Ben & Jerry's vs. Haagen-Dazs: Which is better & why?

Out of these 2 brands which

1) do you prefer and why?
2) believe is the superior product objectively?
3) What is your favourite flavour? detailed answers are appreciated

2028

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Haagen-Dazs is more of a elite ice cream you know like the gourmet of the ice creams kind of.

So I think it's probably the better one

What Girls Said 19

• Häagen-Dazs is a much better quality ice -cream, Ben & Jerry's ice-cream leaves an awful coating in the mouth

• Never even heard of the first. And the second is 5 times the price of ANY other icecream I've ever seen and a third of the size.

Not only is it horrifyingly expensive and lacking in size, its incredibly rich, too sweet, too thick, too creamy. Its horrible.

I think Ill stick with my Coles homebrand 2 dollar 2 litre bucket.

• Häagen Dazs, I never tried Ben and Jerries don't like the flavours.

I have only eaten commercial icecream 5 times in my life.

I make my own ice cream with my own flavours :-) ♥ I dislike shop icecreams

• Häagen Dazs!

• Haagan-Dazs tastes better to me. Richer and more creamy.

But, they don't have the array of flavors that I prefer like Ben & Jerry's.

• They don't sell Häagen-Dazs in Finland and Ben & Jerry's is a bit too heavy for me. I prefer Finnish products made from Finnish milk.

• I only eat either of them if I'm treating myself because they're both ridiculously expensive for ice cream. And if I want something caramel flavored, then I go Häagen-Dazs. I only do Ben and Jerry's if there's a specific kind I want to try. But lately I've been eating Talenti.

• Ice cream is ice cream, so i don't care which one it is.. as long as it has caramel or chocolate chip cookie then I'll eat it.

• Never had these brands.

• I've never tried Ben and jerry's :( I really want to.

• No real flavor preference for either... Haagen dazs goes on sale more than b&j's, so i get that. The limoncello gelato i do like though, as well as the coconut pineapple.

• Hagen Dazs!

• I only had Ben and Jerrys and I love it! My favorite flavor is the strawberry cheesecake because of the frozen strawberry bits with the graham cracker swirls😛

• tried it, its nice but don't get the hype, people go mad for it

• the flavor or Ben and jerrys in general? I do love it but my ultimate favorite is frozen custard from a place called Rita's. Their cotton candy flavor was my childhood

• I haven't had ice cream in years, but Ben and Jerry's cookie dough = perfection.

• Never heard or seen either of those.

• We don't have these brands in South Africa 😔 But both of them look yummy !

• Neither. Too expensive for what little you get. I think only rich people eat them.

• I've only had Ben & Jerry's once and I haven't heard of the other brand.

• neither

What Guys Said 27

• definitely prefer haagen daz. i think it just generally tastes superior. more rich, more flavor and at least feels more natural to me

i love pretty much anything haagen daz makes but especially like their cookie dough, rocky road and mango ice creams

• I have not eaten ice cream in several years and I'm not sure that I have ever eaten Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. My experience with premium brands like these is that the quality may be slightly better than good mid-priced brands, but the difference does not justify the price differential.

• B&J started going on liberal crusades 20 years ago and I stopped buying their products. Not sure why people think they should inject their personal politics into their food brand, but, eh, their loss. And I'm not sure I've ever had Haagen-Dazs.

• I only really have ice cream from Amorino these days, but Haagen Dazs out of those two.

B&J I find not creamy at all, more like frozen milk

Fav flavour is either strawberries and cream OR mint and chocolate.

• I've never had either 😱😱😱.
    I've been wanting to try them out though

• Both are way overpriced condsidering they're really not all that special. Don't think i've has either in a long time, though from what I remember I'd give Ben & Jerry's the edge.

• I don't eat either one of them them that much, but I guess I'll go with Ben & Jerry's. I like their flip sales approach.

• Never heard of either.

• Ben & Jerry's is the best but Haagen-Dazs chocolate chocolate chip beats them all

• I will never understand how anyone can enjoy ice cream with hard objects in it. It should be ice cream with no extra bits.

• I usually fuck with Häagen-Dazs because I love all their caramel flavors like the one you linked.

• I've only tasted Häagen dazs

• Ben & Jerry's is the better choice here!

• Sorry, I'm a Dreyer's fan. :)
    Rocky Road!

• Both are too expensive

• Have no idea.

• I'm not allowed to eat ice cream. But since I have a cold today, I might just indulge.

• not a fan of either tbh. Haagen is too pricey. never tried ben and jerry

• never tried Haagen-Dazs

• Ben & Jerry's all the way. Haagen-Daz is putrid.

• Haven't eaten any of them...

• I prefer Ben and jerry's, but I can't stand their political stance.

• Neither, it's never worth paying that much for a brand name.

• ain't had either. We eat blue bell at my house. Cookies and cream for life!!

• Ben n Jerry's when I just can't even...

• Häagen-Dazs. Unlike Ben&Jerrys, it actually tastes like ice cream, not like frozen vomit.

• BJ's because they've so many flavours, the frozen yoghurt is bling aswell
    But HaagenDazs pralines and cream is a fucking dream, love it