How do you feel about guys wearing makeup?

I have no problem with it, guys can do what girls can do, it's just makeup and a way of expressing yourself. Thoughts? How do you feel about guys wearing makeup?

5173

Most Helpful Guys

• In some cases I find it disrespectful, in other cases artistic.

Generally, I find it weird and annoying. It is weird because it's abnormal behaviour and it's annoying because it has an imposing element to it. In being weird there must be some silly thoughts or behaviours associated with it which may arouse suspicion of many things. In being imposing, any attempt to stand out has in it the element of challenge. If I were to wear a MAGA hat among a group of liberals it would be the same.

However, I wouldn't let such things sully my experience of this world. Annoying or not I am generally kind to anyone, as I must be annoying too to somebody. I am more concerned with what is in their head then on their face. Primarily so I can attain useful information and detect threats. If that same person had an interesting mind I wouldn't care.

I also admire talent, so even if I thought the content of their mind was nothing but silly drama, I wouldn't take that out on the artistic expression if it were good. Although, I may be crude in my expectations. I've seeen much better than this picture.

Above all else I would have to champion almost anyone from the likes of the mob. My enemies enemies are my friends and it is collectivists and mob minded people whom take priority in persecution and discrimination. Also, I wouldn't care to infinge on anyones activity that doesn't break the non aggressive principle.

• I don't see how makeup, which is such an insignificant thing would be seen as anoying. It's also not remotely the same as your example. Makeup is a personal thing, self expression, not their to piss of others as you said. It has nothing to do with anyone else. So I don't know how you can compare makeup to political rebellion? Also this is James Charles he's one of the best and most influential makeup artists in the world, go check out his work, there's not a lot of people better than him in the business. But hey, agree to disagree man.

• The simple truth is that most human beings are boxed into a certain way of thinking before any mental independance can be established. The public at large are going to be totallly unable to perform tge tasks we consider to be neccessary humane such as critical thought and objective reasoning. Like, the times we live in are a marvel of bountifulness and we forget that only a 100yrs ago life was relatively hell for most people. Before that it only got worse and worse. We've crawled from out of a time zone where peoples brains were broken beyond concievability. We still have the remnants and fragments of ancient traditions carved into our culture. We are getting better as we technologically evolve but there's still going to be fragments from the past that caused society to corrupt. These people talk in cookie cutter things because they are subjugated to do so. We've removed the bondage of the slaves only to leave them in a world with no direction. Today the asylum is run by the inmates and the old guard has been removed.

It really just comes down to conformity, not just the cliche but psychological conformity, the phenemona were the brain develops mechanisms to persuade the conscious to subordinate itself to subconscious percieved threats. Like, when people see a "real conversation" they don't look at the content, they look for symbols associated to punishable wrong think. When talking about religion, people are often compelled to state it's history involving the murderous nature of the crusades, etc. when in fact you may only be using a religious topic as a tangential point expressing a truth relative to aspects of religion.

• People also defer to sex because sex is reprentational of acceptance. It is also the practice children observe from parents to signify desirability. The meaning and truth of there individual relationships are dismissed and there is only the importance is finding psychological acceptance. One of the reasons is epigenetic in the prevelance of rape during our historical upbring. Where rape among adults, both female and male, were everyday practices onto children and sex was how a child found acceptance away from being a bad child. Another main reason is because of hormonal influence, which is crystalized from these psychological factors.

But generally its the same nature. Its psychological conformity in action. And we seem to be blind as a society to the concept.

But, responding to reigning on your temper and thoughts. Sometimes its good. Sometimes its conformist. Emotions are railways that guide our bodily energy into creative thought. Each emotion having a varying nature of creation. Like, when you are grieving a loved one, your thoughts are so complex and the memories so buried that the only way to access such creative thoughts are to put the entire body into a type of reboot. Each emotion can be good, its normal and good to want to punch an evil doer. Its just that you may be under conformist influence and may only be acting under the alter ego of your own opprrssors.

• As a male cosplayer for a range of things (movie characters, anime characters, game characters etc) I have to generally use quite a lot of makeup to look like those characters as most of them are really that realistic looking. I understand that many people have a negative stance towards guys wearing makeup, I've experienced it myself, but for me personally the support has overwhelmed the negatives and nowadays I don't get too much shit for it anymore. I don't put makeup on a regular basis, only for photoshoots/dance covers, but I don't feel that it's anything that far out of the ordinary anymore.

Most Helpful Girls

• Peeople need to chill, he is James Charles and he is a makeup artist

• He's a makeup artist and he does it own makeup, he's gay but people dont have to be rude about it.

• Nobody cares if people are rude or not! Decisions based on feelings are not progress/unity but division!

To me all of it is funny!

• Many of the daily decisions one makes are based on feelings. Don't whine about it.

• I think it's artistic and I have no problem either guys wearing it, but I will say that I don't find it overly attractive and wouldn't date someone who wore it.

• Couldn't date a man who wears makeup?

• I don't think perfection exists, and yes. I don't like makeup on guys so pass.

• Perfection does exist if you accept someone's flaws and imperfections. Agree to disagree then, I just don't think for me personally something as insignificant as makeup would throw me off someone. 😊