What Guys Say Vs What They Mean

justbanANNAz

Hey GaGers!

Oh boy, so after much time and careful preparation [😂], I decided to go ahead and create the guy version of myTake, What Girls Say VS What They Mean! #incaseyoumissed it :P

I’m not gonna lie you guys, I was much more cautious about writing this one because I know how some of you are with women writing ‘on their behalf’, so to speak. Like I love how every time I write a myTake about women, guys are so on board lol, then when I write a myTake about men, some start ranting like “OMG YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT US”. -.-

ANYWAY, Just remember that again, this take is a self-proclaimed COLLECTION of light hearted #generalisations and is supposed to be fun and not at all offensive. =]

What Guys Say VS What They Mean. 💭😏😈😍😎😴👅🍑

In my opinion, I'd say that for the most part, guys are much more straightforward with how they feel than girls, because a lot of y’all simply like to get to the damn point. You feel something, you say it. However, I’m sure you must have said something and meant something else at times though, like come on :P

A number of people [yes, guys] have made YouTube videos about this kind of thing. Check em out! I used a bit more online inspo with this one. All my own thoughts however.

--> To the guys: I hope you can relate to at least one of these and find some kinda humour in it.
--> To the ladies: Please don't take this as a guide for every time a guy says one of these things. Whether he means it or not should really come down to your judgment. =]

Ok so here we go!

What Guys Say Vs What They Mean

"WHAT GUYS SAY.
WHAT THEY MEAN."

• "Your friends are so cool!"

OMG THAT ONE WITH THE BIG BOOBS THOUGH, HOLY CHIMICHANGAS! 😍😱👙

• "Wanna hang out sometime?"

Wanna go somewhere that creates a number of romantic opportunities that will lead to sex sometime? 😏🌹

• "You’re pretty=]"

I wanna do many many naughty things to you. 😈👅

• "You wanna come to my place later?"

Let's have some sexy time. ;)

• "I really like you."

I swear I can feel a rejection coming lol. Fml. Why do I do this? 😫 #maybeshesworthit #maybeitsmaybelline

• "It’s not you, it’s me."

I swear if you don’t reply to this with some kind of loving comment telling me to stay… 🔫😠

• "I think we should take a break."

I think we’re done forever. 🔚

• "Can I get your number?"

I’m so cool right now. 😎📱

• "Sure, I'll call you."

*wipes number off phone*… she's not that great.

• "I’m bored."

PORN/ SLEEP/ TV TIME! 😆

• "I’m SO bored."

💭SexSexSexSexSexSexSexSexSexSexSexSexSexSexx 💭😏😈👅👉🏽👌🏽

• "I’m hungry."

Hungry, horny, potato potata, hakuna matata. *scratches butt, goes to fridge*

• "I’m STARVING."

💭FooooodddSexSexSexSexSexSexSexSexSexSexSexSexSexSexxxxxxx💭😏😈👅👉🏽👌🏽

• "I'm not mad."

Consider this a kind warning to leave me alone.

• "Leave me alone."

Seriously, I just need some space. 🙇🏽

• "Yeah babe, looks good."

We would never leave this damn store if I said anything else. -.-

• "You’re right."

I’d just like you to think I crushed my pride, but what I really want is for you to shut up.

• "Whatever."

😑😑😑

• When a girl asks him about what he wants in a woman:

"Gosh, I look for all kinds of things from women in a relationship."

Hmm let’s see. Really nice eyes, soft lips, oo nice hair, some REALLY nice boobs, a squishy butt. mmmm…. *mental blank* what was the question? 😶

• "Yeah mum my room is fine!" -.-

DO NOT ENTER. 🙅🏽⛔️

• When people ask him about relationships/marriage:

“I’m not really looking for a relationship right now."

Women don’t really like me. 😔

• To a girl:

“I'm not looking for anything right now."

This is the nicest possible way I can think of to let you know I really don’t want this to go ahead between us. :/

• "Pfft, who needs instructions?"

I know I can do this on my own… maybe if I just read one step…. NO, NO. You are not a weakling! You can do this!

• "I was just joking."

I totally wasn’t joking. Lel. 🙊

• "Are you done?"

You finished whining and crying? I don’t have time for this. 😒

• "Can we talk about this later?"

Hopefully you forget, because I’m over talking bout the same shit over and over and over and…. 😴

• "She’s just a friend."

So we may or may not be screwing around, but do you need to know? I don’t think so!

• "I’m not like most guys."

Apparently this line gets you all emotional and stuff so *shrugs*

• "It’s a guy thing."

You won’t understand this stuff, don’t bother. ✋🏽

• "Yeah I’m pretty much single."

Yeah I’m pretty much depressed/living my life!

• "I got this one babe."

Oh man I’m going broke. Women are expensive af. 💸

Or

Offering to pay or split at this point would be awesome too you know.

• "You need anything?"

Please not pads. Anything but pads. 😟

• "Yeah you look good baby have some confidence!"

FOR THE BAZILLIONTH TIME, you are beautiful! The top/jeans/dress/bra/etc. looks amazing! Can we pleeeeaseee just buy it and get the hell out of here?! Oh, and we need to check your eyes while we’re here too, I don't know how you don’t see what I do. ❤️

• "Of course I love you."

I really do. With all my heart. ❤️ I’m not gonna sit here going all Shakespeare on you though. It's just not how I express myself. Please don’t keep feeling that you need to ask for reassurance of my feelings.

• "I miss you."

I wanna hold you in my arms right now and tell you how much you mean to me. 💏

• "You’re such a good friend."

FRIENDZONED. 🚧

• "It’s pretty hot out huh?"

Mm mmm and so are you ;) ☀️ sooo wasss yo name pretty guuurrlll? 😏

• "What do you do?"

Just subtly enquiring about your status in society. 💰

• "How much do you lift?"

I bet I can lift more. 💪🏽

• "What? Oh man, not again."

*adjusts pants* … 😐😑

• "I hate women. I’m over it."

I LOVE women so much that I can't stand it when they don’t love me. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? 😭❤️

• "I’m fine with you having guy friends."

As long as you ain't fcxking around with anyone but me, we’re good.

Or

I really really would rather you just pretend I'm the only man in your life.

• "You drive stick?"

Are you cool? Because in MY worldview, only cool people drive stick tbh. 😎🚗💨

• "K."

I’m not even going to justify all that you’ve just said with any kind of response, and to top it off, I want to see you get a little angry, so I’m going to use ‘K’, just because I know how much that pisses you off. what now?

• "What's wrong babe?"

OHHHH LORD NOT THIS AGAIN. I gotta get a bag of chips and some soda in case we're here for another 9 hours like last time. 💀

• "I’m not hiding anything from you oh my gosh. -.-"

WOMAN U CRAZY AF… going through my phone and shit. Is this a relationship or perpetual interrogation? 😡👮🏽

Or

Okay… I know. You ain’t stupid. And I'm sorry… I just can’t tell you. I haven’t worked up the courage yet. I just need time, and I need you to believe this right now till I figure out what I'm gonna do. 😔💔

• "Yes dear."

Ugh, im so whipped that I don’t even care anymore. This is what gets me sex anyway. LOVE! 😆😆😆❤️❤️❤️

• "Well you know what they say, Happy Wife, Happy Life! *looks at her lovingly*"

Seriously though, we [yes I get dragged into it] enter a parallel universe that seems to resemble hell when she isn't happy. To all men listening, KEEP HER HAPPY OR DIE. 🔥

• "They were… nice."

Ah… I feel like your parents don’t like me.

Or

THEY WERE SO BORING OMG.

Or

Are you adopted by any chance?

• "I’m in love with you."

WRETHFYGJYTQ#%W$E^TQREASGRHGW#T$E ❤️❤️❤️

• "This should do."

Damn, shirt got a stain on it. Whatever, it’s the only somewhat clean one I’ve got. 👕

• "Hey there good lookin ;) "

My reflection is the only person who compliments me! 😭👨🏽

• "My ego is NOT high, don’t even talk about my ego."

Heck im the humblest person on the planet 🙌🏽 how dare you.

• "Am I into what?"

What the hell is a thigh gap?

• Girl did you know there are 21 letters in the alphabet? Oh wait, I missed 5. U, R, A, Q, T. ;) "

I LOVE that girls actually fall for this crap lol! I'm too good. 😂

• "I’ll be 10 minutes!"

*arrives in 7 minutes* ⏰

• "I’m studying!"

Human anatomy and the reproductive system. Some sites are incredibly educational you know. Did I mention I like biology and chemistry? 🔬

• "Wait, that’s not what I meant."

Oh damn… what'd I do? her facial expression doesn’t look too happy. AVERT DEATH. REWIND, REPHRASE! 😰

• "Excuse me, is that your protein shake?"

*plans wedding* 💍

Lol, well there it is. Of course, a lot, if not all of these are stereotypically driven, but that's the main source of humour in all this. Hope u enjoyed, thanks for reading! x

What Guys Say Vs What They Mean

~j.B🍌

What Guys Say Vs What They Mean
56
17
17Girl Opinion
56Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• onlimee88
    This was funny! However, I feel like the responses are more so what a FEMALE thinks a guy means when he says "X" vs from an actual male POV. Then again, it was posted by a female haha
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Octavius
    How dare you I want a written apology https://i.imgur.com/XqyN8oY.gif
    Is this still revelant?
    • LOL :D

• Octavius

You dare lol at my grief?

Now I want another written apology.

On my desk

By Wednesday...

• yes sir! ill try to remember 🙊

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1655
  • Joc4Position
    "this take is a self-proclaimed COLLECTION of light hearted #generalisations"

So I don't understand. Should we or should we not "generalise"? I guess it's only okay if you do it. 👌👌👌 Gotcha. 👍👍👍

gifsec.com/.../Frank-Underwood-Eye-roll-GIF.gif
    • 😴 😴 😴

• Octavius

Yeah gif her. Gif her good!

• @Octavius lol.

• Sexualchrist
    About 3 or 4 of them are correct. The rest are things I wouldn't even say or if I did that's just exactly what I would mean.
    Maybe some guys are a bit more subliminal than me but when I say something I usually mean exactly what I said hence why I chose the words.
  • lonerider
    One of the extremely rare take about guys by a girl which isn't man hating and propoganda-oriented and by some misandrist. Light humour is always appreciated and although a bit exaggerated.. most of the points were very true. A very nice take overall. Keep going :)
    • well awesome, thanks for finding the humour in it. glad u liked it :)

• dartmaul15
    "You’re right."

And that' when my sids entered high altitude orbit. Seriously, this whole take is so spot on in 90% of the cases. Sure, some of the more stereotypical respnses doesn't always apply (especially the excessive focus on sex. Or am i just weird?), but overall this one is GOLDEN!
  • ObscuredBeyond
    Here's what I say versus what I mean:

"You made your point..." = "I get it, okay? Stop it with the hysteria already!"

"I'd like your number, if you're cool with that..." = "Are we even friends at all, or do you just like smiling at me for no reason? A little actual communication would be nice. And you know we can't do that when we're on the clock!"

"Find me on Facebook later." = "I wanna know what you're into, so I know if I'm wasting my time or not. I don't like being left in suspense or with riddles."

"Well, you're definitely passionate about that fandom!" = "This gal is so nerdy, even I am having second thoughts!" or "She's... really kinda perverted..."

"I just wanted to borrow your plunger" = "I'm never buying a plunger at Dollar Tree again! Yes, you're cute; but I'm too shy to hit on you when I barely know you. And this would be a bad time anyway."

"Long time no word. How've you been, lovely?" = "I care about you. But I'm also dying of loneliness here, so any response would be great."

"I've been working on [insert project name here]." = "I've been working on this project that I've been inspired to do. But I would gladly make time for you right now too. It's not like I have a deadline for the project."

"You're not mad, are you?" = "PLEASE, don't go psychotic on me like the last girl did! Dammit!!!"

Maybe one day I will find true love. Right now, my dating life is hell.
  • AleDeEurope
    After the first 3 I thought it was all gonna be around sex, thank goodness it wasn't xD

I can relate to some of those, especially the "I'm not mad" one xD I rarely get mad, but when I say just that, you better stay at least 5 miles away from me hahaha

Nice take, funny, and relatable on some points.
  • BlueCoyote
    I think whether people (guys) find these examples of yours accurate heavily depends on what type of guy they are. The more guyish a guy is (the more stereotypically masculine his gender identity is), the more he will probably agree with you. I, on the hand, am a relatively feminine guy, which is why I don't agree with many of them. For example I couldn't care less than to buy pads for my girlfriend. I really don't understand why some guys find it embarrassing. Seems a little childish to me. However, there are some that I agree with. I especially like the first few ones. It's true that I've said "you're cute" to girls and actually meant "omg I wanna rip down your jeans, bend you over this desk and fuck you really hard". But of course I couldn't say that. And I think HERE we get to the huge difference between girls saying something different than what they mean and guys doing the same.
    When women say something different than what they mean, they usually believe it's exactly the same thing. I've had my girlfriend tell me this so many times: "come on, it's exactly what I said!" Women BELIEVE that they mean A and say A. To them, it makes total sense even if it doesn't to the men. And the fact that men don't get it confuses women.
    With guys, it's very different. When guys say something different than what they mean, they don't do it because their mind works in very twisted ways (like for women), they do it ON PURPOSE. In other words: guys mean A and say B and KNOW they're not the same thing. However, they feel pressured to say something different than what they mean. For example I can't just go up to girls and ask if they wanna fuck me. If I did, I'd be a very lonely man very quickly. It just doesn't work in our society. That is why I'm forced to invent some stupid cover code and say "you look very pretty :-)" I know girls like that stuff and it's the only way for me to reach my goal, so that is why I say it. I don't think women do this so much. When girls say different things than what they mean, they usually don't do it deliberately, they just do it because their mind works in mysterious ways.
  • golani
    "Wanna hang out sometime?"
    Wanna go somewhere that creates a number of romantic opportunities that will lead to sex sometime?

LOLLLL 100% ACCURATE, BUT... keep in mind that sometimes men actually mean what they say more than women. so while "wanna hang out sometime" DOES actually mean what you said, could it also mean "i actually like you, i want to spend time with you because i enjoy it, and i would also love to have sex with you"
    • i knoooww omg i know, i already mentioned that. but thank you. i honestly saw all these male opinions coming.

• true, but why not just say I like you instead of wanna hangout sometime?

• golani

@thewanderingme for the same reason girls like flip their hair to get a guys attention instead of walking right up to him and saying hey i think ur cute

• 0112358
    Most I agree. A few I'd say:

• "It’s not you, it’s me."

Please no drama, please no drama

• “I’m not really looking for a relationship right now."

I'm not really looking to stop screwing other girls right now.

• “I'm not looking for anything right now."
    Could be same as above, could be I'm not into you.

• "I was just joking."
    I totally wasn’t joking. Lel.

• "She’s just a friend."
    Could be yours, could also be 'she shot me down already'

•"Yeah I’m pretty much single."
    Could be yours, could be 'There are a few girls I'm talking to (when we have sex) but none of them are serious

• "What do you do?"
    How much do i need to pretend to care about your achievements so you think I'm not just after your ass?

• "You drive stick?"
    *imagines girl driving his 'stick' '

• "Yes dear."
    Your head is so far up your ass you can't even tell when I'm being sarcastic.

She still occasionally has sex when happy, and I haven't noticed that my being a doormat has crushed her sex drive. I'm still chasing the cheese.

•Girl did you know there are 21 letters in the alphabet? Oh wait, I missed 5. U, R, A, Q, T. "
    I chickened out on the real version of this, where I say there are 20. And if she says after the URAQT that's still only 25, I say 'yeah I was gonna give you the D later'
  • ManOnFire
    I’m not gonna lie you guys, I was much more cautious about writing this one because I know how some of you are with women writing ‘on their behalf’, so to speak. Like I love how every time I write a myTake about women, guys are so on board lol, then when I write a myTake about men, some start ranting like “OMG YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT US”. -.- But that's the same thing females do! Lol! Anytime a guy makes a post about women he's a pig, but let a girl post about guys and even guys respect her.
    • KENKONG

Because the men on gag are white knights who would throw their best friend under a bus to get a date with a girl.

• @KENKONG the worst part is they don't even get a date tho BC it's online lol

• Joeman1252

@KENKONG so true lol

• supernerd99
    That thing is retarded. It nowhere near describes me. As for honesty and straightfowardness I say what i feel, I don't twist my words and manipulate others. If it was a humorous attempt, it wasn't funny either. It was very unintelligent, uncreative, and repetitive. Sex, sex sex. Like this is the only thing the male animal that you present here wants... .
    • whatever.

• of course you are a whatever person. you dont have what it takes to look into men's true needs and desires and the depths of their heart. your perception of men speaks more about you than it does for men.

• L_aauurraa

It was supposed to be humorous, simmer please. Thanks

• lacorine197
    Lmfao, this is hilarious, The only thing I agree is that us guys are more straightforward than females, and even if it didn't show me that a female posted this, it's obvious in almost every answer is about sex and how hot a girl is, this is really how you think guys think? Damn, funny, really funny...
    • saw the shitstorm coming. bring it.

• Yep, just like your mytake, it is a shitstorm indeed. by the way not all guys think about sex all the time.

• yes, continue to draw conclusions about my perception of men.

• serious
    Well I would say you are only partly right. There are many men who always mean what they say, they talk honestly and don't have double meaning in their words, sentences.
    • i mentioned that in my introduction, thank you.

• Bluemax
    HILARIOUS! !!!

And the stuff you said about having to hang around while women try on clothes is ONE MILLION PERCENT TRUE!!
  • QooLipBite
    The one special quote I think is extremely notorious and I'm often the person who uses it, I think everyone regardless of gender can relate.

"Lol I'm just kidding" 😂😂😂 biggest lies of my life.

I tell you im kidding but in actual fact... I'm not really not, it's just to make you feel a little bit better and not cry.
  • ConsultantIsBack
    You are so against the alpha thing but seem to think us guys are so animalistic lol, which is it?
    • lol hence the stereotypical humour. my opinion isn't in this at all, only my thoughts on male stereotypes. chill.

• Ouch, male stereotypes 😢😢💔💔

• lol whatever, they exist. no point denying it.

• mr90skid
    ... gentleman, we have been compromised >:O
    Good game Anna good game
  • ArtDent
    Some of these are funny and accurate, but you come off like all your male friends are one dimentional sex crazed cavemen who are interested in nothing else.
    • Lol no they aren't, relax. I wasn't basing this off my friends to begin with.

• ArtDent

Yeah, your caveman like friends. :P

• ArtDent

And I slap a man that says "happy wife, happy life"... If he's a friend. Otherwise I shake my head and get away in case that pussification is contagious

• Phoenix98
    Hahaha more or less true I'll admit, now excuse me I'm hungry, bored and studying.
  • MyMintFrappe
    You should write a book on boys and then sell it. But first give me a free copy.
  • anshin
    When a guy says he is hungry, he is hungry. When a girl says, she is not hungry, you have to ask her if she's really hungry or not. If she want donut, pizza or ice cream.

When a guy says, he is on the way, he is on the way. When a girl says she is on the way, she meant on the way to her cabinet.
  • KDA20
    I agree with almost every one of those except
    " It. s me not you
    I swear if you don’t reply to this with some kind of loving comment telling me to stay… "
    For me when a guy says that the ship is sinking, time to get in the lifeboats nothing will save the ship.
  • oddwaffle
    Yeah it's funny but pretty close. Lasies, the guys only have 3 types of responds:

#1 I mean what I think I said
    #2 I have no clue what I said but I will stick to it anyways
    #3 the situation has gone pear shaped so I'm going to lie my way out of this *invents a lot of lies*
    #3b she believed my lies! It has gone FUBAR now! *invents bigger lies*
  • Wulfila
    :-D This is one of the funniest things that I've read in a while, and definitely the funniest piece that I've seen on GAG. From a dude: *thumbs up*
  • thewanderingme
    "wanna hangout sometime?" this one is so true. unfortunately, it took me until just a few years ago to realize guys asking to hangout didn't really just want to hangout. ha!
  • brocha
    Yeah good one.

Interesting take. Some are actually quite funny lol.

Can u help me on mine pls? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1850787-what-does-this-fantasy-of-a-female-friend-f-mean

What do my guy thoughts mean lol?
  • Rei02
    Could you explain the next phrases (Just to cheer me up) :

"You are an excellent person, but I don't feel I can sustain a good relationship "

"Please don't idealize me"

"we can be Back to be friends, but we can still continue knowing each other".
    • Rei02

"different from others, I have been With you longer and advanced more With you ".

• YusiBear
  • LittleSally
    Haha True...
    Except the one thing I've learned - when they're hungry the last thing on their mind is sex... Food before boobs. xD
  • PizzaGuy22
    LOOL I definitely influenced the "you drive stick" one
  • Mishae
    I have never met a guy never who didn't think of sex constantly. Part of Darwinian evolution
    • i don't think you've met enough men then.

• Mishae

Studies back me up. Many think of sex constantly, not the mythical's every 7 seconds but about every 45 minutes. However, men think about sex every time they meet a girl

• that's not constantly.

• Enaya
    What about, guy says, you are sweet? Friendzone or not?
    • like i said, these aren't mean to be taken literally. he could certainly mean that, or he might not.

• Joeman1252
    This is not true I say what I mean and mean what I say
  • orphan
    surprisingly accurate.

holy chimeechangas.. lawl.
  • devilish-cutie
    haha I enjoyed this, I'm not into making genders stereotypical but this had some overall essence in the ways of man thiking :)
  • thotramuss
    i like that post. it is really me. do another post about girls what they say vs what they mean.
  • K-Cool-Dude
    This was kind of just okay. Because none of the statements match with me but I like your thinking. I too think that some guys thing the way you mentioned.
  • Bysshe
    I disagree with this one:

"I think we should take a break."

If a guy says that he wants to sleep around with other women before committing to her, if he wanted to break up completely he'd just say that.
  • DarkHumorRUs
    That list way longer than I thought it would. In the first several definitions, I agree.
  • Azara
    Well, some of it was funny but a lot of these are more about sexist stereotypes towards womens behavior than about jokes about what men 'really' mean.. while stereotyping men you attack womens integrity. maybe itd be funny if you did not need to do that. maybe not.

i get its for fun but i guess i dont find it funny when jokes are meant to demean people and dehumanize. obviously no sex is the same as another just bc of their sex. i font see the point in beating this over the head.

if you want to understand a person take the time to get to know them. jokes are funny but this is more like propaganda. bc it deals with actual prejudice that people base their lives on.
  • Doffydood
    Okay. Some of these are bang on. But a number of them are well... er... not bang on :P A very good attempt though- it's not like anyone would get 100% on something like this :)
  • Queen_naki5
    If men are as simple as they say they are, then why is it a meaning behind what they say? Now I'm confused.
    • I'm personally not one to believe that they're as simple as they say they are, or maybe i just give them too much credit.

• Lol. Men are humans and just as complicated as we're to be fair.

• Kiminowa
    Lol what does it mean when a guy says what are you doing tonight? Is it like a booty call or legitimately wanting to know what you're doing
  • SuitAndTie
    "I just got home"

Translation: I got home ages ago but needed some me time and didn't want to talk to you.

"I've had a loooooong day"

Translation: I've had a standard day but it's gonna turn into a looooooong day once we start talking.
    • HOW RUDE! 😂

• SuitAndTie

They'll never know 😎

• I'm telling!

• GreatnessPersonified
    What a bunch of bullshit!!!
    Men say only two things:
    -What we actually say
    and
    -Do you want some dick?
  • smahala1991
    This is a great take yet so true! Good job anna for decoding guy speak and girl speak
  • ScruffynateAK
    Ehh you hit about 50%
    Rest of em are funny though :D
  • croxy
    Haha although this isn't spot on its funny and still has truth in it. Nice
  • sp33d
    I appreciate the humor :D

Yeah I’m pretty much single."

This is a hilarious interpretation. As if all guys are weak inside.
  • Nik1hil
    Nice try anna!.. You have my up vote you came close the enough to understand man..
    • a try is better than nothing right? :P

• Nik1hil

That's something appreciable from a women trying to understand him instead of sitting around around and whinning men's don't understand me.. 😘 it's a turn on for every guy

• im glad u think so =]