblr, Wattpad (if that counts), G@G, G+
    That's it.
    And yeah, brilliant myTake. :)

• Very true. Without it my dad wouldn't be able to talk to or see his family that live really far away

• Nice take

• Pretty true. Nice take. 👍

• Very nice 😘

• eh...

• Great take!!!

• Very nice

• Good take

• True.

• Yep.

• Yep what? I didn’t ask a yes or no question

• Yep I got 7xp just for saying Yep

• Didn't seem to weigh up the negative aspects.