Elemental Fashion: Fire

Elemental Fashion: Fire

Fire, the next element, is one that easily stands out and above the rest. When one wears the element of fire, they do so not to blend in like earth tones, but to stand out. Fire evokes images of passion, energy, intensity, boldness, heat, and allure.

The colors and shades that evoke fire are various shades of red and orange, blacks, and greys as you move through the spectrum of the beginnings of a flame or heat rising, to it's eventual extinction. Pop this color throughout your wardrobe and even your hair in some stunning ombre looks. The thing you must be careful of, because of it's intensity, is going overboard with it or too literal with it when it comes to bringing it out in your fashion. You want to interpret the flame as it were, as opposed to literally wearing a jacket with flames running up and down the sleeves.

For men, the task of bringing the element of fire to life can be a bit more difficult as the color can overwhelm on men, evoke images of a Halloween devil, or seem almost clownish. In order to counteract that if one is going to wear full on red from head to toe, is to wear a subtler shade or break it up with another color or pattern. For men/women alike, if you must do flames and such, do so with a more subtle accessory like a necklace, a shoe, your wallet, etc.

610
BeeNee is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Elemental Fashion: Fire

Easy light someone on fire done. Fashion Fire it's the hottest thing this year.

Most Helpful Girl

• That black and red dress is aweeessommmee

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 9

• I like the colours but not a fan of bold bright colours that said I love the subtle examples in your picture array.

• Very interesting...

• I must say I like the colour, looks good (looks like crimson). But going to need confidence to wear it. Not fan of any coloured hair though. But dress/style looks good.

• I'd say you have to definitely want to get noticed wearing reds and oranges, but if you aren't as bold as to wear say a bright or cherry red, they have more muted shades that would probably help you build up that confidence to go full force.

• I agree, and bold was the word I was looking for, better descriptor of what I was trying to convey. These colours look good on girls. Do you think these colours would look good on guys too? And what kind of muted shades you had in mind.

• I think only certain men can pull off the full blown red suit for the reasons I mention in the take, but wearing red shirts/jackets/shorts/pants/shoes/other accessories, I think all guys can pull off wearing some form of red otherwise I wouldn't have included guys in the take. As far as what muted red colors... slide towards shades of red like merlot, garnet, or wine.

• Oh hey, that wasn't a thing that existed in my world five minutes ago but now it is for some reason.

• I DO love orange.

From clothing to fall leaves to food, orange is a wonderful colour.

• Breathe fire.

• The girl holding the bouquet of fire is... mmm. Amazing.

• Red is striking but you have to wear it right

• it's not bad

What Girls Said 5

• great

• Lovely pictures

• Great Take :)

• Red is actually my least favorite color; it just feels so confrontational and angry.

• I love the indian ladies dress! Also I had fire hair in the past. It was awesome