I'm in Love with my English Professor and Nobody Can Know

I've been in love with her for about a year now.

While it is usually more common for female students to fall in love with their male professors, I am one of the few male students in love with my female professor. I've had her for about three semesters now and even though some of our classes have been online, we still know each other fairly well through regular email correspondence and office hours.

I'm crazy about her.
I'm crazy about her.

I have a pattern of falling in love with female educators

This all began in 7th grade when I developed a massive crush on my substitute teacher. My classmates knew about it and dared me to propose to her. While nobody thought that I would do it, I proved them wrong by getting down on one knee before the entire class and popping the question. It went down as the most memorable event of middle school. Several years later, as a college student, I have a massive crush on my female English professor.

I've been listening to boybands and cheesy love songs for relief, daydreaming about her, wishing to profess my love to her.

She treats me very well, like a human being

She speaks 'to' me, not 'at' me.
She speaks 'to' me, not 'at' me.

Without divulging too many autobiographical details, we both share departments. She is an English professor and I am a very well known English major at our institution. As an honors student, I was selected to participate in a very exclusive academic conference. Even though she did not have to come, she still chose to take time out of her busy schedule in order to come down and support me.

She is going through a difficult time right now

I have reason to suspect that she went through a divorce.

While she has not yet opened up to me about it, I have reason to believe that she is going through a difficult time. I suspect that it is a divorce, for reasons I would rather not divulge. But I've noticed that she has also been much nicer to me than usual, giving me hugs, and speaking to me more casually.

I genuinely love her and want to marry her

Graduation is nigh upon us, and soon I will be transferring to a different institution to complete my studies. I am tempted to pour out my heart to her, get on one knee, and propose.

I love her in the same way I love my mother and sister. If she were to offer me sex right now, I would turn her down for the sole reason that I am a Christian and respect her too much to take advantage of her during this difficult time, in the aftermath of what I suspect was a divorce. Even so, I am tempted to pour out my heart to her and profess my undying love, begging her to marry me. Realistically I know that this will never happen, and I've made peace with the fact that we will probably never be together, but I am always going to have these feelings for her.

I am probably going to see her one last time before graduation. Even though I doubt that I will propose to her (I care too much about our relationship to ruin it), I hope to speak to her on a more personal level and at least confess that I care very much about her.

Everything I do is to make her proud. Even though she is somewhat of a feminist, and I am a hardcore reactionary, I genuinely care about her, and look up to her as a kind of surrogate older sister. My heart urges me to confess my feelings to her, but my head tells me to keep it hidden and bear the burden of this secret forever, lest I ruin our relationship and/or tarnish her career.

Have you ever had a crush on an educator?

1316

Most Helpful Guys

• 8 d ago

I had a crush on a chemistry professor who was pregnant when I was watching her... She used to stare at me at a very beautiful and innocent way. Couldn't stop myself from falling for her. And eventually she left her job for her pregnancy... And she never came back!😔 Hope she's all fine...😌

• 6 d ago

You are NOT the first one.
    If he accepts any proposition, he/she risks being fired.
    I hope you have the legal age or he/she risks jail.

• 6 d ago

I am 23 years old and she is in her early to mid 30s.

• 6 d ago

Then sho only risks her job.

Most Helpful Girls

• 11 d ago

Dating your professor isn't the greatest idea. Or making any move on her for that matter. If things go wrong, she won't be in a good position. Things could turn ugly. But you're 18-24 years of age so I guess you make your own choices.

• 11 d ago

Just make sure that because you don't have your hormones well under control she will not end having to lose both her job, her freedom and a lifetime ban in education in addition to a devastating criminal record.

Join the discussion

1114
  • 10 d ago

I was a substitute teacher to help out a friend (a full-time teacher) who was on maternity leave. I garnered a lot of "fans" & "teacher's pets" but never exploited a student nor entertained any thoughts of teasing them. My brief tenure made a lot of teachers envious/jealous of my popularity.

• 9 d ago

Keep in touch with her, for the next few years. show her you are becoming a strong man.
    Thats what she needs. If you come to her as a boy she won't accept you as a lover.

good luck bro, i hope it works out!

• 8 d ago

I thought I was the only one. Glad I'm not.

Too bad that student-teacher relationships are off limits (at least in our nonsensical, shallow and closed-minded society). I have had and still have one hardcore crush on female teacher/professor. The things I would do to date one of them right now... I'd smother her in love and romance. She'd be a happy woman for sure!

• 10 d ago

Realistically, you cannot date while she is your prof. So, wait till after you get your degree and see if she is interested. Also, you can't control your feeling, but you can control how much you obsess over them. Just relax because nothing can be done right now anyway.

• 10 d ago

"She treats me very well, like a human being"

Funny how guys are attracted to being treated like a human, while girls are attracted to being treated like a worthless, meaningless, valueless object and rape victim.

• 11 d ago

This is unhealthy. Get a girlfriend from among your peers.

• 10 d ago

You might want to take the words of a fellow Christian and not rush into anything. I have felt stronger for people when I knew they would be leaving or when I considered losing them than when I lost them and realised how much less I cared.

• 11 d ago

"Nobody can know" except for possibly thousands of people on a social media site? Anyway, I have never had a serious crush on a female teacher. Some were good looking, but it wasn't really important. I was there to learn.

• 4 d ago

I have gone through an identical situation. She knew well and surprisingly treated me like close friend. Perhaps it was my cowardice or some other reservation that restricted my move forward.

• 11 d ago

It's the braaiinzzz that drive u wild. Convince yourself she's boring outside the classroom.

• 4 d ago

You want to marry her, but view her like a mother/sister?

Sweett hooommeee Alaaabaaammaaa...

• 9 d ago

I was in love with my English teacher. Omg she was hot. I masturbated over her many times.

• 10 d ago

you dont even know her lol all you know is her professional face, get a grip

• 7 d ago

Oh I have a big crush on one of my teachers too. He is so hot.

• 6 d ago

Well no but i do like guys who are 2 to around 4 years older than me

• 7 d ago

Very few professors are actually attractive. I'm guessing you have low standards.

• 4 d ago

Become star football player. Your teacher will send you nudes. It’s a proven formula.

• 9 d ago

Oooh I love crushes on teachers it’s oh so sexxxy

• 10 d ago

Wow 😮

• 10 d ago

You should wait till you graduate and maybe see if you have the same genuine feelings for her and take the risk.

• 10 d ago

This is a very interesting mytake

• 11 d ago

Good mytake

• 9 d ago

This is sad, honestly. You’d embarrass yourself.

• 11 d ago

Interesting

• 10 d ago

Fantasize about her

• 9 d ago

Crush on teacher is very common

• 11 d ago

It's best that way and more fun and exciting sneaking around. I'm dating my English teacher at the minute.