She is Clingy and Now I am Falling in Love With Her

I am dating a girl who is clingy. Messages me all day via text or whatsapp.

She is sexy and attractive, so believe it or not, I was NOT annoyed by her messaging so much. And she was intense about it too. Asking a lot of deep questions and stuff.

It didn't annoy me.

The reason why I was turned off by it was because the constant messaging made me suspicious of her. Is she a psycho chic? Is she a stalker? What are her attentions to be so obsessed with me? Is she trying to manipulate me?

Over time I have come to realize that this is just who she is. I have started to realize that she may be crazy in love but she is not psychotic. And I have come to realize that she isn't toying with me as her obsession, it is just a genuine head over heels crazy affection for me.

So I have finally gotten to the point where I actually kind of like her clingy nature. It turns me on. And when she doesn't message me...I miss her.

7
23

Most Helpful Guys

• CaptainOverthink
    I understand the suspicion.
    I think many who find themselves taken away quickly by strong longing and emotion are struggling with this as well. They want to trade attention and affection but know it might throw people off. So they hold back.

Then there's spontaineous people, who might not think too much on it but just does what they want, because they are used to being themselves more.

And then those, who wisely choose to be themselves even if they might stir things up. Because they know it's best not to try and cover up their nature, else they might not get what they actually want.. a genuine experience.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Soremain
    That's not surprising. A lot of guys like clingy girls, especially clingy guys, because they don't have to be the clingy ones, she does it for both of you. Being clingy is much more unattractive quality in a guy, because that indicates insecurity. Insecure person cannot be the dominant/masculine one, but it works well for the submissive/feminine one. In fact if the woman is insecure, it automatically makes the man more confident and dominant compared to her. So all in all being clingy/insecure works for girls, but not for guys.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• iseekpinetrees
    Thats not a good habit. I hope u can work and not text her and she's fine. Otherwise if she's constantly texting u and ur not able to have a few hrs or more of alone time she texts you as a way to constantly know what's going on its a control thing. And is a huge red flag for trust issues. So if u have t tried it already do 8 hrs without talk to her say ur working.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Apope16

Yes. So far she has been sending me pictures from her trip to Mexico. But she seems to be holding back as much as she can if I dont reply right away. But I replied just now (3pm) from a text she sent last night. She messaged me a picture just seconds after I replied. Then sent me another one after that.

Basically she is like a lioness waiting to pounce at any reply I send her.

• Okay

• Anonymous
    No man she loves you. I also give so much attention to my boyfriend since i am deeply in love with him. It is like you can't get enough of your partner.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Apope16

Really? Damn. How much attention? Tell me more.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

521
  • MrNameless
    Clingy is generally not a good thing down the line. Everyone needs some breathing room and space.

Be wary down the line when you get more serious and if she tries to get you to spend farmore time with her and less with your immediate family or friends.
  • Guffrus
    This entire idea of 'that person might be a psycho' is over rated.

So what if they are?

There are psychopaths all around you every single day of your life where ever you go and whatever you do.

Also, you are probably as mad as a box of frogs yourself, so..
  • Jamie05rhs
    That's awsome, man. It sounds like you've found a good one there. I hope y'all work it out.

And I hope you're truly ready for her. Do you feel like you're ready? Can you be the man that she needs?
  • slatyb
    She's only clingy if she becomes upset of you don't respond immediately. I would be concerned that she has nothing else going on in her life and is trying to borrow yours.
  • Keyboardkat
    It's amazing to fall in love with someone who already loves you. And you'll make her so happy! Best of luck to you both!
  • Luvme66
    Is this you saying this... I am happy for you bruh! And one more thing... if things work out and you find yourself in love... don't let go off of that feeling :)
  • anewme
    Same. but it was a solider chick... pics several times a day... always cheering me on.. it got creepy like she wanted to take over my soul... I blocked her a few times to space it out... its online and I felt creeped... asking 1000 questions
  • bamesjond0069
    Clingy isn't bad if you like the girl. If you can't stand a girl calling or texting you, why would you want to be with her?
  • Clarke498
    So... The problem is that a good chick really likes you? Tough break
  • Synikal
    Nah, she's genuinely interested in you. Once you're past the honeymoon phase and you both are still into each other, she's a keeper.
  • Twalli
    My girlfriend is much the same way. Her phone is broken so she can't text and it's hard for me.
  • Think before you fuck
    • Apope16

We already have been doing that from date #1 bro

• Nottoxic
    Good for you, I am very happy for you ☺️👍.
  • whatiflifewasmore
    This is so cute. All the best for you guys!
  • Gwenhwyfar
    Happy for you
  • Alyssa11
    How cute :(
  • hahahmm
    Love bombing. She will nuke you soon. Beware.
    • Apope16

haha. thanks for the advice. i will be vigilant.

• LadyAlfr
    Happy for you❀
  • Nina12346
    least you're dating. XD
  • loveslongnails
    So is there a question here?
  • DiegoO
    Be careful buddy.
  • Gedaria
    Yes it happens..
  • S5ARR0W
    I love clingy girl too
  • PrinceNeo
    Poggers bro
  • ALewis30
    Congrats on having a girlfriend.
  • Anonymous
    Sounds good so far - good luck!!