Do you respect girls who post pictures in bikinis or tiny outfits on social media?

Would you want a girlfriend who did that?

106372

Most Helpful Guy

• There's nothing to respect or disrespect about that. I would only find it problematic if it's habitual and it makes up the majority of their social media postings. But the occasional bikini shot is all well.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 371

• My basis for respect is what kind of a person is she? Is she nice? Does she speak kindly to people? Is she helpful? Those would determine if I respect her. What pictures she posts of herself would not determine if I respect (or dis-respect) her.

• No. literally anyone can see things posted on the internet and a woman should treasure her body and hold herself to higher standards. The only thing those pictures do is invite other men to lust after them. Women love that attention, but its all negative and temporary. Post a hobby, an achievement or something you're proud of. The intricacies of your body are for your partner and yourself, no one else.

• she can post half naked pics and still be a virgin until marriage, while she can post pics with non-revealing outfits and sleep with all the boys in town.

• so basically you can't judge a person only because of pics on social media

• I don't look down on them if that's what you mean. To me respect is something earned, but courtesy is freely given. Like I won't respect a guy just because he hasn't done something to earn my disrespect. He has to earn it one way or the other. It can be a simple as being a clear hardworker. Because hardwork is something I respect in a person. If a girl is a model for example and she's a successful model on instagram and she's using it to build a business. I respect the hell out of that. But if she's just some girl posting semi nudes online on the regular, I don't respect that. I think it's a poor decision, but I don't respect it. I just don't look down on her either tho.

Like this fitness model Haley Jade or Nicole Mejia on instagram. Respect both of them. They post/posted a lot of somewhat skimpy photos in the past. But they're also high quality photo shoots that they used specifically to build a fitness business. That's respectable.

• Like the kind of stuff an instagram model posts?

No, I probably wouldn't want a girlfriend like that.

• This is my Personal opinion on that matter.

Your body is special to you, whenever you share it with someone else, it means you are sharing something special with someone you love, that is restricted and isn't put on display for everyone else, that is something unique.

Do you know how prostitutes work? They lure you in with some skin and revealing clothes, they put their body on display.

Someone who puts their body on display like that, isn't unique at all.

In short no, I do not want a girlfriend like that.

• people can do what they want, i personally am not attracted to attention seekers though

• A lot of girls think that if a guy is paying attention to them, it always means he's attracted to them.

• Yeah probably, the guys who will only use them for sex and ghost right after.

• correct ๐Ÿ˜‚

• I think its kind of slutty if you do it in a relationship but if you're single its still slutty, but less-so. Same with dudes but in stead of being slutty its fuckboy-ish. Its their account though so its whatever.

• My wife should be a princess. Would a princess do that?

• This answer though ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป

• @MimoFino This answer made me smile :)

• Firstly, I have a baseline level of respect for all people, unless you do something to really mess that up (I think only two people I know have done that). Second, I base my respect for a person on how they treat me, how they treat others, and their personality in general. Photos on social media do very little to influence my opinion, and the only way what a girl is wearing would make me think less of her is if it promotes violence, is sexist, racist, homophobic, or otherwise hateful.

• Wellโ€‹ it's more than a respect thing.
    Um... how would i put it?
    you see males are in Constant competition with each other consciously or subconsciously to win a girl's heart.
    And after they do, they feel so protective over that girl and loves her a lot.
    So if she posts anything like that, then well, we get kinda jealous , because he feels that yourโ€‹ body is only for him to see it and not for all the guys out there. And so, he gets a bit jealous.
    EVEN IF A GUY SAYS HE ISN'T, TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU. ALL GUYS GET JEALOUS WHEN SOMEONE HE LOVES IS TALKING TO ANOTHER GUY OR MAKING PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH ANOTHER GUY AND POSTING STUFF ONLINE.

This is coz mostly we feel threatened due to the fear of loosing you to their competition (ie the other guys).

• Tbh I dislike it and she can't be of my type. Respect then the answer is yes as it is their own life and they can do whatever they want to do. None of my business.

• Okay I do get your point :)

• I said that the girl who is posting such pictures can not be my girlfriend and I dislike such girls. I would not choose that kind of girl whomever she might be. I respect all the girls so I would also respect her. Just I would ignore her.

• It's a double edge sword. you want someone who is good looking and confident, but also want someone that is conservative and trust worthy. And depends on context of picture bc if it's to just get attention, sexual in nature, defitinly not good. but if you both went to beach t9 hang out, then yeah by all means bc guys like to feel like they have that one girl that every guy wants

• Its a very tough question to answer really. I'm old-fashioned I like old-fashioned girls but yet I love Daisy Dukes on a woman

• Of course, at my age and experience in life, I respect everyone who shows me respect. Also I'm secure enough with myself to where I wouldn't mind if my girlfriend modeled outfits on social media. But the problem that I might have is with today's people out there. Lot of crazy fucks out their.

• Respect isn't quite the right way to think about this. You should respect someone's right to do whatever they want on social media.

Having said that, it appears that many girls over do this because they may be seeking affirmation in an unhealthy manner. it usually seems to be extreme in girls who don't like themselves regardless of how objectively attractive they might be.

if it were a friend or a girlfriend I'd merely want to be assured that wasn't the case.

no need for judgement. but being kind and compassionate? always.

• Yeah sure, it's natural to crave attention and validation. I wouldn't fault a girl for it. People need to stop slut shaming so much, I would just want her to be loyal to her boyfriend.

• Yes UNLESS she claims its wrong for men to sexually objectify her because it's like dangling raw meat in front if a lion and then getting pissed if it licks its lips.

I give respect to everybody until they treat me like crap.

• I dont believe I would feel comfortable. Having a girlfriend. Who feels the need to attract all that attention. Isn't something. I want to be apart of.

• If they constantly post that and worry about shit like likes and follows, hell no! Those kind of chicks seek validation and attention.

• I think it depends on how they use those pictures. If, for example, they're on holiday in the Maldives and post a bikini selfie saying "love it here in the Maldives" that's totally fine... but what annoys me is when girls post up a picture of them in a bikini or tiny outfit, just for the sake of posting that picture to get likes... most of the time they don't even have a caption! it's just fishing for compliments, likes and showing off they're body!

• A person's use of Self espression shouldn't be judged if that person has honestly intensions. No one should be judged for wanting to show case their body unless it's not appropriate for the event or the audience that may see it. Stay classy ๐Ÿ˜‰

• My respect for people (girls and boys) don't depend on what they wear and post on social media. Because that would mean I am shallow. And if I were shallow, there would be no point in gaining my respect.

• Im already engaged to one. Posting bikini and revealing pics doesn't mean you're a slut. For example my girl is really proud of her gym progress and if people see that its a great motivation for her. I dont care. I dont care if she posted nudes to be honest. I trust her and i know that no matter how many guys see her butt the only one that she wants to, and gets to fk it is me.

• >Implying I respect women in the first place.

• it depends, is this like a beach picture? is this a picture where the tiny outfit makes sense? or is this a self in the bathroom showing off the bikini? Is this picutre so I will look at your body or look at what is going on in your life?

If you are just fishing for likes, not really. If you are sharing your life. Then yes I respect that.

• I would not have a whole lot of respect for her since girls who do that tend to be deeply insecure about their lives and see value in their their body. Granted I am not shaming those who are proud of their bodies, as everyone should feel proud of their bodies, but if that is all that she posts on social media, I would not be okay with her being my girlfriend.

• I would respect their choice of post but only as long as the picture itself is tasteful/respectful.
    I mean social media is accessible by anyone who has an internet connection and that includes kids as well (no matter how controlling the parents are kids find ways to do things they're not supposed to)
    So I think as long as the picture can be shown to a kid while preserving their innocence, then there's no issue. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• It wouldn't bother me. People go to the beach in bikinis and tiny outfits. I don't see what the problem is.

• I understand girls mostly do that to help their self esteem, it doesn't bother me at all when a girlfriend does it except for the one rare girlfriend who it was important to her that she get likes whenever she posted something and it would bother her if she didn't.

• More from Guys
    341

What Girls Said 105

• Depends on the setting. There are two types of bikini pics - ones that are meant to show off your body in a subtle, but not so subtle way, and others are more about the event or situation that is going on where you just happen to wear a bikini.

• Yeah I agree. It's different when you post a pic of you having fun in a bikini at the beach and when you post a pic of you wearing a bikini at home for example.

• if i was a guy and my girlfriend was doing that... she won't be my girlfriend anymore.. i won't date some attention wh*re

• Do you respect men who post topless pictures from the beach in their swimsuits? I do because I have no reason to not respect them unless I know them personally.

Why do you have so double standards?
    Girl who posts a pic with bikini is slut so?
    Everyone who thinks so is insecure and is jealous.

• Who cares if I respect you, has self-respect gone out the window? You don't need to take your clothes off to prove you're confident in your body. How do women call themselves feminists when they walk around in short shorts and crop tops? They say they don't want to be treated like sex object then post a provocative picture... Tbh I'm apathetic to it all but please someone tell me I'm not the only one who thinks its just a little hypocritical..

• Here's a double standard and I'm a woman with this double standard but I'm going to keep it real: I respect a woman with a beautiful body who posts a classy bathing suit photo as opposed to a woman with a gross looking body who posts a really tacky photo. You know the difference! And there is always some thirsty guy who likes the tacky and nasty woman's photo and that's when I lose any respect I had for him. And I try to have respect for people but that's asking too much from ๐Ÿ‘ ๐ŸŒธ Luck ๐Ÿ’•

• What do u mean by a gross body?

• @Idk321 Imagine that the suit is Ill-fitting and that the woman's body is grossly disproportionate, reflecting longtime poor eating choices and lack of overall health and fitness maintenance. I personally would not pose in a suit right now. I'm out of shape.

• Ahh, I see what you mean, but isn't being confident in your body no matter how it looks a positive thing? I mean I personally don't have that confidence, but if another woman did, I think that's a good thing...

• No, I don't. Those kinds of people only want attention.

• Yes! It's summer szn so everyone can expect to see many bikini posts. I think there's nothing wrong with it. Just a girl confident in herself lookin good. Like go you!๐ŸŽ‰

• well, it's really the girl's choice in my opinion. I mean who cares? As long as no creeps are hitting on her it's fine. At the most if this is your girlfriend or wife and you tell her that you feel uncomfortable when she does that as it gives other people a chance to see her body. So casually ask her if she could tone it down a little. But be very careful. She might, if you sound like she's being a baby she might be very defensive and post even more pictures like that. Which you don't want. However in terms of respect, no. Since, it's one's body and one can do whatever they want with it.

• my thought is who cares if people hit on her? she can't control who approaches her, but she can choose whether to encourage them or not, and that's the important part.

• yes, that is pretty much what I meant or at least tried to say. Obviously one cannot control that but can choose to ignore or not.๐Ÿ˜€

• i understand now.

• At one time in my life I would've said no. cover your shit up and be modest and respectful.

but I have done some growing up since then. we should stop policing women's bodies and/or stop saying only certain types of bodies (thin and cishet) are worthy of being exposed in public places.

if for you, wearing bikinis and tiny outfits isn't comfortable by all means don't wear them and don't let anyone pressure you into doing anything you're not comfortable with. but on the other side of the coin don't talk people down who are comfortable and secure looking that way. you don't have to approve, but then again who asked you (the proverbial you)?

• No, such sluts, they are.
    Definitely not girlfriend material.

๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ™„

• That's not something I would personally do mostly out of respect for my (conservative) family since I have them on my social media but also because I wouldn't feel comfortable exposing that much on the internet (I don't even wear bikinis to begin with). But I seriously don't care or think of it when another girl does it, unless she is in a suggestive and provocative pose.

• Which stupid moderator deleted my comment? Are you bored or what ๐Ÿ˜‘

• I personally believe a decent girlfriend would not be doing this. She should not want attention from other boys, and if anything would only send them to u personally through messenger, because they're not exactly nudes, but something u can enjoy privately without other men gawping at your girl.

• I do..

if they have the sexy body, then post all they want...

I wish i looked as good as most of those girls do!!!

• I think it depends on the picture. If its underwear it does not speak well of them. If its a bikini AND in the proper place like at the beach or at a pool its fine. also on the position. Not the same if a girl has a picture of herself in a bikini, just smiling and just a normal position like just standing there, and a girl doing a provocative position (putting her ass out, pressing boobs and putting tongue out etc) and putting an angle where you can see it more

• this is all very arbitrary.

'yes its as long as as she is hot bc it shows he worked at it' no you can exercise and & eat well &work hard & still have an un attractive body.

'its ok as long as there's no private pars' private parts are only private bc people wear clothing. once taking off clothes is ok who cares what parts are exposed.

'its ok as long as its not attention seeking' lol no one posts a picture without being aware they are posting it.

'its ok if she does not have a boyfriend or if he does not mind' well if its ok its ok people do not have more or less right to be themselves based on having a relationship. we dont live in that world.

i think its rediculouus for anyone to care if a person posy pictures or not and if they need reasons to respect or not respect them, they will surely find them by getting acquainted. why look for reasons to judge without any proof.

• I don't really feel respect or disrespect. If a person wants to post pictures of themselves in clothing, swimsuit, underwear, whatever, that is their choice and I respect their choice

• No. I find it to be attention seeking

• My respect for someone isn't based on how much of their body they show.
    I'm a straight girl, but hypothetically if my boyfriend or girlfriend was frequently posting very provocative pictures on social media (more than just like a beach pic), I'd want to talk about it and ask why. I'd feel like maybe they wanted other people to think they were single, which would bother me a bit. But it wouldn't make me not respect them, and ultimately I'd respect their decision to post what they wanted.

• I dont because I have a boyfriend who gets those pictures. Not for everyone to see. Also, I wouldn't want family members includong uncles, aunts, grandparents, etc. to see my body

• Bikinis are cool but panties & bras & nahhhh. Exposing yourself then getting upset when a guy wants the goodies

• If I were a guy, I DEFINITELY wouldn't want a girl who did that. It shows that she's an attention whore and has a small brain.

• unless she's not posing in some provocative way.. there's nothing wrong with wearing bikinis and posting pictures.. guys post shirtless pictures and show off their abs and stuff.. would you respect a guy less because he's shirtless in some picture? stop being sexist to your own gender

• hmm you should post some bikini pics then :P

• I won't just send me the bikini pics and you'll see ๐Ÿ˜

• I might not have learned photoshop from scratch but that doesn't mean that I don't know shit ๐Ÿ˜›

• I respect them though I'm not sure I'd be able to be in a relationship with someone who wanted to do that.

• Yes, they are still people.

• It doesn't really matter to me. I can't really measure respect based on that alone.

• Sure. Who wouldn't want look at boobs. Oh I know jealous girls!

• First of all I'm a girl but bi leaning to women, so I hope what I say is still valid.

A bit of both. I respect her bravery but can't really shake the thought that she's just trying to get a guy using sexual attraction.

Would I want a girlfriend who did it? Not for that alone, but ir wouldn't be off putting. On one hand she's confident, adventurous and likely attractive. On the other I'm not at all special to be able to bask in her beauty.

• Good question, I feel less respect towards women who do this if it's out of context. For example her Facebook profile pick versus her private Insta gram. If you won't to post something sexually provocative at least admit that's the attention your after aswell, because you also see chicks ranting about objectification under a barely clad profile pick, I have no respect for that women, as she doesn't have the confidence to own her prowess.

• Most of these opinions make me wonder if I'm the weird one here.
    So, basically, I can walk around wearing only a bikini when I'm at the beach, but if I take a picture wearing one, suddenly people don't respect me anymore? Good to know.

• I see nothing wrong with it. It's their body, they're free to do whatever they want to.
    However, that's not something I would do, since I'm not comfortable enough to do it.

• More from Girls
    75