Men do you want a traditional wife or a modern wife?

• Traditional.
  • Modern/equal.

638

Most Helpful Guy

• Why would a man marry a woman in this day and age?

• 1d

A traditional girlfriend?

• 1d

LOL!

Although I want to marry I definitely can understand this mindset. Since no one saves sex for marriage anymore and many people will put out within the first month of dating there is no need for it. With all of the divorces and broken homes and alimony, court divided assets etc., etc. I can see why only dating casually and never sharing a residence and/or marrying when you can get all the sex you want would make sense. Never legally bind your assets, property, 401K and savings accounts to another person who could leave or betray you. It just make some sense.

What Guys Said 37

• Definitely modern, i like to be independent and would prefer her to be able to her own thing, have stuff only she does and only stuff i do. Then we can talk about it

• I will take A modern woman πŸ‘© any day at any time. 😍❀❀❀

I'm just not into "traditions".

Give me the modern v2017 ladies 😍 😍 πŸ˜πŸ‘©πŸ‘©πŸ‘©

• Why can't I have a wife who accepts traditional gender roles who I treat as an equal?

• 3d

I put the word equal by mistake. I should’ve put just β€œmodern”.

• I need a definition of each of the terms.

• I will probably get married to my girl now, and if that happens, I'mma definitely be married to a modern wife.. Hahahaha..

• First of all, if I was 14 I wouldn't think about marriage for another 15 years or so lol
    Second, no man "looks" for a specific stereotype. You have many experiences through your teen years and twenties that are meant to make you understand who you are and what you like and don't like in a potential partner. Enough of these experiences, and once you find the woman you think "deserves" to be your wife, you just know it.
    It's not that you start thinking "Is she traditional or modern? Mmmh..."

So focus on having fun now! And take every experience (especially bad ones) as good because you learn something from everything!

• 3d

I was actually thinking like that too. If I lived with a woman or a man I'd make things fair as possible.

• I want no wife. No wife=happy life.

• Traditional is how I was raised but I understand that things change, for better or worse you know. so you need to be adaptable. I personally just want someone who will be my partner and not crazy and abusive. Hopefully I will be financially well off enough to where she doesn't HAVE to work. But if she wants to work that would be cool as well. and of course I would support her in any endeavors she chooses that betters her and makes her happy.

• Living at this time of age is difficult and high in demand of money. Yes a traditional wife is great because her attention and energy is focus on her husband and kids which means the family will be well fed and taken care of but she doesn't work which means the husband must double the time on work just to sustain the money needed for their family everyday needs like food and bills. were in he can just spent on his family instead of work. Unlike a modern day wife both parents are working both are helping each other on supplying the needs of their family which means less working time and more manageable time for them to spent for their family.

• Modern because in traditional the wife stays at home and take care of the house and kids. Would prefer if both of us are working.

• Modern, a woman who is a pushover, is a huge turn-off.

I want to marry a woman who has a career, fights her own battles, and makes her money. Also, she is not a Barbie doll.

• I'd be leaning toward traditional. I swear, people, why is it mostly (it seems like) an either or situation?

• Where I'm from, and traditional wife works so... I guess traditional.

• A Traditional Wife

• I don't care

• I'd like a relationship where we openly communicate about the chores. That be taking turns, helping eachother, deciding what she's good at and what I'm good at.

If she feels like chopping wood, go ahead, I'll change the diaper :P

So I guess that's modern/equal.

• Gonna need a little more definition than that sweetheart. Traditional wasn't unequal, and modern isn't necessarily equal if we're going to be intellectually honest. In ww2 the workforce was largely women... that was 1940 by the way. Men don't really care as long as we are allowed to be men, aren't emasculated, and share a mutual respect. It's the unnecessary & deceptive modern feminist movement that we despise. Most of us simply don't care as long as you'll put up with us.

• As long as we get along
    I don't care,

• Modern/equal.

• Traditional and a little modern

• Whatever she is

• Depends on what do you exactly mean by traditional and modern...

• Which is which? What's the difference?

• And this is how you do it! Let me put some respek on it!

• I want a wife that is actually grown out of the childlike feminist stage. A wife that is makes a warm home and wants to make lots of babies with me.

• Modern cause I'm not corny and obsolete

• Don't care, as long as she is not a slut

• Doesn't matter to me since I don't want kids but I'm not super liberal

• a nice mix

• Modern wives are more fun.

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 6

• Traditional wives are shit. Like how do you expect me to wait for you all day and be like "oh honey, welcome home, I made ravioli and baked an applepie" with a smile on my face? How do you expect me to be all happy and merry and bright, have to take care of the chilren, clean the house and everybody's clothes, cook, support you, take care of myself and go under all this stress I am every single day, without wanting to kill myself? Marriages with traditional wives often turn to divorces and heartbroken children. The right household is the one where the man helps the wife, does chores and takes care of the children.

• 2d

That's it? That's the most stressful thing you could go through in your entire life that would make you want take yourself out?

• 2d

It would gradually make me wish I was never married and that I had lived my life in a completely different way than live by the stupid standards of society. I meant it metaphorically, but yes, I would probably already be seriously depressed by the age of 40.

• I kinda can't have a modern wife, as there are no gender roles in homosexual relationships.

• Lol i'm confused by the poll, is a Traditional wife not a equal then?

• 3d

Equal/modern means the wife works, the children in daycare, both cooks food, doesn't listen to the man all the time and handles everything by herself.

• 3d

Nooo i got what both meant :)
      I meant why is the traditional one not classed as a equal as well?

• 3d

Forget it, I put equal in a wrong way.

• With all the complaining about feminism and women these days, you'd think they wanted a traditional wife.

• Now remember gents, if you want a traditional wife, you'd better be prepared to be a traditional husband, meaning you're the only one working so you better be bringing in that dough.

• I am both.

• 3d

thank you for being you.

• 3d

we both working, putting food on the table, roof over our heads, spend family time, talk about shitty work was lol and making sure our kids are safe and loved. and still have our couple time after the kids are tucked in bed. :) true story