Potatoes Potatoes Potatoes

Potatoes
Potatoes

Today, I'm going to talk about potatoes. Potato facts potato dishes potato dankness, basically everything I can tell you about them. So, let's talk about potatoes.

Hey, by the way did you know: The potato is a starchy, tuberous crop from the perennial nightshade Solanum tuberosum

Wanna learn a new dish? Try a dish called Chorizo Queso Potato Skins (If you wanna learn how to make it click here https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/a47660/chorizo-queso-potato-skins-recipe/ )

From the website
From the website

Anyway I've never had this dish myself but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it out!

Also, did you know: The potato is about 80% water and 20% solids

If you are deciding on making sides for ANYTHING potatoes are always a good way to go! There are a few sides that aren't french fries or mashed potatoes:

Hash browns

Potato pankcakes

Potatoes Au Gratin

and

Scalloped potatoes

Potato pagent prodigy
Potato pagent prodigy

Oh and potatoes are sometimes called spuds

Did you also know China produces the most potatoes in the world? Damn China

Now that we know the thing about spuds and what not, I'm gonna call it that for this next dish which is!!!!!!!!!

Cheesy Bacon Ranch Roasted Spuds!!!!! Oh I mean Potatoes... Now, I know this isn't a fancy dish but it's still delicious as hell. (If you also want to know how to make this dish click here https://www.cookingclassy.com/cheesy-bacon-ranch-roasted-potatoes/ )

I'm legitamitley getting hungry making this

HEY you...

Why did the baseball loving potato want to be when he grew up?

Heh

A sports commen-tater K E K

I'm sorry I had to throw in a joke or two, moving on

Did you know: Potatoes were first cultivated around 8,00 B.C. to 5,000 B.C.

And another thing?

French Fries were introduced to the U.S. when Thomas Jefferson served them in the White House during his Presidency of 1801-1809. Collinet, chef for French King Louis Phillipe (reign 1830-1848) unintentionally created soufflés (or puffed) potatoes by plunging already fried potatoes into extremely hot oil(Fact from potatosusa.com) Honestly I wonder how long it'd take for someone to make french fries if someone didn't accidently fuck it up. Something to think about I'd assume.

But now that we are reaching the end, you up for one more dish?

This tie it'll be Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup! (You can find this dish here https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/fully-loaded-baked-potato-soup-recipe-3381409 )

Cheese. Potato. Cheese. Potato.
Cheese. Potato. Cheese. Potato.

My aunt always used to make soup for me when I was sick but this is a whole new step

Maybe not the healthiest soup but definietly one of the best.

Why did the potato cross the road?

Because they are sexy little monsters

no but really : He saw a fork up ahead

And while we are here did you know that: Research suggests that diets rich in potassium and low in sodium reduce the risk of hypertension and stroke.(Fact from farmfreshdirect.com)

There's your excuse to eat more spuds ;)

This has been a wonderous and interesting journey, thank you for spending alittle time to learn about potatoes with me, with your host, Just a potato.

For some odd reason I really like this
For some odd reason I really like this

420

Most Helpful Guy

• I was directed to here by a bully who mocks me for my heritage because of the racist stereotype that Latvians are obsessed with potatoes.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 19

• You probably won't believe it but once you eat home grown potatoes from virgin soil (farmed very little) you won't want any from the store. The flavor is unbelievable. I get many requests for them.

Great take by the way.

• Nice! I need to say something about potatoes too.

Potatoes Potatoes Potatoes, Potatoes Potatoes Potatoes. Potatoes Potatoes Potatoes? Potatoes!
    Potatoes Potatoes Potatoes
    Potatoes Potatoes Potatoes.

• Cheesy bacon potato skins are a delicacy in Britain.
    As well as croquettes and hash browns

• Great take! Cute and quite humorous. I will have to try that first potato recipe.

• 5d

I AM SUPRISED THAT YOU WOULD SHOW SO MUCH POTATO!! This is so racy... Wow ok :) and I love those dishes I would each them all day!! I love potatoes! But I would not eat you, you are too precious

• also did you know potatoes have all the vitamins and minerals your body needs? you could live off eating just potatoes for a VERY LONG TIME!

• How many potatoes does it take to kill an Irishman?

• Nice things about a potato thank you for sharing this

• Potato.

• In Kenya the term for potato is "VIAZI"

• PoTATOE!!!

• Interesting myTake

• Potato girl

• I like potatoes

• I just love potatoes

• all the more reasons to LOVE potatoes

• Too many carbs. Ew.

• For Jehovah God is a suna and a shield;b
    He gives favor and glory.
    Jehovah will not hold back anything good
    From those walking in integrity. c

• My girlfriend is a potato

What Girls Said 4

• Potatoes are awesome. I usually like to cook a Spanish omelette when I buy potatoes, I should try new recipes I guess, I really like the first one 👀

• Mmm. Tortilla de patatas...

• @dantetheexplorer Nah, I do use onions in many recipes almost everyday I have to chop onion and cry and my flatmate always complains I spoil dishes with onions, as she hates them. But even she admits onions give Spanish omelette a special taste that makes it better

• *high fives*
      Welcome to the tortilla de patatas with onions Team.
      Here's your lifelong membership card. 😁

• I tried to grow a potato one time and I forgot to water it and it died

• Love it, potatoes are life

• Good take