Painting with female menstrual blood: Feminist empowerment or nonsense?

I was nonplussed to discover that female artists creating artwork with their menstrual blood was a thing, a buzzfeed video brought it to my attention. A rationale being is that it is intended to break-down taboos regarding female menstruation/periods, a female, feminist artist said she conceived the idea after Trump made derogatory comments about women "you could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever".

With this in mind do you think this is a legitimate art form breaking down taboos and further solidifying gender equality with artistic merit for good measure or is it feminist, liberal nonsense?

detailed and thoughtful responses are appreciated

7795

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Buzzfeed... I remember reading some crazy things on websites like that. Either way, I can’t tell you how grossed out I am by this. It’s fucking blood... and they’re using it as paint? Must smell nice in these art rooms... might attract a vampire or two