Why do girls wear sexy Halloween costumes?

This question isn't to "slut-shame" anyone. I'm merely curious as to why a lot of women like to dress up in very proactive costumes. Surely they know that this will turn a lot of guys on. Why do girls wear sexy Halloween costumes?

0|8

Most Helpful Girl

• "Surely they know that this will turn a lot of guys on."

And that right there is the deeper goal honey. I don't care what females say today, they can say I just want to look cute or because I can wear whatever I what, they can wear whatever they they want however they can still look cute without they're ass hanging out. The truth is they chose the sexy somewhat revealing costume cause they want to attract and look sexy and of course appeal to the male gaze or just grab attention.

But it's mostly done to look good for men. Don't let these women lie to you, most the crazy crap we do is to look good for the opposite sex or get some type of compliments from somebody. Like if I chose to my hair and make up right now and nobody said a word, I would be slightly disappointed cause I actually put work, time and effort into my appearance and feel like it was all for nothing.

5|8
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• To all the women saying, "because we can" as an actual reason, fuck off. You "can" also dress up as a stick of butter. But I don't see many women doing that. The man asked why you dress the way you want to. He's not asking why you should, he isn't trying to get your panties in a twist. He's a curious guy with a valid question.

Let's provide an example for you. If someone asked me why I dressed up as James Bond this year, I'd say, "because I think a suit makes me look good and in trying to get laid." or if I was dressed up as the clown from It, I would say, "because in trying to win the scary costume contest and this scares people shirtless."

Notice how I provided a explanation. "because I can" is a useless explanation.

3|13
    1|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I personally feel that thatโ€™s the best explanation. Itโ€™s the one night a year that women CAN dress as slutty as possible without being judged for it. We canโ€™t just wear lingerie any day of the year without people judging us.

• Show All
    • Holy shit, this guy gets it!
      Also, I thought Halloween was about pretending to be something you're not.

Truth.

• Notice how only 1 girl liked your comment lol. You are completely right tho.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 141

• Because we can. If you want we can dress as a bunch of old maids instead.

36|48
    13|25
    • Please?

• Show All
    • If can , then get as into it

• @Nyx_85
      She is a very cute maid.

• My type of costume for Halloween that I wear and stay in bed ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

3|3
    0|0
    • That's terrifying! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

• Exactly! So much horror that I gotta snack on candies instead of giving it away ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• I donโ€™t like being slutty for all men to see personally. But they do it for easy attention simple. Most ugly girls do this because thereโ€™s no other time they will get attention.

1|4
    0|2
    • I agree it is not justifiable to dress that way, I mean if a girl wants to feel good about herself, dressing half naked is not the solution. If a girl wants to feel good about herself, go outside and protest with other passionate girls about women's rights for example or help at a soup kitchen feeding the homeless. But i'm sorry that's the problem with society today, I'm reading comments from girls about how it's one day out of the year. No, it's not, i've seen thousands of girls dress slutty on Halloween and the following week in November doing the same shit at a club... It's stupid.

• Because it's the one night of the year they can get away with dressing like sluts and hookers. Could be chalked up to thrillseeking or maybe just attention seeking, but no matter what excuse they give it's still pretty disgusting lol.

1|4
    3|1
  • We want other guys attention. We want to feel sexy and powerful. Just like the rest of 364 days throughout the year Whether it be boobs hanging out our shirts, crop tops, short shorts, tight pants, yoga pants, leggings, dresses, skirts, and swim suits we want you to look at us and say omg look at her ๐Ÿ˜ taken or single

0|4
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 229

• More than likely for attention. Plain and simple. Not sure what it is about girls that exposing their bodies=confidence to them, as if this is the only way to gain confidence in life. But my money is still on they enjoy attention rather than it brings"confidence"

0|4
    0|0
  • "In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything" - mean girls

To me, whether a girl dresses like a slut on Oct 31 or Apr 11, makes no difference. She's still dressing like a slut. Not that I'm complaining because I'll still look but my opinion doesn't change just because its Halloween. You chose to dress a certain way.

1|3
    1|0
  • BONER FOR SURE WOW REALLY REALLY SMOKING ASS HOT NOW THINK I'M GONNA GO ABUSE MY COCK AND BALLS just thinking about you and the damage YOU COULD do to my COCK AND BALLS and maybe even put something up my ASS what do you think are you into that do u LIKE ASS PLAY

0|1
    2|0
  • Partly itโ€™s because โ€˜anything goesโ€™ at Halloween, thatโ€™s become a social meme, no?

But mostly, itโ€™s because the costumes include a mask, so often, no one knows who she is. Even friends may make a play, not knowing her identity.. normally, theyโ€™d be too inhibited!

0|0
    0|0
  • I love seeing women in their sexy Halloween costumes, the sexier the better. If the girl can pull off the sexy super hero, vampire, french maid... then more power to them.

I always said, "If you got it, flaunt it". You are only young once, enjoy what makes you happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes