Things that are so 90s

Raise your hand if you grew up in the 90s. Then you’ll surely remember those days. Let’s take a trip down the memory lane and countdown the things that give you that warm fuzzy feeling of how life was growing up in the 90s.

1. MTV (Music Television)

When MTV used to play music videos and dedicated a whole month to pay homage to an artist/band that is on top of the charts worldwide. Not the MTV that we know now which only airs reality shows and not so much/zero music videos. I remember growing up watching MTV all day to night. It was my life!

Things that are so 90s

2. Boybands

Backstreetboys, Nsync, 98 degrees, 5ive, Hanson and many other boybands! The 90s was all about these handsome crooners who made a million girls including myself scream their names out and singing with them while wiping off their tears streaming down their faces. We even have their posters plastered on our bedroom walls.

Things that are so 90s

3. Supermodels

Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington, Helena Christensen, Linda Evangelista, Cindy Crawford among other supermodels of the world graced every cover of magazines and the catwalk. Throughout the 90s, supermodels dominated the fashion industry.

Things that are so 90s

4. Teen oriented shows/TV shows

Dawson’s Creek, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Beverly Hills 902010 and Party of Five were big hits then about the lives of love struck and vampire slaying teenagers. Add to that list of TV shows were Baywatch, Are you afraid of the Dark, Mighy Morphin Power Rangers and Highlander.

Things that are so 90s

5. Blockbuster/VHS rentals

It’s Friday night. Where do you go? Head out to your nearest Blockbuster/VHS rental store to camp in for the weekend and watch movies YES straight from your VHS player.

Things that are so 90s

6. Mix tapes

I used to be on standby to be able to record my favorite songs straight from the FM radio station and stop recording when the annoying DJ cuts of my songs before it even ends.

Things that are so 90s

7. Bands, bands, bands

Hello Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Blur, Oasis, Third Eye blind, Wallflowers, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Hootie and the Blowfish, Garbage, No doubt and many more…

Things that are so 90s

8. Disney in the 90s

You cried when Simba’s dad was trampled to death and when Mulan was a war fighting daughter who sacrificed herself for the love of her dad. Alladin took Jasmin to a magic carpet ride and Ariel gave up her voice to be with her human prince.

Things that are so 90s

9. Fashion then was on fleek

Remember those baggy Tommy Hilfiger pants, crop tops, baby doll dresses, knee high socks, shiny polyester neon colored oversized coats and so on. Think Nancy Downs in The Craft or Cher from Clueless. Grunge look was a big hit among teenagers growing up in the 90s. Think Kurt Cobain.

Things that are so 90s

10. Teen royalties

When you say 90s, who do you remember? Alicia Silverstone for the guys and Devon Sawa for the young teenage girls were every 90s kids crush. Teen thriller movies such as Scream, I know what you did last summer, to name a few. Freddie Prinze Jr and Jennifer Love Hewitt were also 90s heart throbs and princess then.

Things that are so 90s

11. Sitcoms

When Will Smith took over Bel Air and Friends was a household hit, Jennifer Aniston made every girl run to their hair salon to get the famous Rachel haircut.

Things that are so 90s

12. Feel good cartoons

Gone are the days when they used to show feel good cartoons on Friday nights and early Saturday mornings. I haven’t even had breakfast yet my face is already on the TV watching Looney Tunes, Uncanny Xmen, Batman the Animated Series, TMNT, Tom & Jerry and so many more. Cartoon Network was every kid’s favorite go to channel.

Things that are so 90s

13. The music

What a good time to be alive. When you hear a 90s music play on the radio, it gives you the feels. From pop to rock to grunge to soul, it takes you to a happy place back when you were a 90s kid/teenager. Even the music videos were another level of amazing from the Spice Girls to Notorious BIG to Smashing Pumpkins to Alanis Morrissette.

Things that are so 90s

14. Blockbuster movies that are now classics

When Kevin McAllister was left home alone for the holidays while his whole family was in Paris and Jack sacrificed his life for Rose and when the dinosaurs took over Jurassic Park.

Things that are so 90s

15. Walkman/Discman

Carrying this around with headphones on made you look like one of the cool kids with a cassette tape/CD of your favorite artist. Don't forget your back up batteries just in case.

Things that are so 90s

16. Choose between using the phone or Internet

If you want to use the computer, get off your phone. Yes, it was a tough choice. Either you hang up on your bff to talk about Jonathan Taylor Thomas or go online to surf the World Wide Web.

Things that are so 90s

17. Gameboy/Sony Playstation1/Super Mario/Tetris/Sega/Sonic

Almost every kid in the 90s grew up to all these popular games craze. You think you’re so cool coz you have a laptop or an Iphone?

Things that are so 90s

18. Outside

We were the last generation of kids who played outside from morning till night. We used to get our knees scraped, our bones broken or faces dirty and sweaty from too much playing. Outside was our playground where we used to socialize and play with our friends and the neighborhood kids. Being grounded was sent to our rooms with no TV, Ipads or PS4 to entertain us and bedtime at 8.

Things that are so 90s

19. Taking pictures

Only the 90s kids remember waiting for eternity to finish the whole roll of film and bringing it to the nearest photo place to have them developed. Only then you know if the pictures actually were great or crap.

Things that are so 90s

20. Doing whatever the hell we want

There were no smart phones back then to record our shenanigans and trace it anywhere since there’s no social media to post it to.

Things that are so 90s

But we sure do remember every little thing growing up in the 90s. It was awesome!

Please feel free to add more anything that gives you serious 90s nostalgia.

Thanks for the time reading, loves.

XOs Pinay_Ako

3168
Pinay_ako is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girls

• That was a good walk down memory lane!
    Back in the day when MTV was cool
    When as a teenager, one of the best after school jobs was working at blockbuster! (The only downside was handling the returned porn videos 🤮)
    Fashion was very individual
    There was nothing worst then returning to the 1 hour photo processing shop, to discovered your film had been explosed to light, and the photos are all orange!

• yessss it breaks my heart when the pictures are all destroyed and we had no filters back then. What u see is what u get lol

• I loved how there was no filters on photos. The photos were of real life! ( not sugar coated, air brushed reality) Another great thing about the 80/90s... if someone gave you a ‘mix tape’, you just knew it was true love! ❤️ Those things took forever to make... and a lot of patience. Cheers for the MHG! 🍻

• What about saved by the Bell who all loved that show, I'm still I'm love with Kelly kapasky and yes I'm aware that's probably not how her last name is spelled

Most Helpful Guys

• Damn yeah I remember all that and how good it all was

Join the discussion

2966
  • w, how come you're okay with liking big breasts but not big asses?

• Some of these things are more associated with the 80's.

• I feel like #7 could be applied about anywhere except the 2000s up

• - porn on the internet
    - saving porn pics on diskettes
    - 64kb porn gifs

• hahaha yeeeah good old times. Good take!

• Britney spears

• Yes love Britney. She became so popular in 1999 and became so much bigger in early 2000s

• Yeah me to. Early 2000 fashion was a bad idea, but the whole feel through the early 2000's had the best music and best children.

• the people that were born in 2000 right now are like 😡 i grew up with you.

• CRT Monitor... Man I am such a nerd.

• This is why I can't date anyone under 25.

• Good mytake

• Slowly raises hand

• I remember all of that stuff.

• 1999 baby

• This is the best myTake I've seen yet!

• I love the 90s!!

• Nice take, i am 90's person as well

• I miss my childhood.

• Grear times indeed 😊

• I total agree with you

• I miss them days. I dont know what they have now

• Love to go back and live the 90's over, but

• Good take

• Buffy is my favorite part of the 90’s

• 2d

1998

• now I feel old...

• The music though. 1994...

• 90s were good my child hood.

• Dial-up and Pokemon.

• I remember most of those.

• I was born on 1992. Those were the days

• The style was good? NOPE!

• Very Interesting

• don't forget Pagers

• Latchkey kids

• Dont forget the landing strip