Hourglass Figure Problems

I know what you’re probably thinking: “Oh poor you living every woman’s dream!” Well, having an hourglass shape is not all that it’s cracked up to be and I’m going to on a rant about it because I feel like it today.

Hourglass Figure Problems

But first, a disclaimer. I’m not trying offend anyone or do any body shaming (especially against my own body type), I’m just going on a rant about why being an hourglass is not the picnic that everyone tends to think that it is.

Now that that’s out of the way, let’s begin my rant against my figure!

1. Everyone thinks it’s a picnic

Hourglass Figure Problems

As I said in my intro, women covet this figure and act like only the one they have has things worthy of complaining about and the hourglass is one that will never have any problems! Yeah, that’s not true, there’s stuff worthy of complaining about with this one too.

2. Shopping is a nightmare

Hourglass Figure Problems

My measurements are 38in, 26, 38. And I have the worst luck find clothes that fit my whole body (unless I want to look like a tent).

3. Wearing stuff that does fit

(I couldn’t find a good picture for this one... sorry)

If you come upon the miracle of wearing something that does fit (ie the perfect pencil dress and belt to sinch at the waist) then you will feel this strange sense of confidence and self-cautiousness at the same time because...

4. The attention

Hourglass Figure Problems

You will get LOTS of attention wanted or unwanted whether it’s from horny men that can’t (or won’t) stop staring at you or trying to flirt with you. I’m a feminist so I hate it when guys make these sort of comments (actually, I don’t think that you necessarily have to be a feminist to hate this, but you know what I mean). So it’s like I’m a feminist born with a non-feminist body 😂😂😂.

5. Comments from other women

Hourglass Figure Problems

Don’t get me wrong here, I think it’s great that women do body positivity and compliment each other, but at the same time, it can be pretty awkward because they’re complimenting your body. Also, it kinda destroys the purpose since they’re complimenting the thing that you have that everyone seems to want.

6. No one cares about anything else

Hourglass Figure Problems

Obviously this is not true, but it really does feel that way sometimes and it makes me want to wear lose and shapeless clothes so that they pay more attention to me and less attention to my body.

6. Hi Boobs!

Hourglass Figure Problems

Depending on where I am in my cycle, I will be either a true hourglass or a top hourglass and my boobs are incredibly noticeable especially against my petite frame and it’s like everywhere you look, there they are! They were already big enough, they don’t need any extra help!

7. Looking older

Hourglass Figure Problems

I may have started to develop at the same time, but I sure didn’t at the same rate. I started when I was 10 and by the time I was started high school, I was skinny with a tiny little 23 inch waist, but already an F cup (I’m an I cup now with a 26 inch waist). I remember that I was often asked if I stuffed my bra and no one believed me when I said that I didn’t so that was fun. Also whenever guys hit on me or girls expressed envy about my mature figure. At least I got a taste of what my adult life would be like 😂😂😂

Thanks for reading my rant. I know that I complained a lot, but at the end of the day, I still enjoy having an hourglass figure. I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows that it’s not really the best thing in the world that everyone seems to think. So, whatever your body shape, have a nice day beautiful! 😉

4037

Most Helpful Guys

• (Married, apologize if I sounded sexist)

I think you're overly conscious of your body image and how us guys look at you.

We guys just like beautiful female bodies. Doesn't matter if you're hourglass shape or skinny or otherwise. in my opinion, if you're a female and you look pleasant and sexy, guys will look.

And one fact about this millennium where sex is no longer taboo and both genders freely express their sexuality, talking about sex and doing it is natural. This means flirting, wooing and explicitly asking for a night of intimacy is normal to all girls, not just hourglass girls.

So in my opinion, let your hair down. You're definitely beautiful and sexy. Guys love you (or lust over you). Enjoy the attention. You don't have to sleep with every guy who approaches. You can still choose.

But if you dislike the guy, just reject him and have fun. It's life. Be happy.

• My girlfriend has the hourglass shape and man does it get fucking annoying when guys fucking think they can cat call, honk, flirt, and stare at my girlfriend. Sometimes even right in front of me.

Last time I went camping these fucking rednecks in a pickup truck (like 6 of them) slowly drove by us as we were walking to our camp. This one wannabe Brad Pitt cheap knock-off starts flirting with her asking her if she was some random girls name. So of course she thinks he's honestly confused. Halfway through the conversation she notices what he's doing and I'm furious. But I didn't want to provoke 6 guys in their early 20's. So I had to swallow that whole shit.

Most Helpful Girls

• Literally everything in this take could be applied to women of all body shapes. And I have an hourglass figure. I don't agree with this Take. Sorry, but this read more like someone who wants to brag about having an hourglass figure versus complain about the 'complications'. You get compliments and you have the body type everyone wants? Oh, poor you. And having a big bust is for women of all body shapes.

• For me the biggest problem is when I gain weight I look disproportionate, I don't take any weight in my stomach or legs but take a lot in my hips and chest which make me look odd.
    Too I like wearing baggy clothes and I end up looking fat with it after ><

• Oh wow, then you must look like Jessica Rabbit after Thanksgiving 😂😂😂

• I know the feeling 😂 there are times when I get distracted by my own boobs 😂😂😂

• For shirt that are a bit low cut that's the worse, no matter if it's just a bit, it's going to show cleavage XD

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 35

• That's too bad.. I think a lot of people knew it was never a picnic because nothin no matter how good it looks is never stress free in this life.. Lol.. But this was more like a "Look at me, I got a what is socially seen as a nice body, and I wanna talk about it" type takes.. LMAO..

• Having a good body is not easy, nobody thinks it's easy, everyone knows it's hard. Both guys and girls have to work our absolute arses off to get into shape, get abs and what not. I've been going to the gym 5 days a week for 4 years, eating healthy, etc. I am immensely proud of my body, of course it isn't easy. I don't look down on people who don't work out, BUT I do look down on people who don't work out but also want to be appreciated for their body. Sorry but if you want your body to be appreciated, put some actual effort into looking good then. I hate people who attack me for going to the gym as if I'm supposed to feel any sympathy for them? Get a fucking grip and stop being a sensitive bitch. If you're happy with your body and you've never set foot in a gym, good on you. I have no problems with you. It's only when you find you're not getting as much attention from the other sex as I am that you begin to attack me or society for our materialist views on beauty. Oh come on, I worked for my body, I deserve this attention. You've done nothing, either work out or accept you will not get as much attention or appreciation as those that do put time and effort into our bodies.

• I'm getting tired of this type of comments, so I will be clear.
    If you don't want to be used as an object woman, offer something different.
    Did you see that in all your post the only thing you said about your personality is that you are feminist? In fact you have 7 points talking about your exterior self 0 points about other habilities or characteristics you would like people look more.
    (unless you consider being a feminist object) why don't you speak about what would like people see into you? Kindness, intelligence, boldness.. ?
    On my opinion you should start to fight for your inner talents more that blaming your external blessings.
    One part of Dr House talk about it very well.
    "why did you choose me?
    Because you are hot.
    You contracted me for sex?
    No, you are hot, you could have been able to go anywhere but preferred to study.
    I was the second of my promotion.
    But not the best, even so, you continued fighting its what I need on my team"

If you want be appreciated for something more, show something more.

• You are not an hourglass if you have measurements of 32 I -- 26 -- 38 . Your hips and chest are not proportionate. Your over bust is supposed to be between 41 to 42 inches as per this chart. https://in.pinterest.com/pin/294071050650815298/

• 0|1
    • What was the point of that?

• All ten of these reasons can apply to any woman of any body shape.

By the way, I think you're a slight pear (but close) to an hourglass shape.

• So what's an appropriate way to approach / talk to you?

This past weekend I overheard some gals talking (at the gym waiting for a workout class) about how a guy was saying to either one of them or another girl (I can't help it if I have good ears) that a guy said "you're nice and limber." Now even I know not to say that. I should have said something along the lines of "so what is a good way to approach?"

• So, another humble bragging post about how horrible it is to be genetically determined to be loved by society!

Here's the thing. Go fuck yourself! Yeah, you heard that right. Life is a cakewalk to you, literally.
    You can become an instagram model literally by just taking photos of yourself.
    Dating and settling down? Shouldn't be too hard to find a handsome, rich boyfriend, should it?
    Job? Well, you don't need it, SINCE you have a rich boyfriend, but if you want it, he can finance it for you.
    Meanwhile society validates you at every point, and throws free stuff and attention at you.

And your only problem is "boo hoo, I have a slightly harder time finding clothing!"
    Well, grow the fuck up!

• She literally stated seven essential issues. Did you just read the first one and were like, "Eh, the rest is probably just the exact same thing?" Look, all she's trying to say is that it's not what everyone thinks. And one can't truly know that without being in that position. Just take models for example? They work tirelessly and we still give them so much shit for" having a glamorous life. " How would you know what's behind all that?

• Drinking without an ID, and getting taken more seriously are social issues.
      The fact that people don't ask people for their ID based on how they look, is a social issue. So is getting taken more seriously. Age shouldn't be a determinant factor. One's words and thoughts ought to be.
      Do you have any clue as to how expensive breast reduction is? Extremely. Also its not just that easy. Like great, it's there, but I'm not going to alter myself just because of it. That's removing a flaw over here, and that's just messed up.
      How? I ask you. How? Case in point. A girl with small breasts wears a top. Looks good, nothing is showcased.
      A curvy girl, wears a top (realise the fact that wearing a top is not sexual) her breasts get showcased. Now side by side, the girl with the small breasts is not wearing something sexually suggestive while the curvy girl is. How does that make any sense?
      If comments from other people really mean that much to you to suggest one to cover up or get a breast reduction then wow that's just shallow. You're expecting someone to change because society expects them to. The comments, the issue with them, is that they are largely physical. And not intellectual. That's the issue. Not that she has to change who she is, in order to not get them. They can focus on other stuff like maybe who she is as a person.

• I'm not even going to have the conversation about models. That's just disrespectful to them and they don't deserve that.
      I'm not saying that she can't. The fact that she can, is a minus. And you may want that, but some people would rather do it on their own.

• Ridiculous. You have WAY more important things to worry about than shopping for clothes with your figure. pfft

• As if guys don't have beauty standards to uphold. What a load of bullshit. Guys have to be ripped, lean and with a 6 pack otherwise girls wouldn't look at him. That's like doing 2-3 hours in the gym 5 times a week. Get over it.

• It sounds to me like you're pretty damn healthy, so as far I'm concerned, you have nothing to complain about. Just be proud of your body and stop trying to invent problems.

• I should do one of these about how difficult life is when you have a horse cock.

• Lol what’s that shit like a foot long? Haha

• @Wizard-of-bras

I wouldn't know since they don't make rulers that big. :(

• "I’m a feminist born with a non-feminist body."
    Best comment I've read today. Apparently, feminists CAN be funny... Who knew?
    Also, you better hope that no one on Tumblr reads this...

• High waisted jeans do not flatter curvy girls, sorry to rain on your parade.

Also, these aren't problems...

• All of this
    I didn't read , but hope you are okay

• You know, being a guy, none of this occurred to me. Thanks for sharing your perspective.

• 8. Getting stuck in rails
    9. Consuming so much sand

• You must have a lot of strain on your back, because you have a large cup size, I don't blame girls for getting a breast reduction.

• You're right, nobody cares. I'm sure people born super rich have "problems", but that's called life.

• Having an hourglass figure is hot on women who are in shape. I don't like the fat-type hourglass women.

• 6d

this is the like the male equivalent of someone making a post called big dick problems

• Well everything has it's cons... just what can I say.

• Can you provide an example of an "hourglass figure" girl?

• You don't have any real problems Miss Hourglass

• 8.
    Not everyone actually considers it attractive.

• Hourglass is the ideal figure

• Haha fun take

• Hourglass is not the same as curvy.

• Hour glass is curvy, google what an hour glass is. Fat is not curvy. A few fat girls are curvy and they usually are just women with hourglass shape who manage their belly area.

• I’m bout glass and size 2.

• Hourglass *

It’s firmly possible hourglass is affected by the way your bones are structured

If you have a straight build you won’t get an hour glass. NO matter how plump.

• All you did here was complain. No real problems.

• Every shape has ups and downs. Good take, though.

• Show more from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 38

• Yeah... I can agree here...
    It's nearly impossible to find good clothing that fits right away - and I don't want to wear skin tight clothing - not my thing.

• And I’ll bet five million dollars that you’re on the fatter side of a person calls “curvy” or hourglass...

Fit girls never complain like this.. especially with super natural measurements that seem ideal...

So this is all pathetic.. a drama queen that wishes she looked as she supposedly claims to describe n here and complaining about it... how annoying. The end.

• Oh wow... if I wrote a take like this, I could already see the haters coming. All I'm gonna say is that you're full of shit. There's absolutely no need to mention your measurements. If you were serious, you would have covered the actual issues that plague women with these bodies. Instead, you just kept repeating how small your waist and how big your boobs are.
    At least do some research before you write anything.

• As a woman with an hourglass shape, I relate to much of what you're saying.

It goes to show, there's no perfect way to have a body or for a body to look. No matter what you have, it has it's ups and downs.

• Why rant about it?, if you don’t want an hour glass then either lose weight or put it on it is rather simple tbh. Am one of those people that believe if you don’t like so, etching then change it, this feels like attention seeking too me.

• Hourglass is still ideal! heffas wish they had these "problems". and most sought after!!! companies make for badly build women! they assume if you have a large bottom area.. ur waist it also large! and vice versa
    thats why i love fashion nova!!! catering to hourglass bodies

• Oh my, an F cup at 13/14. That's a lot for the back to carry.

As someone who has never measured their waist, boobs, etc (but I asked my boyfriend for his measuring tape and will update-because you made me curious) I like my body and don't see many issues with having it. Although, hips are in now and so is butt, but getting through at the movies or at school is so hard haha.

• Yeah... O... k
    You know that you have way more good benefits in life compared to a average looking woman. And get away in many different types of horrible lifetime situations.
    When I had that body I have plenty happy memories and have been depressed at times for dumb reasons looking back. Now comparing my fatass lifestyle (presents) to that one, this is true deeper reasonable depression.

• Hourglass is the shake if your bone structure, doesn’t mean huge boobs just boobs and hips even and waist goes in. I’m skinny with an hour glass show little padding though.

• And tally finding clothing that is not dress , is awkward for women if they have any padding at all bc other than dresses , clothes are made for big shapes.

I do sympathize being large chested can be difficult for reason you mentioned but the rest of it really us challenging for most women

• I agree on all of them, except for the boob ones, I'm an hourglass too, but with bcups.

But yes hope are always wider than the waist, so I mostly buy shorts that have those long zippers and make a great fit on both parts of the body.. those exist! And nowadays many dresses are made for our figures too.

• Until last weekend, I thought people who look like your description didn't exist in the real world lol. It needed the strongest willpower to not turn around will passing by her 😂 And yes, it looks nearly impossible to find clothes that fit.. which she did 😂

• I don't really relate to any of these, mostly because i'm the petite form of an hourglass. The only thing that does kind of annoy me is 5.

• I have a big bust but I don't have an hourglass figure.

• I can relate so much (except that I wear clothes to hide my shape so that's where the struggle is a bit different). We also have almost the same measurements.
    1) No one really knows I'm hourglass.
    2) I relate with the pants struggle. Belts are a savior.
    3) I don't wear fitting/tight clothes.
    4) I don't go out without car much, but I did experience getting stares at my chest.
    5) Only in the gym and I kinda like it. We have separate unit for women.
    6) Busty girl comics, I love them!
    7) At the age of 13 someone asked me what college I'm in.

I can't even get peace by getting my clothes tailored. Tailors mess up my clothes by making the chest smaller or waist bigger cause they don't believe me listen when I say what measurement to write.

• My figure is more subtle but I recognise most of your problems❤️

• Must be so terrible to be iconically sexy lol

• no one cares

• Then why did you read this?

• 1000% agree!

• Oh shut uppppppp

• Nice take

• I completely agree with this

• I can understand

• I'm hourglass and love it

• Nice take

• hun i'm a 34 26 34 that's an hourglass

• Yea things are tough all over.

• Clothes that fit are the biggest problem.

• Do you mean finding clothes that fit or when you stuff that does?

• Actually both. If & when I find clothes that fit I buy 2 more.

• Having your pant ripped at the inner thighs because your beautiful curvy thighs rub together... having the holes for your belt ripped because you always pull them up..

• Omg I feel you. My high waisted jeans never fit me, they're either perfect around my thighs and really big around my waist or I can't actually get them over my thighs or butt.

• Oh please
    Is it worse than being a 36-29-39 pear shaped?

even when I lose weight there are people that will still call me fat because to them wider hip bones=fat
    I'm just 19 and can't even wear minis other than skater skirts or bright colored pants. Inverted triangle/apple shaped women have killer curves and hourglass shaped women killer curves. Banana shaped women can also wear anything they want

I think I'm gonna make a MyTake about the pear shaped figure

• I thought pear shaped was big lower body but small upper body?

• @Elaine_17 I guess it depends on your weight as well. For example, Keira Knightley is a skinny pear
      I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about people who have larger bones naturally

• @Elaine_17 yes you are right I shouldn't generalize. There are pear with big shoulders that look more like an hourglass and other with skinny legs

I personally have a weird body shapes resembling between a rectangle and a pear. My hips maybe wider than my shoulders but I have no waist or butt

• I have the same problem

• Show more from Girls
    8