1 mo

Attracted to a coworker. was he trying to get me to make a first move?

He’s only a couple years older than me and we’ve worked together for quite a while. He’s a manager but he’s super cute, easy to talk to, and pretty funny. I know I’m not the only girl there who probably thinks that but I’ve crushed on him since I first started work there. Things have always been chill between us, just casual convos and smiles in passing. He would have no issues joking around and teasing a bit. Another manager one time asked me why he always seemed to tease me so much but I obviously didn’t know and didn’t really think too much about it. After almost a year of working together, he suddenly becomes extra chatty with me, smiling around me more, laughing hard at things I would say and telling me I’m funny. I still took it as just friendly so I didn’t really think too hard about it, again. I didn’t start thinking twice about anything until he started talking himself up around me and his job position, like he was trying to show off.

Next I see him I decide to test it and I talk to him first, which I never do, and he gets all smiley again, and starts giving me these cute little playful looks and eyes. The next day, he comes up behind me while I’m working and no one’s paying attention to lean in and give me a little smirk, the looks just sneaky in nature. I hadn’t done anything to warrant the changed behavior like flirting first or anything like that. He’s certainly not allowed to start anything with lower levels so why was he behaving this way with me? Was he trying to get me to make a first move?
Post Opinion