Hourglass Figure Problems

I know what you’re probably thinking: “Oh poor you living every woman’s dream!” Well, having an hourglass shape is not all that it’s cracked up to be and I’m going to on a rant about it because I feel like it today.

Hourglass Figure Problems

But first, a disclaimer. I’m not trying offend anyone or do any body shaming (especially against my own body type), I’m just going on a rant about why being an hourglass is not the picnic that everyone tends to think that it is.

Now that that’s out of the way, let’s begin my rant against my figure!

1. Everyone thinks it’s a picnic

Hourglass Figure Problems

As I said in my intro, women covet this figure and act like only the one they have has things worthy of complaining about and the hourglass is one that will never have any problems! Yeah, that’s not true, there’s stuff worthy of complaining about with this one too.

2. Shopping is a nightmare

Hourglass Figure Problems

My measurements are 38in, 26, 38. And I have the worst luck find clothes that fit my whole body (unless I want to look like a tent).

3. Wearing stuff that does fit

(I couldn’t find a good picture for this one... sorry)

If you come upon the miracle of wearing something that does fit (ie the perfect pencil dress and belt to sinch at the waist) then you will feel this strange sense of confidence and self-cautiousness at the same time because...

4. The attention

Hourglass Figure Problems

You will get LOTS of attention wanted or unwanted whether it’s from horny men that can’t (or won’t) stop staring at you or trying to flirt with you. I’m a feminist so I hate it when guys make these sort of comments (actually, I don’t think that you necessarily have to be a feminist to hate this, but you know what I mean). So it’s like I’m a feminist born with a non-feminist body 😂😂😂.

5. Comments from other women

Hourglass Figure Problems

Don’t get me wrong here, I think it’s great that women do body positivity and compliment each other, but at the same time, it can be pretty awkward because they’re complimenting your body. Also, it kinda destroys the purpose since they’re complimenting the thing that you have that everyone seems to want.

6. No one cares about anything else

Hourglass Figure Problems

Obviously this is not true, but it really does feel that way sometimes and it makes me want to wear lose and shapeless clothes so that they pay more attention to me and less attention to my body.

6. Hi Boobs!

Hourglass Figure Problems

Depending on where I am in my cycle, I will be either a true hourglass or a top hourglass and my boobs are incredibly noticeable especially against my petite frame and it’s like everywhere you look, there they are! They were already big enough, they don’t need any extra help!

7. Looking older

Hourglass Figure Problems

I may have started to develop at the same time, but I sure didn’t at the same rate. I started when I was 10 and by the time I was started high school, I was skinny with a tiny little 23 inch waist, but already an F cup (I’m an I cup now with a 26 inch waist). I remember that I was often asked if I stuffed my bra and no one believed me when I said that I didn’t so that was fun. Also whenever guys hit on me or girls expressed envy about my mature figure. At least I got a taste of what my adult life would be like 😂😂😂

Thanks for reading my rant. I know that I complained a lot, but at the end of the day, I still enjoy having an hourglass figure. I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows that it’s not really the best thing in the world that everyone seems to think. So, whatever your body shape, have a nice day beautiful! 😉

3332

Most Helpful Guys

• My girlfriend has the hourglass shape and man does it get fucking annoying when guys fucking think they can cat call, honk, flirt, and stare at my girlfriend. Sometimes even right in front of me.

Last time I went camping these fucking rednecks in a pickup truck (like 6 of them) slowly drove by us as we were walking to our camp. This one wannabe Brad Pitt cheap knock-off starts flirting with her asking her if she was some random girls name. So of course she thinks he's honestly confused. Halfway through the conversation she notices what he's doing and I'm furious. But I didn't want to provoke 6 guys in their early 20's. So I had to swallow that whole shit.

• (Married, apologize if I sounded sexist)

I think you're overly conscious of your body image and how us guys look at you.

We guys just like beautiful female bodies. Doesn't matter if you're hourglass shape or skinny or otherwise. in my opinion, if you're a female and you look pleasant and sexy, guys will look.

And one fact about this millennium where sex is no longer taboo and both genders freely express their sexuality, talking about sex and doing it is natural. This means flirting, wooing and explicitly asking for a night of intimacy is normal to all girls, not just hourglass girls.

So in my opinion, let your hair down. You're definitely beautiful and sexy. Guys love you (or lust over you). Enjoy the attention. You don't have to sleep with every guy who approaches. You can still choose.

But if you dislike the guy, just reject him and have fun. It's life. Be happy.

Most Helpful Girls

• For me the biggest problem is when I gain weight I look disproportionate, I don't take any weight in my stomach or legs but take a lot in my hips and chest which make me look odd.
    Too I like wearing baggy clothes and I end up looking fat with it after ><

• Oh wow, then you must look like Jessica Rabbit after Thanksgiving 😂😂😂

• I know the feeling 😂 there are times when I get distracted by my own boobs 😂😂😂

• For shirt that are a bit low cut that's the worse, no matter if it's just a bit, it's going to show cleavage XD

• Literally everything in this take could be applied to women of all body shapes. And I have an hourglass figure. I don't agree with this Take. Sorry, but this read more like someone who wants to brag about having an hourglass figure versus complain about the 'complications'. You get compliments and you have the body type everyone wants? Oh, poor you. And having a big bust is for women of all body shapes.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 30

• That's too bad.. I think a lot of people knew it was never a picnic because nothin no matter how good it looks is never stress free in this life.. Lol.. But this was more like a "Look at me, I got a what is socially seen as a nice body, and I wanna talk about it" type takes.. LMAO..

• You are not an hourglass if you have measurements of 32 I -- 26 -- 38 . Your hips and chest are not proportionate. Your over bust is supposed to be between 41 to 42 inches as per this chart. https://in.pinterest.com/pin/294071050650815298/

• 0|1
    • What was the point of that?

• All ten of these reasons can apply to any woman of any body shape.

By the way, I think you're a slight pear (but close) to an hourglass shape.

• So what's an appropriate way to approach / talk to you?

This past weekend I overheard some gals talking (at the gym waiting for a workout class) about how a guy was saying to either one of them or another girl (I can't help it if I have good ears) that a guy said "you're nice and limber." Now even I know not to say that. I should have said something along the lines of "so what is a good way to approach?"

• As if guys don't have beauty standards to uphold. What a load of bullshit. Guys have to be ripped, lean and with a 6 pack otherwise girls wouldn't look at him. That's like doing 2-3 hours in the gym 5 times a week. Get over it.

• Ridiculous. You have WAY more important things to worry about than shopping for clothes with your figure. pfft

• It sounds to me like you're pretty damn healthy, so as far I'm concerned, you have nothing to complain about. Just be proud of your body and stop trying to invent problems.

• "I’m a feminist born with a non-feminist body."
    Best comment I've read today. Apparently, feminists CAN be funny... Who knew?
    Also, you better hope that no one on Tumblr reads this...

• High waisted jeans do not flatter curvy girls, sorry to rain on your parade.

Also, these aren't problems...

• I should do one of these about how difficult life is when you have a horse cock.

• Lol what’s that shit like a foot long? Haha

• @Wizard-of-bras

I wouldn't know since they don't make rulers that big. :(

• You know, being a guy, none of this occurred to me. Thanks for sharing your perspective.

• Having an hourglass figure is hot on women who are in shape. I don't like the fat-type hourglass women.

• 8. Getting stuck in rails
    9. Consuming so much sand

• All of this
    I didn't read , but hope you are okay

• You must have a lot of strain on your back, because you have a large cup size, I don't blame girls for getting a breast reduction.

• You're right, nobody cares. I'm sure people born super rich have "problems", but that's called life.

• Can you provide an example of an "hourglass figure" girl?

• Well everything has it's cons... just what can I say.

• 8.
    Not everyone actually considers it attractive.

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 31

• Yeah... I can agree here...
    It's nearly impossible to find good clothing that fits right away - and I don't want to wear skin tight clothing - not my thing.

• Hourglass is still ideal! heffas wish they had these "problems". and most sought after!!! companies make for badly build women! they assume if you have a large bottom area.. ur waist it also large! and vice versa
    thats why i love fashion nova!!! catering to hourglass bodies

• As a woman with an hourglass shape, I relate to much of what you're saying.

It goes to show, there's no perfect way to have a body or for a body to look. No matter what you have, it has it's ups and downs.

• Oh wow... if I wrote a take like this, I could already see the haters coming. All I'm gonna say is that you're full of shit. There's absolutely no need to mention your measurements. If you were serious, you would have covered the actual issues that plague women with these bodies. Instead, you just kept repeating how small your waist and how big your boobs are.
    At least do some research before you write anything.

• Oh my, an F cup at 13/14. That's a lot for the back to carry.

As someone who has never measured their waist, boobs, etc (but I asked my boyfriend for his measuring tape and will update-because you made me curious) I like my body and don't see many issues with having it. Although, hips are in now and so is butt, but getting through at the movies or at school is so hard haha.

• I agree on all of them, except for the boob ones, I'm an hourglass too, but with bcups.

But yes hope are always wider than the waist, so I mostly buy shorts that have those long zippers and make a great fit on both parts of the body.. those exist! And nowadays many dresses are made for our figures too.

• Until last weekend, I thought people who look like your description didn't exist in the real world lol. It needed the strongest willpower to not turn around will passing by her 😂 And yes, it looks nearly impossible to find clothes that fit.. which she did 😂

• I don't really relate to any of these, mostly because i'm the petite form of an hourglass. The only thing that does kind of annoy me is 5.

• I have a big bust but I don't have an hourglass figure.

• I can relate so much (except that I wear clothes to hide my shape so that's where the struggle is a bit different). We also have almost the same measurements.
    1) No one really knows I'm hourglass.
    2) I relate with the pants struggle. Belts are a savior.
    3) I don't wear fitting/tight clothes.
    4) I don't go out without car much, but I did experience getting stares at my chest.
    5) Only in the gym and I kinda like it. We have separate unit for women.
    6) Busty girl comics, I love them!
    7) At the age of 13 someone asked me what college I'm in.

I can't even get peace by getting my clothes tailored. Tailors mess up my clothes by making the chest smaller or waist bigger cause they don't believe me listen when I say what measurement to write.

• Must be so terrible to be iconically sexy lol

• 1000% agree!

• Nice take

• I completely agree with this

• I can understand

• I'm hourglass and love it

• Nice take

• hun i'm a 34 26 34 that's an hourglass

• Yea things are tough all over.

• Clothes that fit are the biggest problem.

• Do you mean finding clothes that fit or when you stuff that does?

• Actually both. If & when I find clothes that fit I buy 2 more.

• no one cares

• Then why did you read this?

• More from Girls
    11