Sugar Buns- Bakery Cafe

Hello Gagers! I'm sooo excited to share my first EVERRR MyReview with you all!

I look forward to writing more of these for you guys while being on GaG :)

What you can expect from Mooky06's MyReviews?

I'd be going through 7 key eliminates when visiting a venue/event. Now these 7 key eliminates will cling to me and my "MyReviews" to provide you all with heaps of information (hopefully it'll give you a lot of insight on all the places i'll go to in Melbourne).

Now if there's a place that you'd like me to have a little looksy into, let me know in the comments below and i'll select some to write about for my next MyReview.. Granted that it's in Melbourne Australia you guys :') haha

The 7 key eliminates

-Atmosphere

-The Food

-Service

-Price

-Positives

-Negatives

-Overall Experience

I'd like everyone to know that everything in my MyReviews are genuine (the pictures that have the copyright symbol on it IS mine). They'll be a couple of photos that haven't got the copyright symbol on it, those will only be used for "add ons" :)

Since we've gone through the introduction and all that boring stuff, we can finally get into the fun stuff haha!

MOOKY06'S SUGAR BUNS BAKERY CAFE MYREVIEW

Sugar Buns- Bakery Cafe

Sugar Buns is pretty awesome in my books. I've been here probably around 4 times (maybe even more) within this year. I thought it'll be fun to make this my first Review on Gag :) I think the reason why i keep going back is 1. the over the top milkshakes, 2. the food and 3. the service (which makes sense right? it's what you want to experience when going out to eat) :P

This place is nestled inside a shopping centre which sits in an average suburb. Hidden gems like these are often found in odd places. Found this place using a food app haha thought i'd give it a go according to other reviews. It's become a very popular hot spot as of recently.

The Atmosphere-

Where modern meets comfort and eclectic. Sugar bun features three lovely seating areas, an outdoor dining area, the main entrance area and then seating behind the main entrance/kitchen area (that's where all the magic happens). It's quite busy here if you go on the weekends. The place is absolutely bustling. The music is often loud and upbeat, which manages to find its way through people's conversations about their life (in general). The decor is modern with crisp and clean lines/colours.

The Food-

It's amazing, if i haven't made myself clear about the food, it's AMAZEBALLS! haha

Everything is (yes) instagram worthy. A lot of foodies will flock to this place to mostly try the milkshakes they have on offer (of course accompanied with other amazing breakfast and lunch cuisines). The food is fresh, full of flavour and vibrant. It's like putting a modern twist on a traditional classic :)

The Main menu (It's been recently changed) they use to have these small A4 menus (double sided) that were worn out and difficult to comprehend (since some of the writing had been worn off). I think the Menu now is perfect.

Sugar Buns- Bakery Cafe

Milkshakes/drinks menu

Sugar Buns- Bakery Cafe

Carbonara Pappardelle- bacon cooked two ways, mushrooms, creamy sauce with a lovely poached egg

Sugar Buns- Bakery Cafe

A very simple yet delicious cheeseburger

Sugar Buns- Bakery Cafe

Our benedict- Homemade hash brown, bacon, egg, hollandaise sauce on lovely toasted bread (which was burnt on the edges lol)

Sugar Buns- Bakery Cafe

Salt and Pepper Calamari Salad- This was light and refreshing

Sugar Buns- Bakery Cafe

A bowl of wedges *drools* wedges are my favourite starter to have in any restaurant. I pretty much always order this

Sugar Buns- Bakery Cafe

A "baby" chocolate milkshake

Sugar Buns- Bakery Cafe

A "baby" lolly milkshake

Sugar Buns- Bakery Cafe

The Service-

There's heaps of staff here. Everyone plays a part in this restaurant. The front line staff are very welcoming, friendly and professional. They're very attentive and eager to make your visit pleasant, which I find very lovely.

The Price-

I feel like the price here is very reasonable. I feel like Sugar Buns can possibly charge more for their meals. It's often hard to increase price when you're sitting in an average suburb. Limbs off a shopping centre.

Positives-

The food, service, milkshakes, atmosphere, eat in or take out option

Negatives-

Opening hours (7am-5pm), location, the lack of space/layout (mostly the internal structure), which i can be lenient on. Being inside a shopping centre limits the space and layout of the restaurant, which is understandable.. but it still sucks. Privacy.. there's just people in general doing their grocery shopping that like to have a little peek. I think it would be nice to have a screen (if possible) to solve that issue.

Sugar Buns- Bakery Cafe

Overall Experience-

Overall I find Sugar buns a wonderful bakery cafe/restaurant. I've always have had an enjoyable experience when I do visit the place. Good food, polite and friendly staff, and it's only 25 minutes away from me :P What more can i ask for?!?! hehe

..and that brings me to the end of my first MyReview! I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as i've enjoyed writing it :) I sure hope that there will be many more of these reviews in the near future :)

Thank you for reading!

312
mooky06 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• I imagine the owner being called the sugar daddy 🤣🤣!!! I just wanna go in an say “gimme some SUGAR” and see if that’s a menu item lol.

This take is SWEEET!!! You did work with this mooky!! You didn’t SUGARCOAT it or anything 🤣🤣. (I’m sorry, I can’t help the puns)

Full on customer experience style review. Nice!!!

The space is atrocious! Would loathe eating in haha. To bunched up😤!!! Looks nice and upscale though.

The food looks amzing!!! Kudos on pics taken, absolute food porn.

And wth is going on with those milkshakes... the Lolly top looks like a hair ball situation a unicorn coughed up 😮. However though I’m a milkshake maniac so, count me in on trying em haha.

This is great, enjoyed the review. Looking forward to more of what down under has to offer yeah :).

Most Helpful Girl

• I want to try that carbonara 😍 and those freak shakes looks amazing. Thanks for your review.. wish I could go I’m only on the other side of the world!

• That’s only the “baby” shake 🙊 you should see the mega ones (they’re jumbo size) 😬 and thank you

• I can't believe they're classed as small! they look huge lol.

• haha i know right 😂 they could probably past for a regular one

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 11

• Nice review, to bad they don’t have that here in the US , I’ll have to find something for you to check out in Melbourne next if I see something that comes up on the food network with Andrew Zimmerman when he visits there

• Good write up. if you want a great place to do one on. Go to Two Fat Indians in Richmond or do one on the brilliant Yum Cha at Gold leaf in Springvale. Even Moodys in Pearcedale is very good

• Thanks :) i’ve tried yum cha in springvale. It wasn’t to bad actually. But you have some great ideas, i’d look into it

• hehe wow! sounds like next review is springvale :)

• Springvale is one of Melbourne's hidden treasures. after they cleaned it up it is brilliant

• I think the one thing that is interesting about a Review of a place is that the value of such is to allow people to visit it. You never actually stated where it is.

• Can't wait till you do a review of both London and Sri Lanka

• hate to be that guy but sure you don't mean element opposed to eliminates?

• You are a big foodie addict, aren't you?

Nice Review by the way

• yummy lookin food!

Sugar buns sounds like a pet name couples give each other though lol

• BHAHAHA XD

Like sweetpea? Sugar plum? Snookemy snookums :P I think it's sweet XD (pun intended)

• I would never eat or step foot in any "Sugar Buns" location due to the fact a very good friend of mine went there and he said the food was average and on his way out he had to use the Men's room and when he opened the door to the Men's room he said it was a good thing he looked down as someone had crapped severe diarrhea all over the floor and left it there and he was afraid if he did not see it he could have slipped and fell in it and got seriously injured for sure.

No thank you as I will pass on going to any "Sugar Buns" places ever as who knows what you might find in the restrooms!!!

• Nice name for a bakery! That's one way to sexually harass all women at once, And get paid for it.

• how the hell are you skinny mookster! ?

• all the best mooky :)

What Girls Said 2