No, Girls Do Not Like Jerks/A**holes

No, girls do not like jerks/assholes

Let me say this for all of the nice guys out there who are thinking about becoming one of the coveted sexy jerks- being an asshole does not work as advertised.

Not if you're actually an asshole, anyways.

Examples;

Girl put her leg around me during a movie, then later that night told me about her several past partners.

I told her she sounds like she would screw anything with a pulse.

She threw a lamp at me.

Not attracted.

Girls see me big-dick my way to a position of power in class/work.

Everyone respects me and does as I ask.

Girls are too intimidated to approach me, or see me as a superior.

Not attracted.

Maybe attract a girl who is really interested in an asshole (rare).

I relax and treat her as an equal.

She gets bored and leaves.

Not attracted.

Women tend to go for average men, and sometimes they are vaguely asshole flavored men, but very rarely will they go for a real asshole.

And those who STAY with an asshole (someone who abuses them for instance) are usually hoping the nice guy flavor they tasted at the start will come back somehow.

I can't really change that much of who I am. Speaking my mind and not letting people step on me is just my personality.

It is good to learn these things, but I am writing this to tell you prospective jerks that being pure ass isn't all it's cracked up to be.

717

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like assholes, i like men with confidence, but not assholes

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry to break it to you, but studies have shown over and over again that women DO like jerks/assholes, and science has proven it out and given us the actual reasons behind that very real female behavior.

Women are very attracted to men who display the so called Dark Triad personality traits of narcissism, psychopathy, and Machiavellism. It has always been true and it always will.

www.psychologytoday.com/.../why-do-women-fall-bad-boys

• Seems to make sense for those with low self worth. Those are usually the women you see with such unpleasant partners.

• That seems weird. I’m a really empathetic person so when I see someone being mean it doesn’t attract me at all but upsets me

• I don't know anything about the studies you're quoting, but I am something of a jerk... and i used to be an even bigger one. I didn't have many friends, except for other assholes (who make bad friends btw), and it never helped with the ladies. I was just seen as immature and insecure, both of which were true

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 6

• I don't like assholes, but some women do. It's the bad boy thing that gets them excited - women are attracted to men that are confident, assertive and intimidating.

I used to be attracted to a guy like that, until I saw how horribly he treats girls.

• I don't like guys who are assholes.
    But, I find myself attracted to douche bags.
    When they don't answer me, blow me off, or something like that, it makes me more attracted to them and I hate it. No, I don't LOVE them. I don't LIKE them. But I am attracted to them.
    So, if you wanna bang someone, be an asshole.
    If you want a real relationship, be a good person.

• What a very unique and opinionated guy you are. I hope the girls that you are after will see you for your wit and intelligence as I do!😉

• Girls like bad boys/whatever because they ooze confidence. Nice guys are too shy to even approach or are too insecure.
    Girls don't like it.

• Lmao you sound awesome

• While I disagree in general, I have to point out that ALL women do not like asshole. BUT far too many do! It is a tragedy because almost all of them end up miserable. Dejected, abused, humiliated, bewildered and MISERABLE! I don't understand it myself because I can detect that phony "alpha" super-extrovert bullshit artist a mile away. Many girls can but I'm afraid the majority either can't or just have that weird attraction to the phonies. REAL confidence does not have to be advertised. In my opinion the most rugged, masculine, macho and leadership material guys are among the quietest. These low key guys are usually written off by women who assume they aren't interested which is a tragedy for both.

Let me repeat myself Real (authentic) confidence IS RARELY ADVERTISED. Because truly confident men don't need to put on a show in order to be attractive. THey figure if the girl is too stupid to understand this, then they are not even worth a hello. It actually is possible to be confident in life and still be stand-offish with girls. That's more common than not. Why do you think there are so many unhappy women in the world. Because THEY MISTAKE CONFIDENCE FOR JERKS!

What Guys Said 16

• You don't need to be an asshole. She just needs to understand that even when you don't show it you're still in charge. My girlfriend knows that. I've said things that were minimal to me and yet hurt her soul a little. Not intential. Just like you said speaking my mind when necessary.

• Women date assholes/jerks/narcissistic /emotionally abusive guys.

Nice guys get friendzoned or dumped or cheated on.

• Inserts picture of leather biker jacket to personify the "asshole" guy, what a 1950's cliche! Much as I wish it were still true!

The ASSHOLES I see now are a bunch of skinny jeaned, quiff-backed haired, waxed chested emasculated shitheads that think being walking dildos for "bisches" that don't respect them = "Alpha"...

A leather clad motorcyclist these days is a rare thing, among young peeps anyway. And these guys normally aren't assholes, they just happen to have a little T floating in their bloodstreams... Unlike the modern emasculated saps that millennials are (speaking as one myself...)

• Girls like assholes and emotionally/physically abusive guys and even criminals. Sorry buddy that's the truth. Nice guys finish last.

• Average people receive average results and since partnership is the average result are you suggesting I should just be average? Because I am infinitely behind that shit.

• Average with a few quirks.
      Approach rate has the most to do with getting a partner. Keeping them is the part where personality comes in to play.

• Sounds difficult. I give up.

• Girls don't like jerks they like guys that have confidence...

• Yes they do

• Could've fooled me

• Yes, they do.

• *cringe*

• Good take.

• In general, Women are not sexually attracted to

anyone of any gender, but if an emotional connection is formed with someone else, they may

experience sexual attraction towards the specific partner (s)

• Girls love jerks and assholes.

• 1) Yes they do like a$$holes, what fu (king planet r u living on. Open your eyes and look around. 2) you must do quite well with them because YOUR clearly are one. 3) Ask any shy guy who had the prunes to wake up and be an a$$hole. You can bet their getting more ass than a toilet. 4) Have you bothered to notice who ( I mean WHAT) is in the White house and the tens of millions of women who voted for him even as he continues to insult and debase them on a daily basis. The air must be pretty thin in your world. Women adore douchebags. That is a well documented fact!!!

• They might not like assholes, but I do.
    69 is the only position that gets me ready for her because every woman has a special pheromone smell.

• YES THEY DO LIKE ASS HOLES
    THE HUMAN RACE IS ATTRACTED TO SIN

EVEN MEN