Some ingredients that you should take out of your beauty routine

1.Avoid Shampoos that contain sulfates: A popular ingredient today that could be found in many shampoos (especially cheap ones) is sulfate these ingredients generally end in sulfate and are usually called sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium laureth sulfate the reason why using a shampoo with this ingredient is bad,is because sulfate is known for being a harsh surfactant or disinfectant , it is even used for dish soap, laundry soap, etc. The sulfate in some shampoos causes your hair to lose it's essential oils and for some people it causes them to produce too much oil from using it too often. This ingredient is especially bad for people who have curly hair or colored hair (it takes out the hair dye) as well.

What you could do is that you could replace your sulfate shampoo with sulfonate shampoo almost any shampoo should be okay as long as it does not contain sulfates. 2.Avoid Silicones : This ingredient is a little more tricky to find but generally, silicones are ingredients that end in -col -cone -conol and -xane some examples would be trimethicone, dimethicone , dimethiconol etc. The reason why this ingredient is bad is because it creates a barrier or a coat on your hair this barrier/coat could lead to build up and that is not healthy for your hair. The only way to get rid of silicones is to use a hard shampoo with sulfate be careful though because some shampoos contain silicones as well. However, it is believed that the barrier that silicones create are pretty useful for heat damage so when you straighten your hair or curl it it is good for you to use silicones if you wash it out later. But if you're going to be leaving your hair natural then using silicones wouldn't be a good idea. Also keep in mind that there are water soluble silicones that are okay to use and they usually start with PEG or PPG

3. Parabens: parabens are commonly used in body lotions some examples of parabens methylparaben,propylparaben, butylparaben, etc. Parabens are a serious danger because it is known as one of the causes of breast cancer And this is a big deal because there are not many known causes of breast cancer.

12
12

Most Helpful Guys

• NineBreaker

Sodium sulfate =/= Sodium laureth sulfate (SLES)
    Sulfates are not surfactants, but SLES is one of baby types of surfactants. ALL SOAPS contain surfactants, whether they're made industrially, or naturally. Being a surfactant isn't a bad thing. Being a disinfectant is not a bad thing.

Even if we're not releasing about Sunday's generally, what evidence is there that SLES is harmful? The only thing I could find is that in the process of making it, trace amounts of a dioxane may be present.

What is your evidence for all of this?

I agree that because it is a conjugate base, it could denature the proteins in hair, but it's so weak, it's not that worse than, say sodium stearate.

• Sulfates are known for getting rid of natural oils of the hair and if it wasn't so strong then why can't women who have dyed their hair use these kind of shampoos?

• YvanKarma

Aaah Fructis, literally the only brand i use :)

No other brand shampoo/conditioner and moist does my hair quite like Fructis does

• Try Shea moisture

• And shea moisture and cantu are both great brands with no sulfates, silicones, or parabens

• YvanKarma

i think i only used one Shea product

Most Helpful Girls

• TsundereMatrix

I currently use a shampoo that has no sulfates and no parabens as my hair is colored. The problem I have is oily hair the next day. My hair stylist says it’s the wax filler the manufacturer uses and causes build up on the scalp. She recommended a color safe clarifying shampoo which has done wonders for me and it’s affordable. I have to buy the cheap shampoo because I’m poor and in debt.

• You shouldn't do that because your hair is colored are you sure that the one you were using doesn't have silicones? Silicones are known for causing build-up

• gothgirl997

Thank you so much for your MyTake
    It's really useful
    Unfortunately lots of shampoos and sunscreens contain sulfates.. It's very difficult to find one with natural ingredients, that's effective at the same time
    Any suggestions/recommendations?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

1010
  • Kaytiee

I actually use sulfar soap for my skin. When making this, you should've taken Into consideration peoples skin types.

I have oily skin always have done, a day after I shower I'll be sweaty and have an oily scalp. Thats just my body, whether I work out or not thats how it ends.

So I do use things like vosene, which strips your hair of natural oils because It's the only thing that makes my hair last two days without grease. Same with the soap, I used to use all the popular lovely scented ones but even right after the shower Id be sweaty again.

You may say its because Im stripping my hair that it overproduces, but thats Isn't what goes for me maybe for others yes, but for me no. I was at my grandmas house and she has dry hair, so all I had was normalish shampoos and conditoners I scrubbed and scrubbed and my hair was greasy there was nothing I could do about it, my hair looked like a chip pan had been poured over it.

Girls need to learn about their skin and hair types, before being told what not to and what to use.

• RussianNestingDoll

I use Head and Shoulders, even though I don’t have dandruff. I color my hair blue and it’s still so shiny! That’s an idea! Thank you for the MyTake👌🌸

• Billy96

I do have dandruff so I definitely use Head and Boulders.. also dry skin it drives me múcho local especially in the cold winter months ughh!!
      Any idea what to use?

• Billy96

@Ordinarygurl thanks sweetie pie *😂😂

• @Billy96 of course no problem

• TheUniqueOne96

Nice take.

I have heard before, that certain ingredients should be avoided, like the ones you mentioned.

The problem is, I think a lot of shampoos and conditioners contain those ingredients, so finding ones without them, can be hard and a bit more expensive.

• GoodGuyBreakingBad

Thanks for sharing your MyTake with us. This will let us know
    what is safe to use and not safe to use. I do know they say
    anything with Talc in it is not safe for you it's been known to
    cause ovarian cancer in Women and if Males use it there is
    possibility it can cause Testicular cancer in Males so I'm glad
    you shared this with us very well written and helps me to know
    what to use and what not to use on my hair. Best Wishes :P

• Joker_

I will aim to use parabens so that I can get breast cancer and form boobies

• SexyAshh

Good short and sweet mytake!

Glad to see at 17 you are smart enought to know these things!

You go girl!🎉

• Smegskull

I have used dish detergent to wash my hair before, it works quite well in a pinch (degreaser is degreaser after all)

• Hurdleez-Swampede

I always use sulfate and paraben free shampoo and toothpaste.

I use organic products for my hair and beard.

• Dav1ss

I knew all of these except the last one how is there no regulation stopping it being used

• alice55

I agree but finding shampoo without sulfate where I live is impossible, it suck.

• Rawkstar26

Very good myTake, I always use natural shampoos and conditioner.

• anmari2001

thanks for the invitation, nice take

• Massageman

Thanks for sharing the info.

• Secretgardenblood

Good take

• l don't use that stuff l use washing up liquid

• Wowgirl30q

Nice job

• LuvAsh

Good Mytake😊🙂❤ i am gonna screenshot this info!

• AwesomeLadaaay

Yesssssss

• esotericstory

thanks for this information.

• Anonymous

where were you when I had hair?