Men’s Fashion/Trends “I” find HORRIBLE!

I know some men out there who don’t really care what they wear and they wear what they please (which by all means) it’s totally cool. You do you best and I have no right to take that away from you. But it doesn’t mean that I’m going to stop having MY opinion about it..

These fashion choices are something I don’t understand (I’ll never will).. Maybe it’s comfortable? Looks cool? Or everyone else is doing it but for the love of god!

Let’s get the ball rolling..

1. Mesh T-shirts/Singlets

Men’s Fashion/Trends “I” find HORRIBLE!

What the flying hell is? No let’s not even start. Alright Mr Casanova don’t be moving your hips my way take them away from me

2. Cut/slit in Eyebrows

Why ruin perfect eyebrows? WHY JUST WHYY?!?! Did you have an accident with the razor or something? (That’s understandable) but don’t go purposely doing that :(

3. Flat top caps

Don’t go hiding those pretty eyes behind an over-sized cap :'(

4. Short shorts

Um no just no.. I’m not going to go there >.<

5. Oversized T-shirts/Singlet

Did the washing machine stretch it or something? *goes and finds some scissors, needle and thread*

6. Pointy Dress Shoes

Dude!! You’re going to poke my eye out with your shoe.. You better have health insurance

7. Casual Vest

I don't mind vest but for a formal setting. Casual vest like these? Mmm no Sir

8. Shutter Shades

Do they help you in any shape or form to prevent the sun getting into your eyes?

9. Chains

If I forgot to bring my bike chain.. I know who to ask

10. Men’s Sandals

They look hideously comfortable it makes me cry because they look so ugly :’(

Well there you have it! I hope you guys agree with some points. I know some girls out there wouldn't find some of these horrible but that's your opinion of course, i''m not bothered.

Thanks for reading my myTake! :)

3764
mooky06 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't picture any straight guy wearing number 1. So, if you see a guy wearing that then it's a safe bet he's trying to attract other men and you're not his target audience.

2. I think is just stupid.

3. I like wearing hats but I'm not a big fan of the bill being flat.

4. Unless the only time I would wear shorts that short is if I'm wearing running shorts and I'm out running. Definitely not something I would wear casually. With that said, when I was a teenager I hated wearing any kind of shorts that did not go down passed my knees. I didn't like it if they went too far passed my knee but just barely passed. Now, I'm comfortable with wearing shorts that stop just above the knee.

5. Can't stand oversized shirts so, I can see where you're coming from on this one.

6. Eh, I don't like the feel of pointy dress shoes but I don't see what's horrible about the.

7. Sounds like what someone would wear only when they are making a fashion statement and I think wearing something because others think it's cool is dumb so...

8. Probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen on men or women.

9. I don't care if other people wear them but I've been a fan of chains

10. And like I said earlier, I think it's dumb to only wear something because others think it may be cool. I also think it's stupid to not wear something because other may think it's dumb. I will wear what I find comfortable and I find those kind of sandals to be comfortable and I couldn't care less if they look "horrendous". I don't see why they're horrendous, but I am more about what is comfortable than what is fashionable or trendy.

• but I'm not a fan of chains*

Most Helpful Girl

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 63

• I think she has eliminated about 65% of all men's entire wardrobe lol... the eyebrow slits, pointy shoes and the short shorts are the only things that i can say i don't do. Not a big fan of shutter shades either.
    As for the rest of them, don't hate girl, after a steamy night where foreplay was him in a mesh shirt dancing, you trying to tell me that the next morning, you won't find one of those oversized shirts to wear? please 🙄
    yet to meet that one girl that didn't like my big shirts... after all, isn't that what you women wear and call them "dresses" lol

• DUDEEEE lets not even go there with me. Rico suave talking about dancing and mesh shirts paired 😂 Oversized shirts are fine man. Not ones up to his knees lol I like my dresses short.. Sometimes

• so you do get what i mean lol... hey, i had to call you out... used some decent imagery too...
      lol @ Rico Suave though.

• Yeah I got you man lol ayite ayite Rico suave 😂

• 1. Who wears these? I am imagining the douchiest of bros.

2. The same thing with Nelly having that piece of masking tape stuck on his face.

3. Isn't that a mesh trucker cap? It's not a flat top...

4. Depends on who the guy is trying to attract, doesn't it?

5. Look at the rest of the guy wearing it. There's something growing under his chin. It's for wannabe gangsters.

6. I HATE THESE. Even if the material is smooth. You could use them to play jai-lai.

7. The fucking smoking jacket is probably following right behind.

8. 80s garishness is so chic.

9. This shit is back, too? Again again? Fashion is cyclical, the 90s wasn't the first time...

10. Sorry, but we need our sandals for hot days and going to the beach. If it's any consolation, my girlfriend has these, which are better than the $5 water shoes you see in the el cheapo outdoors section:

i.ebayimg.com/.../$_32.JPG

I am jealous of them. She's just found me a male equivalent. Joy!

• #2 ahaha I thought Nelly had a band-aid on his face. I was assuming he was trying to bring that into a trend.. but that would of been so stupid. If that was in placed could you imagine? Guys and girls would be walking around the place with ONE band-aid stuck to their face! HAHA

Those shoes your girlfriend has looks awesome!

• They are absolutely superb for camping. You can go hiking in them, and wade right into a stream or river.

• Oh lucky gf! She needs to get you a pair!

• I don't see what's wrong with the vest.
    And, if I had those sandals, I'd wear them outside in summer. Especially if I'm riding a bike or going to the beach. Why the bloody hell would I wear shoes with socks when it's +30 degrees celcius outside?

Apart from slutty clothing and makeup, the only thing I don't like on girls are high heels. They're giving a false image of height.

• Mesh shirts - AWFUL! Seriously, who on earth thought that those would be a good idea?

Cut/slit in eyebrows - I haven't seen too much of that. Even so, not a fan.

Flat top hats - I hate, hate, HATE flat-billed hats!

Short shorts - I hate, hate, hate, HATE short shorts on men (more than flat-billed hats, hence an extra "hate").

Oversized shirts - Meh, stockpiling for the future when they get into their 40s and 50s and realize that they've gained too much weight :-P

Pointy dress shoes - He is NOT going to poke your eyes out with his shoes, unless for some silly reason you're crawling around on the floor 24-7. And those shoes look awesome.

Casual vests - Meh. Some guys can pull them off.

Shutter shades - Yeah, those just look dumb.

Chains - So do those.

Men's sandals - Those look good.

• Im so not up to date with anything really, lol. Wasent aware most of these were a trend.

Which also. nr 2. Seriously?, people do/did that on person, really? Only one I remember that comes to mind that had that was James Marsters who played Spike on buffy, but he got cut from a fight or something, pretty sure he didn't do it to himself anyway.

An personally I like 5, lol. I like comfy clothes dammit!. Not clothes you feel like you are strapped up into a penguin.

Although dont see whats bad with nr 7 really. Even if I never use vests myself.

9. I like chains on a girl really for example, while never really bothered myself, but nothing against it.

As for 10. Show me a different sandal? Seriously, lol. I know I was on vacation in greece at some point, this type of sandal was the only thing I saw anywhere. Think many places is the only ones they make, so dont even have any choice. Cause yeah, I want something else, lol

Rest I can kinda get at least.

• Hey, hey now don't dis the mesh shirts

*puts on white mesh t-shirt from the 80s*
    img1.etsystatic.com/.../...270.1015158429_8qfz.jpg

I see nothing wrong with those kinds of mesh shirts for like in the gym or something, totally agree on every other horrible fashion trend you have listed though. you should have put the whole pants down to the ass trend that wannabe gang members love to do.

• No just no! Don't even go there! I mm just don't even put it on please 🙌🏽
      I'm unsure why people would wear them to gym lol

• The good old 80's fashion trends.. Ugh 🙈🙊

• 3|0
  • I would never wear any of these, except for 7, 5 and maybe 3... as for the sandals - only on the beach. Nice Take by the way.

• Flat top caps + Oversized T-shirts/Singlet + Chains = Too much swag.

• I'm WhiteSteve, and I approve this message👍😎👔

• I agree with all, except for the flat top caps, I think they look pretty cool.

The rest is awful. Sandals and socks? Kill yourself.

• I agree with some of this but not all of it.

• For example the pointy shoes I do not agree with you about. Some hospitality jobs require men to wear shoes like that.

• That's understandable. But there are a lot of designs out there and pointy shoes (among others) are just a design. If you like pointy toed shoes it wouldn't bother me, it's what you like, not what I like

• The only shoes I have seen that are not lace up are all reasonably pointy. Some are more pointy than others but they all seem to be reasonably pointy.

• Personally I only like short shorts, but denim, like girls often wear very short denim shorts, why shouldn't guys. The sandals, I agree do not look good, but in hot weather they stop feet smelling and are practical on rough surfaces. Overall, being a nudist I prefer to be naked, but unfortunately some people actually don't approve in public areas except nudist beaches.

• I agree with everything except the eyebrows I think it can look good sometimes. I like big comfortable T-Shirts but I've never worn any that long :P.

• Oversized tshirts are cool! Anything that long (in the example) looks odd as haha

• Flat top caps are ment to be worn backwards. Some ladies love it lol. Flip flops are ok tho? Otherwise I agree. No.1 reminds me of a gay dude 😂

• Shutter shades are ironic. They can stay. And I don't see what's so bad about the vests. Is there anything fun I'm allowed to wear? Jeez.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• You can wear whatever you want. I did state that, it was the first paragraph lol

• You are what you dress. Does it really matter what other people's opinions are about clothing? If you want to follow the sheep that's fine.. If you want to be different you'd be different. There's no tiny box, unless you put one there

• I don't think I am what I dress, that seems wrong.

• I just kept laughing down the list xD
    Good take Mooky :P

• I do none of those! but sandals can be nice sometimes.

• Lol @ oversized shirts. BRB ordering size small fitted Tees from the gap. BRB look 10x bigger in a size small.

• I wear slightly pointy dress shoes... what's wrong with those?

Mind you I have really big feet so wide toes make my feet like absolutely giant.

• More from Guys
    43

What Girls Said 36

• You definitely hit the nail on the head with almost all of these points. I don't mind the flat brimmed hats usually, though. :)

• yess i agree with almost all
    the mesh top is nasty, but i've always found cuts and slits on the eyebrows sexy, i like the hats, short shorts on guys look unnatural, i like over sized shirts, those pointy dress shoes make me want to throw up, the casual vest is just as gross, shutter shades aren't in anymore but they werent just for men, i remember i had a glow in the dark pair they were so cool aha but then again i was like 12. those chains look so lame, and those sandals just make me cringe.

• I kinda like guys in shorts :P

• Ewwww. Especially the mesh shirts. 😛

• OH MY GOODNESS!! more men should wear "short" shirts! those look way better than the loose, passed the knees shirts guys usually wear

• Ugh, remember when guys used to wear multiple flat hats on top of one another? Or when they wouldn't take the price sticker off the brim? Fucking hated that...

• Omg the price was still on the cap and it was a trend to leave it on there! Ugh I remember that 🙈 *epic facepalm*

• I hate everything about those damn hats. No matter how hot the guy is, the second I see them wearing one of those hats or an over sized shirt, it's an immediate turn off for me.

• Same here, glad I'm not the only one who thinks that

• 11) Man buns.

12) Scraggly, patchy beards that look like pubes.

• I don't mind the sandal ones but the rest I completely agree. :)

• Nothing wrong with guys in casual vests... but I agree with most of your points

• the only thing I disagree with you about is the short shorts... sometimes the weather is just too hot! let boys have short shorts too..

... otherwise, seriously those are horrible boys stop wearing them

• My dad had a mesh shirt and wore it all the time a few years back... It was the most embarrassing time of my life. His sense of style has improved drastically since then, thankfully 😂

• Greasy man buns. Can't stand them. Also gnarly beards. You look like s bloody goat. Shave it off!

• Honerable mentions; camo anything, cowboy hats and boots, and cargo shorts.

• I agree with everything, but those things aren't really trends.. They were trendy like 2004, no one wears them 2016 anyway, so you can't really call them trends.

• 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 10 are trends. They are where I live. 5 is the biggest trend setter at the moment. You should google it.

• Hmm I didn't know the fashion sense was so different in other western countries 😱

• It's different everywhere lol

• I will agree on the Mesh T-shirts... as in why?

• SHORTS YOU SAY
    OH @PROPANEACCESSORIES 😂😂😂😂

• Shutter shades are poppin, momma.

• 7 and 10 are okay but I agree with the rest

• 7 + 10 can stay... all the rest I agree with :)

• I like chains... but other then that I completely agree with you.

• More from Girls
    16