Yes, Celebrities Do Come On Sites Like These

ManOnFire

Relax.

I’m not gonna tell you I’ve met a celebrity on GaG. At least not yet anyway. And if I did I wouldn’t spill their beans either. But I do want to say that they do actually come on sites like these in disguise, and I’ve met some in the past on other sites. A cup of tea and storytime, shall we?

“Why would a celebrity come on here? They have better things to do.”

This is something I’ve heard multiple people say across different platforms over the years when I discussed this, and the reality is: why wouldn't a celebrity want to participate? Just because they’re famous? If they can spend lots of time posting on Instagram, why wouldn't they also have better things to do than lending in their own two cents on sites like these, or at least looking for personal advice as well? Maybe they want a break from the lime light. Maybe they want to hang around the rest of us average folks for a change.

I can tell you for a fact that celebrities do. Just because they’re rich and famous doesn’t mean they don’t have thoughts, opinions, and a need for advice or someone to talk to like anyone else. They do, they just use names and avatars that will make you think they’re the next average guy/girl.

Before I go any further, I just want to make it clear that I am not worshipping or sympathizing with celebs by talking about all this. I am actually not one who cares about the lives of the rich and famous, nor do I aspire to be like them, I’m just saying they’re still human even outside of their glitz and glam.

I have met some celebrities in disguise before

On some other sites years back, I did have the pleasure of meeting some stars in disguise. One in particular I talked to all summer long one year, which was extremely enjoyable. I’ve told this story once before on another site, but I don’t want to give out her name to respect her privacy even now, and in case she’s here on GaG lol. What I will say is that back then she was still starting to go big, and now is one of the biggest, most famous stars of today. When we talked that summer, she even sent me a photo of herself holding up a piece of paper with both of our usernames on it. When we first started chatting I had this hunch of who she was and she was very surprised that I figured it out, but I kept it a secret for as long as we talked.

Before that, I met a few others on another forum, but they didn’t feel comfortable saying who they were, they were just surprised to know that I somehow had a feeling. I will say that I’ve always had this really weird psychic knack for knowing things or details about people I’ve talked to on the Internet for years, without even knowing what they look like. I don’t know why or how, I’ve just always had that. I’ve surprised so many people by guessing that they wear glasses, are a particular race or from a particular country, look like this or that, have this or that hair color, have big boobs, are in the military, etc. It’s actually how I made so many online friends in the past, and I have a lot of fond memories of those conversations even today. However, my psychic skills have gotten just a little rusty lol.

I remember talking to one very interesting woman - who you really could have deep conversations with - that I kept having a hunch was a country singer. Something about her just kept whispering that to me. When I asked her if she was she took some time to reply back and when she did she wondered why I thought that, and I said I just had a hunch. She too was surprised and pretty much did say she was a country singer but didn’t want to reveal exactly who. I didn’t push it, so we talked a little more, before she disappeared from that site altogether shortly after lol.

There was also a similar case with another woman who I felt vibrations of her being a journalist during a political debate we were having with another user. She too wondered why I thought that, and also confirmed that she worked for a major news network but wasn’t comfortable giving out her identity when I asked. After a few more exchanges, she also decided to disappear from that site as well.

If you meet a celebrity, just treat them like the next person and respect their privacy

I think being star struck is probably normal for most people when they meet a famous person, just don’t get too crazy with it. I remember looking completely stupid when Biggest Loser came to film at my gym years ago and I shook hands with Bob Harper, not knowing what to say. Although I suppose you could say I was caught off guard by the appearance.

I can say from my experiences that I really did enjoy having private conversations with these people online. As I said before, I am not a celebrity worshipper, and am not even a fan of most of them, but when you get to actually talk to them one on one in the privacy of your inbox, just the two of you away from the world, it’s very nice to be on a human level with them and know how they feel and what they think, and share opinions on life and the world. Just treat them like you would anyone else, even if they’re not stars you’re particularly fond of. Respect their privacy, let them trust you. Some of them are just looking for a friend or somebody to chill with for a minute, so go with it if you’re okay with that. And who knows, you might be lucky enough to develop a long-time friendship.

#celebrities

24
47
24Girl Opinion
47Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• Sparks32
    There are celebrities that live in the streets or even in their cars atm, so celebrities would't Necessarily have better things to do. I wouldn't say my distant relative was a house hold name but he was the No.1 ranked junior tennis player in the world for 1 year. I was visiting my grand mother who was into a family trees and she told me I was related to this man on tv. by chance 3 years and 1000 miles later I was working on a dairy farm and the girl next store said she was going to watch her brother play on tv. She not only found me on her family tree but my grand mother traveled 1000 miles the year before and stayed at the farm next door for a family reunion. What a crazy small world we live in.
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• Anonymous
    I think it’s very possible, there’s lots of celebs out there and this place is very much anonymous. Plus lots of celebrities participate in those fun buzzfeed things where they go undercover on Twitter or Instagram as an average being, whos to say they don’t here? Also I’m not famous but if I were to get fame, I’d still be on this site from time to time. I don’t think any celebrity goes on here regularly lol
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

2346
  • ShaTTeredMasterpeace
    I still don't think celebrities use sites like these 🤷🏾‍♀️
    Like 8 People
    • ManOnFire

That's okay🤣

• True, they would be aghast by all the dick size questions.

• @Daniela1982 😂😂😂 exactly

• ADFSDF1996
    Makes me wonder how many times I may have talked to one without noticing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of those temporary accounts that get deactivated only a few days after they’ve been created are celebrities in disguise who just want to say something.
    • ManOnFire

I thought the same thing about those too.

• Pyrofox
    I'm not surprised I've discovered a number of accounts out here that when I asked a colleague to do some digging. We figured out a number of the accounts out here are directly linked to celeb's. Not saying its bad but its like plenty clear many come here in search of advice. And most just need to have their gut feeling confirmed.
    Like 1 Person
  • DizzyDesii
    there's one girl on here posing as a country singer but it ain't her. The real girl is nowhere near as rude. Whenever you call her out, she blocks you. So i dont respect a lot of trash imposters. But if youve met a real one on here the great
    Like 3 People
    • ManOnFire

So far I haven't met any on GaG, at least not that I was aware of. The girl you're talking about is not a celebrity at all. Keep in mind that celebrities are generally not going to show their real selves in their avatars, it would defeat the purpose of their privacy and anonymity. Only the ones who really want to be noticed will do that. Years ago I met Siva from The Wanted on Answerbag and he had no problem showing himself - in fact he had even had a selfish showdown with another guy on their who was a British model. It was pretty fun to watch them going back and forth with it.

• ManOnFire

*selfie

• DizzyDesii

My baby Sivaaaa 😭😭😭

• Grond21
    I have always wanted to speak candidly with a celebrity. Off the record, in private. To see if the fame was worth it. What the biggest pressures are, if they are satisfied with there image, etc. To have a real human connection that wasn't bogged down by the status or frills.
    Like 1 Person
    • ManOnFire

You'd be surprised what they open up to you about.

• Grond21

I look forward to being surprised someday

• Mr_White_Stepbro
    I've encountered lots of them on Instagram, it seems to be the easiest way to cross paths with them online. I'm sure some celebs do check out what people on gag are saying about them when their Google alert goes off that their names were typed somewhere online.
    I'll sometimes get a like on my comment from a random user name like "Fhfhfhf" that just shows up and then disappears again.
    Sometimes I assume it was that celeb I was talking about.
    Like 1 Person
    • ManOnFire

I met some stars on Google+ too when that was still around. Ariana Grande actually added me back on there.

• Nice.
      It seems easiest to talk to the Reality tv stars online. They actually reply back on Instagram sometimes because they're new to the attention and they seem to love it.
      Otherwise, I don't actually hear back from Jennifer Lopez or anything. LoL!

• Rob17792

reality stars suck. they're more egotistical then regular celebs

• Phoenix98
    Even if they did it's not really gonna change anything for me as I've met and talked with a few in real life before. To me they are just people, well known people sure but people none the less and that's how I treat them.
    Like 1 Person
  • t-8900
    celebs eat, breath, sh*t, sleep like the rest of us. They have a pile of money and that's going to impress me? I have multimillionaires in my family and I dont even associate with them. I have more fun kicking it with the plebs tbh. If they see me, hi how ya doin? Hope your life is as dandy as portrayed on TV. I'm not treating you any differently from ordinary folks because that's what you still are at the end of the day.
    Like 1 Person
  • Ez-Bri-Z
    I honestly think it would be really fun to talk with one just to really get their perspective on how they experience life in an candid moment off the record. I have no interest in sharing their stuff, I just like to learn how things work and I feel this would be one of those things that that would be a unique experience to hear about. Gives me another angle to take into consideration when writing.

That's really interesting you got to have that experience multiple times.
    Like 2 People
    • msc545

I live in Hollywood and have for a while, and I've run into plenty of people in the entertainment industry at parties and clubs and gotten to know a few. They are mostly fairly interesting people with interesting jobs, which they don't like to talk about much - instead, oddly enough, I get asked about what I do for some reason which seems to fascinate many of them. I am unable to talk about what I do except in the most general terms, so we wind up talking about restaurants or travel destinations mostly. Or women.

• Ez-Bri-Z

Yeah, I am not about that negative life on a question like this. I removed the comment targeting msc's post.

@msc545 That's really cool though. I guess after a while we tend to forget they are just normal people with a much different life than ours.

• Starla1234
    Crazy I came across this question, I was just wondering yesterday if celebrities would use sites like GAG an go anon
    Like 2 People
    • Aurora1010

I was wondering that today lol

• ManOnFire

I really don't doubt it.

• If they did it would be to troll as anons.

• DryGermanGuy
    I would always be interested to hear/read from an intelligent and educated person about their field of work! For example a successful screenwriter, telling me how to improve my (amateur) writing. 👍
    But there are many delusional airheads around, being famous only for shoving their fake tits into every camera there is. I‘ll pass on those. 😵
    Helpful 1 Person
  • Texaskid1
    Sure it's all true... and this is my real identity:
    God save G@G !!!
    God save G@G !!!
    LikeFunny 3 People
    • ManOnFire

Lmfao. The queen is definitely not cool enough for GaG.

• msc545
    I play WoW, and a good friend of mine from raiding turned out to be a well-known actress who lives down the hill about 100 yards from me. She is now on here and enjoys it, and no, I won't tell you who she is.
    Like 2 People
  • zagor
    Please tell me Emma is here...

But seriously, we are ALL here "in disguise". And of course a celeb isn't going to say who they are here as it would end up on TMZ.
    Like 2 People
    • ManOnFire

True point.

• Rob17792

those sleezebags.. lord knows they can't respect anyone's privacy let alone understand or phantom the definition and concept

• Rob17792

phathom*

• jillybeanns
    Reddit? Yes. This app? Eh, I think more so very unlikely, but probably not impossible given the unique concept.
    Like 2 People
    • ManOnFire

Either, or. It doesn't matter. I'm just saying they come on sites like these period.

• ManOnFire

I would imagine there are young celebs who might come on a site like this for relationship advice, or even to just talk about someone they're seeing, without naming them. Talking about it like they were any other average person.

• I could def see that. Especially for younger celebs.

• SitBackRelax
    I can’t stand about 99.9% of celebrities or people who think they are “royalty” for that matter. No one is more royal than another! Celebrities are not Gods nor are they any more a person. They are flesh and blood mortal and as fallible as anyone else. So why care if a celebrity is on here or not? Why care what they think? Maybe if the celebrity is not stuck on themself and shows some humility as being no better and no more important as anyone else. But so called celebrities like the Kardashians are what’s wrong with the world!
    Like 1 Person
    • ManOnFire

I agree with you on those points as well.

• 007kingifrit
    its morally wrong and intellectually lacking to even recognize or care about celebrities. they have no good effect on society
    Like 2 People
    • ManOnFire

In some sense that can be true.

• molonski2

Spot ON ! Who remotely cares what they do or dont do.

• hahahmm

True in most cases. There's a few who are very good role models. a FEW.

• ObscuredBeyond
    Not sure if I've encountered any A-listers on GAG. But the voice actor for Doc Ock in Spider-Man PS4 once showed up in a fan group on Facebook, and I got to talk to him. In real life, he's pretty cool. Of course, I only got to talk briefly.

The admin if that group found out I compared Jingping Xi to Mr. Negative, the Wuhan lab to the Demons, and Fauci to Doc Ock. The admin reeed a storm, and I got permabanned. So... haven't been able to chat with the voice actors from that game since.
  • Shark_61695
    That's ok, I probably wouldn't recognise them... I've worked in a bar and been completely oblivious until the wait staff told me it was a celebrity, I think I even worked a night out for a group from a TV show but I don't really care.
    Like 1 Person
  • Levin
    Anna Kendrick,

Come at me.

I have an English accent, so it'll be you getting most of the best deal in the relationship.
    Funny 2 People
  • Show More (49)