Why do girls wear sexy Halloween costumes?

This question isn't to "slut-shame" anyone. I'm merely curious as to why a lot of women like to dress up in very proactive costumes. Surely they know that this will turn a lot of guys on. Why do girls wear sexy Halloween costumes?

142230

Most Helpful Girl

• "Surely they know that this will turn a lot of guys on."

And that right there is the deeper goal honey. I don't care what females say today, they can say I just want to look cute or because I can wear whatever I what, they can wear whatever they they want however they can still look cute without they're ass hanging out. The truth is they chose the sexy somewhat revealing costume cause they want to attract and look sexy and of course appeal to the male gaze or just grab attention.

But it's mostly done to look good for men. Don't let these women lie to you, most the crazy crap we do is to look good for the opposite sex or get some type of compliments from somebody. Like if I chose to my hair and make up right now and nobody said a word, I would be slightly disappointed cause I actually put work, time and effort into my appearance and feel like it was all for nothing.

Most Helpful Guy

• To all the women saying, "because we can" as an actual reason, fuck off. You "can" also dress up as a stick of butter. But I don't see many women doing that. The man asked why you dress the way you want to. He's not asking why you should, he isn't trying to get your panties in a twist. He's a curious guy with a valid question.

Let's provide an example for you. If someone asked me why I dressed up as James Bond this year, I'd say, "because I think a suit makes me look good and in trying to get laid." or if I was dressed up as the clown from It, I would say, "because in trying to win the scary costume contest and this scares people shirtless."

Notice how I provided a explanation. "because I can" is a useless explanation.

• I personally feel that that’s the best explanation. It’s the one night a year that women CAN dress as slutty as possible without being judged for it. We can’t just wear lingerie any day of the year without people judging us.

• Holy shit, this guy gets it!
      Also, I thought Halloween was about pretending to be something you're not.

Truth.

• Notice how only 1 girl liked your comment lol. You are completely right tho.