Why I Love Going Makeup Free

Why I Love Going Makeup Free

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a good day/night. I obviously do occasionally wear makeup to special occasions or for fun at home and experiment with dark or crazy and bold colors. But I don't wear it outside the house or every day and I get a lot of judgement for it. Here are my reasons for why I love not wearing makeup.

1. I have good skin now

I try my best to maintain good skin, and I love admiring my clear skin and not putting on any makeup without it. Even when I had really bad acne I would go out with it bare faced and smile and let my confidence shine even if I had a few pimples here and there on my face.

2. In my opinion, all I need is to look clean and groomed

I've been told many, many times that makeup makes a girl more presentable, more feminine , more well groomed , more professional, etc. and I say that's BS. I look very clean and very presentable without it, cleanliness and being well groomed has nothing to do with makeup. I understand it adds a finishing touch or makes you look a little more perfect, but hey I'm human and I'd rather just look clean and casual I don't mind not being perfect.

3. I look better without it

Now I'm not saying I'm a good looking person, hey I'm not the best looking girl out there I'll admit it. But makeup is supposed to have an enhancing effect, and for my features if it isn't done correctly and precisely it can have a negative effect. I enjoy going crazy with it from time to time but for actually going outside the house? I would prefer not to have it on and show what I think is my best self and that is makeup free.

4. It can feel like a mask

Honestly, it can feel like I have something on over my face and my pores which is uncomfortable, people staring at my face aren't actually staring at my real face but at some colors and falsies and foundation on my face. That, to me, is uncomfortable. I just feel much more comfortable going out with my bare skin.

5. The feeling of a fresh face is the best thing ever to me

Honestly, after my skincare routine is all done I don't feel the need to do anymore. I love the feeling of a moisturized and clean face with nothing else on. And going out that way tends to boost my confidence even more.

6. On the days I feel really good about how I look, I would rather not have any makeup on so I can feel confident about my bare face.

7. I just like it for artistic reasons

Putting on yellow and blue eyeshadow with a strong hot pink lipstick can be stupid and fun and interesting to me, or putting on dark purple lipstick and black eyeshadow can also be super interesting and fun to look at . But that's it, I genuinely don't understand why some people tell me it's important to have it on to look more beautiful or to look better. I'd rather just be myself. I don't see why its expected of me to have it on, I don't want to have it on. I am who I am and I look the way I look and that's it, no changing that.

I don't want to look feminine or to look attractive or look clean (though I disagree with those that think makeup has anything to do with cleanliness). I just love not wearing makeup, the same way other girls love wearing it.

710

Most Helpful Guys

• I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's the beauty of what gag is all about!! Personally I prefer girls with makeup and might even consider wearing some myself, the bags under my eyes are really crying for some concealer lol but I think it is honorable to be comfortable in your own skin and feel the beauty from your natural face. Thanks for sharing this Mytake with us!!!

• I like going makeup free too. lolz.

I dig the idea of accentuation but I look at the idea of concealing and portraying oneself as something else as rather manipulative and fake. So eyeliner is cool... whole face covered in a thick mineral and oil paste to cover up the meth/candy/soda zits... hellz to the naw... to the naw naw naw ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬.

• See, the fact that you think acne is caused by candy and soda means you make a judgement about women who have it, and that's why women want to cover it up.

• @MlleCake Granted... remember I also hold the assumption that they may be doing meth...

But why cover it up? That's a conversation starter or are they trying not to have conversations to begin with...

Do you eat candy or drink too many sodas? Do you dabble in meth? Important info to find about if you want a ltr... or am I wrong about that?

Most Helpful Girl

• i think this is a great mindset to have about makeup! there's nothing wrong with wearing it because you like it, but wearing it because you feel like you're inferior/ugly without it is a really unhealthy mindset to have.

speaking as someone who hasn't gone outside without foundation for 2 years because of acne scarring, I wish I could be more like you!

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 8

• I think it's great that you feel confident in your make up-free face. And you're absolutely right: Wearing make up has nothing to do with looking clean, presentable and professional.

• Yeah. I wore makeup once for Halloween. Like my mom helped me. It was a vampire costume. But trust me, I wanted that stuff off by the end of the night.

• Interestingly, I would prefer to be with a woman who wore no makeup at all.

Natural is always best.

• I agree with 7 a lot, I have only worn make up for the aesthetic

• we love a clean & clear kween

• lol i hardly believe girls can go to work without make up

• Nice one!

• Good for you. I don't mind a little makeup on a girl but frankly I would much rather see no makeup at all than the heavy, overdone makeup many girls wear. It looks really bad and makes them look like plastic mannequins.

What Girls Said 6

• I rarely makeup, and whenever I do it's only a small amount. I do it for the same reason I like to dress well whenever I go out - I like to look good when I go out.

• Agree on mytake. I believe in natural beauty, not hiding it behind makeup.

• I agree. Makeup can really be frustrating and it feels good to rub your eyes without worrying!

• Good take! I totally agree!

• Nice take, I'm the same 😊

• Why is makeup such a hot topic all of a sudden?

• I don't know haha I just thought I'd write a take on how I dont wear it and trying to feel more confident because all the other girls ik wear it , look better and get all the guys.

• But at the same time I've taken a stop from dating so it helps to just do whatever I want with my appearance and not worry