Why don't masculine physical traits look good on women and why don't feminine physical traits look good on men?

FemaleWhy don't masculine physical traits look good on women and why don't feminine physical traits look good on men?MaleWhy don't masculine physical traits look good on women and why don't feminine physical traits look good on men?Is it because of chromosomes or something else? Masculine physical traits match men better while feminine traits match women better. Of course everyone has different opinions, so I know some people are attracted to the individuals in the pictures.

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• There's just a natural aesthetic that goes with what you were born with. Women look better with feminine traits because feminine traits are defined as being inherently female, and vice versa. To go against that grain reads foreign and unnatural to most. I can't speak for everyone but I am one of the many women not attracted to feminine men.

2|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Because we are a sexually dimorphic species of animal who are meant to look different and perform different biological roles. Put simply, they look ugly because it's unnatural.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• It's because that's how we're socialized. What we find attractive is largely influenced by what our society teaches us is attractive. Like, some ancient cultures found overweight people most attractive because people who could eat enough to be fat were generally pretty well off.

2|0
    0|3
    • I think it has to do with biology, Men's bodies aren't built for feminine traits, while women's bodies aren't built for masculine traits. Also, men and women naturally find certain traits attractive in the opposite sex. Women look for strength and protection while men look for fertility and nurturing capabilities.

• Show All
    • Socialization only works for some people, not all.

• If socialization truly played a major role in how physically attractive a person looks, then most people would find this attractive.
      i3.kym-cdn.com/.../9fc.jpg

• That man looks like Sandra Bullock or like he's trying to be her impersonator. That woman could pick me up and swing me around. She could probably bench press a Buick! I can imagine not wanting to choose a partner with the traits not of their gender because it would make me personally feel defeminized. Why would I want my guy to be someone I needed to protect and who prettier than I was? Then I'd have to be the man!

0|1
    0|0
    • Ikr being a man sucks!
      But fr tho girls complain about equality but they dont want to be men, makes sense

• @NexyPL I'm not a feminist. Look at my age. I used to get upset because my mom would make me wear pants and sneakers instead of let me dresses and tap shoes. She'd cut my hair short and I'd want it long. My dad wouldn't let me cry if I got hurt so pretty sure my parents wanted a feminist and they didn't get one.

• I personally think the top doesn't look good on ANYONE, but I think the bottom one looks perfectly fine. I don't agree with the statement in general. I am attracted to femme guys and girls, and masculine guys and girls. There are things I don't find attractive on either sex which is being overtly muscular.

0|0
    0|0
    • You like the more natural look, than the "enhanced" look. That's understandable.

• Right. I don't mind it to an extent. I certainly wouldn't tell someone "you shouldn't work out so much." since it's not really my business and I don't exactly have a perfect body in any way shape or form.

• I don't know... men are men and women are women... thats just how it is.
    but something to add is that we see its weird coz we are used to a specific"shape or form". If we've always been seeing men with feminine physical traits and females with masculine physical traits then the other way around would be weird (which is what we consider as normal)

0|0
    0|0
  • I think feminine traits DO look good on some guys. Like those guys that are sort of metrosexual (justin bieber as a random example), they do have feminine traits.

0|0
    0|1
  • Second one looks like Sandra bullock

0|2
    0|0
  • it doesn't look good

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• Because men and women seek different physical traits in their partners. The "idea" of a how a perfect partner should look like is built into us as a result of millennia of natural selection. That is why women like men with well built bodies while men prefer women with more feminine curves - round butt, slightly larger breasts. Personal preferences vary but overall everyone has a "standard" in their heads.

1|1
    0|0
  • First off, I believe in Intelligent Design and have been called a traditionalist. That being said women and men are created opposite but equal. Women weren't made to do everything a man can do, they were made to do everything we can't. So that plays into visual appearance in part as well. Add in a little bit of social stereotypes and there you go.

1|1
    0|0
  • who decides what looks good or bad. Its people who have their preconceived ideas. I like women who have strong, athletic bodies. But I am myself not so well built. Just average. But that doesn't deter me from appreciating the uniquness that may be the most attractive feature in us all including our physical characteristics.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because feminine traits for women and masculine traits for men lol

0|2
    1|1
  • I think the dude looks hot, but bodybuilders I'm general squick me out. But androgenous women are pretty hot too. Like many punk chicks 👌

1|0
    0|0
  • Are you serious? It's cause women want men who are manly and men want women who are feminine. It's simple really.

1|1
    1|1
    • But why is that the case. Your answer basically just equates to "it is because it is" without an actual explanation.

• @cipher42 well really its evolution. Men have been biologically programmed to seek out the most feminine, young, and attractive, fertile, females, because those are the females that produce the successful offspring. When a girl looks too masculine, it won't set off that natural switch in minds of men. The same goes for women. there are innate masculine traits that are sought after in men by women almost animalistically. Of course there is free will and we are not slaves to our biology 100 percent, so there are outliers and exceptions. As for why this has caused us to evolve successfully for the past millions of years? well there's a lot too it, but if it were wrong it wouldn't have worked and something else would have had to. The essence of masculinity and femininity are complimentary like yin and yang. Every male has a little bit of femininity in him and every female has a little bit of masculinity in her and its normal. but its the energies that need to compliment one another.

• are we really asking this?

1|0
    0|0
  • Both look bad.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd share a beer with both of them.

1|0
    0|0
  • hey, traps are pretty hot

0|0
    0|0
  • Science

0|0
    0|0
  • Women destroyed this...

0|0
    0|0
    • @cipher42 I've been on this site for a long time... but this women... fuck me...

Recommended myTakes