Why do girls wear sexy Halloween costumes?

This question isn't to "slut-shame" anyone. I'm merely curious as to why a lot of women like to dress up in very proactive costumes. Surely they know that this will turn a lot of guys on. Why do girls wear sexy Halloween costumes?

0|8

Most Helpful Girl

• "Surely they know that this will turn a lot of guys on."

And that right there is the deeper goal honey. I don't care what females say today, they can say I just want to look cute or because I can wear whatever I what, they can wear whatever they they want however they can still look cute without they're ass hanging out. The truth is they chose the sexy somewhat revealing costume cause they want to attract and look sexy and of course appeal to the male gaze or just grab attention.

But it's mostly done to look good for men. Don't let these women lie to you, most the crazy crap we do is to look good for the opposite sex or get some type of compliments from somebody. Like if I chose to my hair and make up right now and nobody said a word, I would be slightly disappointed cause I actually put work, time and effort into my appearance and feel like it was all for nothing.

5|8
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• To all the women saying, "because we can" as an actual reason, fuck off. You "can" also dress up as a stick of butter. But I don't see many women doing that. The man asked why you dress the way you want to. He's not asking why you should, he isn't trying to get your panties in a twist. He's a curious guy with a valid question.

Let's provide an example for you. If someone asked me why I dressed up as James Bond this year, I'd say, "because I think a suit makes me look good and in trying to get laid." or if I was dressed up as the clown from It, I would say, "because in trying to win the scary costume contest and this scares people shirtless."

Notice how I provided a explanation. "because I can" is a useless explanation.

3|13
    1|0
    • I personally feel that that’s the best explanation. It’s the one night a year that women CAN dress as slutty as possible without being judged for it. We can’t just wear lingerie any day of the year without people judging us.

• Show All
    • Holy shit, this guy gets it!
      Also, I thought Halloween was about pretending to be something you're not.

Truth.

• Notice how only 1 girl liked your comment lol. You are completely right tho.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 141

• Because we can. If you want we can dress as a bunch of old maids instead.

36|48
    13|25
    • Show All
    • If can , then get as into it

• @Nyx_85
      She is a very cute maid.

• it's an opportunity

0|1
    0|0
  • My type of costume for Halloween that I wear and stay in bed 😂😂😂

3|3
    0|0
  • I don’t like being slutty for all men to see personally. But they do it for easy attention simple. Most ugly girls do this because there’s no other time they will get attention.

1|4
    0|2
    • I agree it is not justifiable to dress that way, I mean if a girl wants to feel good about herself, dressing half naked is not the solution. If a girl wants to feel good about herself, go outside and protest with other passionate girls about women's rights for example or help at a soup kitchen feeding the homeless. But i'm sorry that's the problem with society today, I'm reading comments from girls about how it's one day out of the year. No, it's not, i've seen thousands of girls dress slutty on Halloween and the following week in November doing the same shit at a club... It's stupid.

• Because it's the one night of the year they can get away with dressing like sluts and hookers. Could be chalked up to thrillseeking or maybe just attention seeking, but no matter what excuse they give it's still pretty disgusting lol.

1|4
    3|1
  • We want other guys attention. We want to feel sexy and powerful. Just like the rest of 364 days throughout the year Whether it be boobs hanging out our shirts, crop tops, short shorts, tight pants, yoga pants, leggings, dresses, skirts, and swim suits we want you to look at us and say omg look at her 😍 taken or single

0|4
    0|0
  • Not a whole lot of other options available at stores tbh.

5|5
    0|0
    • It’s not very respectful and considerate of others to dress like a whore. I don’t want to see a nasty girls ass hanging out. Fuck what they/you want!

• Show All
    • Tbh, the reason there is only slutty stuff in store is because women were made to display themselves to men. That’s what they were put on the earth for. To look good for men.

• @exotictype1 you seem to be confusing your points. Either women are disgusting or they’re made for men to look at. Choose.

• For many of us it’s because it’s the one day of the year we can get away with it without being overwhelmingly judged. Not to mention the medically researched fact of feeling more free with a mask on... we do things we normally wouldn’t do because our identities are hidden. Not to mention society, do you see many Halloween costumes for women for sale that aren’t so revealing?

1|2
    0|0
  • It's the one time of year when you can be sexy without being labeled a slutty piece of shit.

5|4
    0|1
  • i guess i am a big dork as I always dress something stupid like a big pumpkin etc. Well one year, i went as Black Widow, still not that sexy clothing thou.

Those girls just want to be slutty get wasted and get laid. And everybody likes attention. So why not?

2|2
    0|0
    • You have enough self discipline not to stoop to their level lol.

• @Westy616 it’s not about being at a high or low level, neither it’s abou being easy slut or lacking self respect or whatever. People are different. I already attract enough attention even if i wear modestly like everyday. O dont really need to wear revealing clothing to feel free and stuff.

• So you don't have self discipline? I think it plays a little into it. I think more modest clothing is more attractive, but I think it has to do more with the character aspect.

• Generally turning a guy on is the goal, if you can do it in public wearing basically lingerie without getting arrested why not 😂

0|7
    1|1
    • The truth as been spoken 🙄

• Show All
    • So do some girls dress like this just for looking at guys' boners? OK, it's pretty unexpected but interesting explanation, lol :)

• Anyone is afraid to be judged negatively... That's why girls and guys don't get laid enough...

• It's fun to get all dressed up, there's nothing wrong with celebrating the human form too ; )
    I know for me it's kinda funny watching all the boys get turned on and not being able to do anything about it

2|3
    0|2
  • Attention. Plus some girls have a inner slut they only let out through costume but in the end we want attention.. we want to be desired.

3|2
    0|0
  • It gives them an excuse to dress provocative. Yes some guys like it, but I know some guys who like girls to show "a little" and leave the rest to the imagination. Then once they get her then they get "all" of it to themselves.

1|4
    1|0
  • They like to be playful and rebellious. They like to tease the world and feel sexy. There’s nothing wrong with that.

2|5
    0|1
  • Because we can. If it makes you uncomfortable, just don't look

3|0
    0|0
    • Dope answer. No one's getting uncomfortable other than your dad

• Show All
    • I didn't know that having a dick made people cavemen. You're right, I'll never understand what it's like to think it's perfectly fine to force myself into someone. There's a thing I read, "If satan needs permission to enter someone's body, so do you," everyone should keep that in mind

• Every girl can wear whatever she wants of course but she should be careful and avoid potentially dangerous situations. That was my point. Guys shouldn't be assholes. Girls should not be bitches. People should live in peace and have equal rights. Peace, friend ship, bubble gum!

• It's empowering to embrace our sexuality in a society that shames us for it.

6|5
    1|5
    • Thats total BS, can you imagine the shaming a guy would get if he wore booty shorts?

• Show All
    • Oh no one shames you for your sexuality do me a favor

• Women like to dress in sexy costumes because they want to, some want attention from men mostly. They know that the men are going to look at them and think about having sex with them. The woman might not want to have sex with that man, but it sure feels good to tease him. She might just want to dress up sexy to feel better about herself. But, most women like the attention from men.

0|1
    1|0
  • Girls can dress however we choose to. But I personally like to keep it classy-sexy. A lot of these mainstream costumes are definitely very slutty.

1|5
    0|0
    • It’s not very respectful and considerate of others to dress like a whore. I don’t want to see a nasty girls ass hanging out. Fuck what they/you want!

• One day out of the year we actually can dress up “slut like” And people are okay with it

1|8
    0|1
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 229

• More than likely for attention. Plain and simple. Not sure what it is about girls that exposing their bodies=confidence to them, as if this is the only way to gain confidence in life. But my money is still on they enjoy attention rather than it brings"confidence"

0|4
    0|0
  • "In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything" - mean girls

To me, whether a girl dresses like a slut on Oct 31 or Apr 11, makes no difference. She's still dressing like a slut. Not that I'm complaining because I'll still look but my opinion doesn't change just because its Halloween. You chose to dress a certain way.

1|3
    1|0
  • BONER FOR SURE WOW REALLY REALLY SMOKING ASS HOT NOW THINK I'M GONNA GO ABUSE MY COCK AND BALLS just thinking about you and the damage YOU COULD do to my COCK AND BALLS and maybe even put something up my ASS what do you think are you into that do u LIKE ASS PLAY

0|1
    2|0
  • Partly it’s because ‘anything goes’ at Halloween, that’s become a social meme, no?

But mostly, it’s because the costumes include a mask, so often, no one knows who she is. Even friends may make a play, not knowing her identity.. normally, they’d be too inhibited!

0|0
    0|0
  • I love seeing women in their sexy Halloween costumes, the sexier the better. If the girl can pull off the sexy super hero, vampire, french maid... then more power to them.

I always said, "If you got it, flaunt it". You are only young once, enjoy what makes you happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they have no respected for their self. They do it to draw attention to their self. They have a low self-esteem. When people wear clothes for a sexual reason real show how low they are as a human being. Real men and boys are not turn on by them wearing things which apply sex tone. We males get blame that we are looking at them as sexually but see what women and girls do. They see their self as sexually. They downgraded their self when they act like this.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a gentleman, it not always good to wear costumes like that. Costumes showing so much skin on women is not a good sign. when a girl wears a sexy costume, she's sends signal to guys for Halloween sex, twerk dancing, or something that will hurt her in the end.

0|0
    0|0
    • Halloween sex. It's like regular sex... Except you might get "Booomydia".

😂

I crack myself up.

• Also I think you mean "To a gentleman". "As a gentleman" implies he is the one wearing the costume.

• They just whant to act and feel like hoes couse thats what y'all really tryin to be u nasty as bitches probly all dirty and shit saying cuz they used to it or becouse thats what girls do bullshit respect urself no need to act like sluts to get attentionbe responsible be a good example done just do it couse u whant to feel fuckable y'all probly some dirty as females that can dress but can't even act like a woman

0|1
    0|0
  • Ots because Halloween in itself is pagan celebration and many dont know where and how it started and what it was intended for. 2* the. ain question why do they dress to celebrate darkness (the dark side ) and if you know the origin of Halloween you'll know exactly why. And I can tell you it is an evil festival. From Pagan persia time to now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's the one day a year that they feel like they have an excuse, because until they're about thirty, most women feel like they need an excuse to be "slutty". That is only an assumption though. I could be very wrong. I shan't complain though. I love it.

0|0
    0|1
  • Ugh. Halloween has become another hallmark tradition get rich holiday for companies. Where are all the scary costumes and shit? Unless your princess costume comes with blood and an eye hanging out, don't wear a princess dress.
    The adults can be as dressed down as they want 😉

0|0
    0|2
  • I don't know but I really find it lame at this point and in my area they are doing it around kids. I was in midtown over the weekend and a barely dressed catwoman in a thong walked by a mother had to quickly pull her small son away and cover his face. The outfit was really some thing a smutty stripper would wear in a XXX club.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a day people can be whomever they want. Just because they are dressed sexy doesn't mean they want to be a piece of meat or they want to be considered a slut. As men we gotta take a stance that just because a woman is dressed provocative doesn't mean she wants sex.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think part of it is just for the one night to "Let Loose" - Halloween is the one occasion where your inhibitions are lowered and you may decide to act juvenile to prank or a girl may dress that little out of character.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s just their excuse bud.. most of em don’t even what why Halloween..
    it’s rather , today , has become more like slut select party instead of a Halloween party.

1|1
    0|0
  • Some females Lac confidence so in order to regain some of that they dress skimpily and provocative to gain the attention that they desire then again some females just like to dress that way cuz they can

1|0
    0|1
  • Tbh I do not complain, but when I get shouted at for looking then I just want to reply in there face "don't show your bits then you fucking slag if you don't want me looking at your arse or tits" (btw that's in general life)

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they like feeling admired and are addicted to guys liking them and being the center of attention.

That's the pit of feminine vanity and emptiness.

0|0
    0|0
  • First off why can't they? They have just as much right to do what they please just like any of us. And for the guys that it does piss off the only reason you're mad is because you can't have that you're stuck with something else that you don't like and whose fault is that it sure in the fuck ain't the women's fault so shut the fuck up ya whiny fucks grow a pair

0|0
    0|2
    • It was a question about trying to understand the psychology of women ya dumb cunt. No one's whining.

• It's easy, they do this because it's an opportunity to go out in public looking exceptionally sexy without getting ridiculed by their peers. In fact it's exactly the opposite, I'm sure they end up recieving quite a bit of compliments and attention that they otherwise might not get.

0|0
    0|1
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes