Home Chats 1 mo

Why being happy is the most important thing in life

Needtovent

I am 32 and only really just coming to terms with the fact that as a woman, my weight and how I look really is secondary to my happiness.

I spent a great deal of my 20’s feeling a bit unloveable and ultimately that led me to pick bad men and end up in a relationship with a narcissistic man. My weight plummeted during that time and for my height (5”10) I was very underweight.

When I look back, I realise I was so stressed out that this is actually what kept the weight off. I lived in constant fear of losing something that actually wasn’t worth having. The thing that was worth having, my sense of self, independence and individuality.

When I eventually came to my senses (I was a bit late with this and it took me until my 30’s) I realised that the only thing that really matters is being happy. Since those photos were taken some four years ago, I have put on about a stone and a half in weight. But the thing is...I have never been happier.

Life can sometimes feel like a range of extremes...whether that is weight or something completely different. What I’ve learnt is that it’s not always the thing that you think will make you happy that does. Sometimes life can surprise you.

I’ve never done a mytake before and I know that they’re supposed to be a bit longer but! I was feeling reflective and wanted to share 😊

4
2

Most Helpful Guys

• hello_kitty_man
    You know that if you look at your life and the rest of the world in a positive way every day, and every situation look for the positivity you will be feeling positive. The the positive vibes will surround you no matter what shite storm is going on around you.

。◕‿◕。
    Is this still revelant?
    • Needtovent

Couldn’t agree more! It’s all about perspective

• TheUniqueOne96
    Well said, I've said it before too 'There's no better feeling in life than happiness' and it should have an influence on every major decision you make in life.

I'm glad you're in a much better position than you were before, well done.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• Good for you! I'm happy you've found happiness! <3
    Is this still revelant?
  • Gwenhwyfar
    Agreed!!!
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

02
  • exitseven
    I am happy that you are doing so well. You look great.
  • MrJMM
    I wouldn't know how to be happy because I literally have no idea how it feels like.