Do you believe in universal beauty standards of women?

big eyes. big lips. oval face. small nose. narrow jawline.Do you believe in universal beauty standards of women?
  • yes I do
  • no I don't

2034

Most Helpful Guy

• Studies have long suggested there is no such thing as 'beauty standards' or 'universal beauty standards'.

Researchers have sought to know whether people across the world share a common perception of beauty. Some studies have attempted to construct model of beauty based on geometric symmetry of facial and anatomic features.

Many markers of beauty are cultural constructs (Salem Press Encyclopedia, 2016) that varies from one society to another and from one culture to another.

Different types of beauty perception exist among all individuals (Zhang et al. 2017). Beauty is person specific, and different persons have different beauty cognition (Zhang et al. 2017).

Zhang et al. (2017) observe that a person is recognised to be attractive because of their excellent personal skills and popularity other than their real facial beauty. The properties of beauty are tangible and intangible.

Reference List
    Lei Zhang, David Zhang, Ming-Ming Sun, Fang-Mei Chen (2017), "Facial beauty analysis based on geometric feature: Toward attractiveness assessment application". Journal of Expert Systems With Applications, vol. 82, p. 257-263……

Most Helpful Girl

• I think overall there are some feautures everyone thinks is beautiful like: clear skin, healthy thick hair, nice teeth, good hygiene. But what feautures are considered attractive can differ from culture to culture. For example, in India they like fair skin, oval/longish face, long and straight nose, big eyes, dark hair. But in America a heart shaped face, full lips, tan skin, and light eyes are considered ideal. In Korea, they like softer feautures like a narrow jaw, not super defined cheekbones, small nose, wide eyes, super pale skin, skinny body with minimal curves. I could go on so basically I'm trying to say that the ideal beauty differs from one culture to another, but most of the times someone who is considered ugly in one culture will most likely be universally considered ugly because in all cultures abnormal feautures, unsymmetrical faces, bad hygiene, and lack of care are considered unattractive