Do guys listen to love songs?

If a guy listens to love songs a lot- does he listen to it because...

You are trying to get over a girl?
Thinking of a girl?
Imagining of it with a girl?
Just casually?

When I listen to love songs it's usually because I'm imagining about a guy or it's a lovely tune.

Do guys listen to love songs?

1136

Most Helpful Guys

• I listen to plenty of love songs. But most of them are Metal songs. But I do like a lot of non metal love songs, it’s just more rare because if the music isn’t good I can’t listen to it.

For me, I think about a variety of things. A girl I like. I might imagine it’s about her or I’m singing it to her or she likes my song and we connect over that song.

Or maybe I’m just feeling lonely and wish I had someone. That’s a good trigger for love songs. If I get really lonely I’ll listen to more metal love songs and stuff like queen or other bands with great singers.

• It depends on a lot of things, mostly the song and my frame of mind.

As a teen, I used to listen to "Falling" by Julee Cruise, over and over again, imagining what it will be like to fall in love. Now I listen to it more casually.

There are songs that make me think of past relationships, love in general, past sex, future sex... there's no reason in particular, and the same song can elicit multiple emotions. Mostly I listen because I like the song 😊

• Falling has a soothing melody!

• I find it extremely peaceful. Glad you like it too 😊

• I was thinking about this post on my drive home.
      1. I Remember (deadmau5 & Kaskade) - makes me think of loves that never were.
      2. Bloom (Odesza) - makes me think of the progression of sex
      3. Hairy Trees (Goldfrapp) - just one continuous orgasm