Here Is Why You Shouldn't Worry About Toilet Paper Running Out

SpiderManFan2002

I know you probably read that title and thought:

"What the fudgecakes?"

Here Is Why You shouldn't Worry About Toilet Paper Running Out

But, here me out. I know with COVID-19 many people are stressing about toilet paper.

But fear not, because I have the perfect solution, now chances are if you're Muslim or Asian you probably know where this is going. Anyways, what is my solution?

Behold...

They call it, the lota.

What is "the lota" used for I hear you ask? Basically, one uses it to wash themselves down below after they've taken a shit.

How To Use a Lota

Step 1 - Fill it up with warm water. Make sure the water isn't boiling hot, and make sure it isn't freezing cold. And also don't fill it up all the way to the top because it'll spill everywhere.

Step 2 - Lean forwards on the toilet seat a little and pour it down your backside. Kinda like watering a plant.

Step 3 - Use a little bit of toilet paper to wipe your butt and dry it.

I use a lota anyway, but why?

So, yes, I am born in and I live in England. So why do I use a lota when I have toilet paper? I can already see the triggered people in the comments:

"ThEsE AsIaNs!!! CoMiNG tO oUr CoUnTrY!! BrInGiNg ThEiR lOtAs aNd UsInG tHeM!! ImPoSiNG ThEiR cUlTuRe On Us!! ThEy mAkE mE sO AnGrY I tHiNk I'Ll gO tReAt MySeLf tO a SoMe TeA!!" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Well, I'll explain it with a simple analogy. Imagine an animal shits on your hand for some reason. You may wipe it off with a tissue, but you're not going to just wipe it off with a tissue are you? You're going to wash your hands (I hope) because that will properly wash the shit off of your hand.

Now do you understand why I use a lota to wash myself after a number two?

So where can I get a lota?

Well, look for your nearest South Asian shop and they should sell one.

If the South Asian shop don't sell them, or you don't have a South Asian shop near you, just look online, and order one.

My point is...

Everyone's stressing over the toilet paper shortage, because people are panic buying due to COVID-19 but if you use a lota you won't need toilet paper.

You may be thinking: But you just said you use a lota and toilet paper

And yes, I do, but if I was to run out of toilet paper, I could still use the lots to wash myself properly and then a towel to dry but I wouldn't really HAVE to use a towel.

So I'm trying to save all your asses (literally) by telling those who don't know about the alternative option out there.

And yes, I accept this MyTake was gross but I was in the neighbourhood.

Thank you for reading, I'll be happy to answer any questionsπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

33
13

Most Helpful Girls

• dianagirl
    Get a cloth diaper service and use the cloths to wipe front and back - especially if you use water after having a bowel movement. And especially if you have a large family. It'll save on trees.
    The cloths make good dusters, too, and they can be used to wipe up spills in the kitchen, bathroom, etc. instead of paper towels. Use a new one on your pillow each night. They're soft and warm in the winter and it'll feel like a freshly laundered pillow case against your skin each night. Use one as a "loofah" after soaking in the bath. Use a couple after a shower/bath instead of a bath towel - saves on laundry soap.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Well done👍🏻

I Was literally just taking to my friend at how in my opinion, It does really illustrate how unhygienic people are to be psychotic over the potential loss of TP.

for real, in some places there is more consideration given to cleaning _chocolate_ of your hand then pop off your bum 🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮
    Is this still revelant?
    • Hahaha yeah, I'm curious I know you're an Asian, but an East Asian. Do you guys use a lots of have your own equivalent or something or nah?

• Well I grew up mostly Eastern Europe and U S but was very poor and lived with OCD Auntie. 😁

Definitely no money for a bidet. Didn’t have a bath till recently, Bathroom was too small. I’m happy I had a shower growing up. if I had to choose I’d choose shower though baths are fun I like to feel everything washing off. But certainly one can get very clean with a bath. 🌺

I used something similar plus TP plus jump in shower. I learned to time things so I could always shower after.. probably it is at least partly why I prefer eating once a day πŸ˜›πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ˜Š

• Nice to know☺

My bathroom is way too small for a bidetπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

And on a serious note, are you okay? I've heard the East Asian community is experiencing a lot of racism due to this virus, and I'm sorry about that it's nasty immature and there is absolutely no need.

I hope you haven't experienced any, and if you have or you do in the future and you just wanna blow off some steam about it- hit me up in the PMs I'll always be there when I canβ˜ΊπŸ’šπŸ’›

Most Helpful Guys

• Lliam
    With that lota thing, how do you keep dirty water from running down your scrotum?
    It seems like drizzling water down your crack will just spread wet shit. How does it actually wash you clean?
    And you said you still have to dry off with TP. Probably a lot of it to dry the entire wet area. Plus TP tends to disintegrate when it gets wet.

It's more thorough and almost easier to just jump into the shower for two minutes and wash your lower half. All you have to do is dry off with a towel.
    Is this still revelant?
    • "With that lota thing, how do you keep dirty water from running down your scrotum?"
      I wouldn't know that, I don't have testicles.

And it doesn't spread the shit, it washes it off, and it's not like soaking wet when you dry with TP either- so you don't have to use a lot.

Maybe it is easier for you to jump in the shower, I was raised with the lota though, with being Asian and Muslim.

• NineBreaker
    I agree.

I'm more of a fan of the handheld bidet. They're less than $30 at home improvement stores here in the US, and they're easy to install. Otherwise I would just modify a plastic gallon jug for a DIY lota. You should always use TP afterwards of course.

The combination of water followed by TP is the most hygienic option.
    Is this still revelant?
    • I mean a lota costs even less than $30 and it's smaller so if you don't have the space or money for a bidet just buy a lotaπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

But sure, just wash yourself after a shit for the most hygienic resultπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

• LOL Not a tegular bidet; I'm talking about the small hand-held one with a hoze connected to the tank. They're small and very effective. At home, I do keep a backup lota.

• In Britain we don't have those thoπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1131
  • theCobbler
    😘😎🔥 I love it ! Cool AF!

That's what I'd been saying !
    1. Do your business
    2. Wipe with your hand
    3. wash hands and A-hole... THOROUGHLY!
    4. REPEAT , Step 3 if necessary!

Who needs toilet paper! ?

Common 101r
    ( the r is for retards , lol)
    • Haha thanks man, but personally I don't think I'd use my handsπŸ˜‚

• theCobbler

LOL, well never say never, cause ya just never know... oops! I said never!!!

• πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Great point, had no idea! Goes to show where americans priorities are...
    is the rest of the world freaking about TP? We are full of crap!
  • WalsallGuy90
    Another well informed and sensible post from our favourite Spider-girl! Better than a lot of posts on this site, at least, though that's not saying much...

I was actually chatting about alternative measures to toilet roll with my colleagues the other day. I'm in an office where we haven't outright shut yet, but we're working to a skeleton crew and most of us are working from home - I'm one of the people who would rather be here in the office, and we're pretty lucky because the office has a big stock of toilet roll from before the outbreak, that we order in bulk anyway as a business. So a couple of us have already said, openly, that if it's not vital in the office we'll take some of the loo roll home to keep ourselves afloat. Given I've never been one to steal office supplies this would be a first for me, but I'm not the only one in the office doing it, and they've done it openly.

More to the point, at home the only toilet I use regularly is in the en-suite, which means I'm literally a metre away from the shower, and three metres away from a change of clothes every time I use the toilet. I live alone apart from a cat, and since I won't be going out to see family or friends for a while there's nothing stopping me from just sitting in my dressing gown and underwear all day when I'm not at work. So the easiest thing for me to do if I run out of loo roll, is to hop into the shower. That's my backup plan if stocks run short :P
  • COMMODOREII
    You know you could also use a bidet or install one of those designed for your toilets. 😎
    Bidet
    Bidet
    Seat bidet for toilet.
    Seat bidet for toilet.
    • Chris, we're Asian a lota will do for usπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Just bringing you to the 21st century my friend. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• That requires space and money thoπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Anoniemus
    LMAO.

Sound kind of like a bidet. I don’t know if I could get used to the feeling (though it’s cleaner).
    • πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Yeah it is kinda, but not everyone can afford to get a bidet installed or they might not have the space- so the lota is a compact affordable alternativeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Syrian_survivor
    I agreeee
    Toilet paper is overrated

Silly unpopular opinion here:
    If you don't use water to clean after you did the thing, YOU ARE DIRTY!
    Dry cleaning ain't cleaning!
    • πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

• kim45456

How do you clean there without touching there

• @kim45456 you do touch there, then you wash your hands thoroughly after you're done.

• You couldn't put that in a British bathroom. Someone would brew tea in it.
    • πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

"Britain's where I'm born and I love a cup of tea and that but tea ain't from Britain it's from where my DNA is at" - Riz Ahmed

Also tea is from where the lota is atπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• opnbuk59
    That seems like a lota work for such a shitty job of whipping your ass
    • I see what you did thereπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

But it's notπŸ˜‚

• HaveNoName
    But this is what we get...
    But this is what we get...
    • πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

"... And where the lota is at." - Added by SpiderManFan2002

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• HaveNoName

Hahahaha. Well, nice to know you @SpiderManFan2002 . May the Lota unite us all !!

• Yeah if tea can't do the trick, the lota canπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• DeeDeeDeVour
    Our toilets are equipped with bidets that can generate warm-hot water and dry our bottoms with soothing warm air. That'll do, right?
    • Hahaha I suppose so, but I live in England, and I don't know a single person with a bidetπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• andreasderjuengere
    I haven't used paper in years.
    • Please tell me that's a hose or somethingπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Ha hah :D Yes, it's a 'spray gun' - they are pretty much standard around here.
      Suggestion: you DON'T use it like a brush...

• HaveNoName

Often known as the "Muslim shower" in non-Muslim countries.

• eron5p62
    If we get locked down there won't be much to do not to hard to hop in the shower and wash ur ass after a shit it will keep u busy
    • Yeah true, but some people don't have showers only baths.

And some people won't have baths, only showers.

Just looking out for everyone.

• eron5p62

Well for people who cannot adapt from a shower to a bath or vise versa in a lockdown pedemic situation good luck when something comes along much worse like war food shortage etc.

I think what ur saying is people are to lazy to wash there ass with some water

I'll give a tutorial to help people out

Step 1- you shit

Step 2- turn the water on to desired temp

Step 3- turn the middle knob between hot and cold to change from bath to shower

Step 4- get in

Step 5- spread ur ass rise it out grab soap give a quick clean then rise again.

Step 6- get out dry ur ass and legs

Step 7- go back to what u were doing on lockdown

This process should take 3-4 mins congratulations you just cleaned ur ass with no toilet paper

• Nah if people don't have a shower or can't afford it don't have space for a bidet just buy a lotaπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚I've seen some as cheap as Β£2.49πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

And thanks for the tutorialπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘

• GraveDoll
    I always use wipes always have! my friends and the lot clams it my princess syndrome kicking in lol. So i have a ton of tissue in the guest bathroom but i actully locked it up

i dont want to get rob or get got LOL

but seriously i would just jump in the shower and wash my ass and uni clean much easier and just... more to my liking.
  • bailey11
    Or you can use pages from an old phone book or other kind of absorbent paper.
    • Is that hygienic thoughπŸ˜‚

• dianagirl

I've been doing it for years (front and back). I don't use newspaper because I'm concerned about the ink, and I don't rub (after urinating. The paper is absorbent.)

• Owen3
    Thank you and I know rightI've been telling people.. on another note 200- 1.7M deaths 8n the usa
    • Hahaha yep and damn, it's getting worse everywhere.

I give my college a week until it shuts.

• zagor
    But how do you clean without the shit running down your legs? At least on my ass it's in its natural habitat...
    • It doesn't run down your legs all you have to do is lean forward whilst you're sat on the toilet seat and pour

• dianagirl

That might not work for us women. Without getting too graphic, the water might go towards the front and we'd be in danger of getting a bladder infection (from the feces/water. That's why we wipe from front to back.)
      A wet paper towel (or other absorbent paper) might be better.
      But nothing can replace a good old-fashioned shower with soap and water. :)

• @dianagirl No there is no faeces in the the water, it's just plain water

• engel23
    Girl I am not a tea fan but you have ruin my tea image.
    I grew up with the belief of toilet time before a shower. That will insure you are totally clean
    • Haha my point by saying ""ThEsE AsIaNs!!! CoMiNG tO oUr CoUnTrY!! BrInGiNg ThEiR lOtAs aNd UsInG tHeM!! ImPoSiNG ThEiR cUlTuRe On Us!! ThEy mAkE mE sO AnGrY I tHiNk I'Ll gO tReAt MySeLf tO SoMe TeA!!" Was that you get these racist people who complain about how Asians come to "their" country blah blah blah (a lot of us are born in this country). On one hand they'll complain about Asians being here yet on another they forget their "British cup of tea" is actually from Asia India to be specific.

"Britian's where I'm born and I love a cup of tea and that but tea ain't from Britain it's from where my DNA is at" - Riz Ahmed

Anyway, moving back to the toilet point, it's best to just wash yourself, whether that be showering or using a lota or a bidet after you've done a number two xD

• engel23

I got it but I didn't want to go into the culture and racist bulls shit

• DWornock
    If there is a high demand for toilet paper, the price will and keep rising until someone meets the demand. There can be short-term shortages because of unexpected high demand; but, in a true market society, the demand and supply will always be met and in balance at some price.

If the price doubles or triples, do you really believe that suppliers that would make many millions of dollars at that price will not pay employees to work overtime to produce even more toilet paper?
    • Not really sure what, what you said has to do with the MyTake but I'll answer.

What you said, is likely to happen.

• DWornock

I went to Walmart today and they were almost fully stocked. There wasn't much sandwich bread, except the more expensive oraginic whole wheat and other specialty bread. They didn't have most brands of toilet paper but there was plenty of "Angel Soft."

• Jamie05rhs
    @SpiderManFan2002 This post is awesome! Thank you so much for the information. I always see those things in the bathrooms of the Muslim restaurants but I didn't know what they were.
  • bolverk
    If you cannot find a lota, ypu can always use the Roman method - a dedicated sponge - if you go full Roman don't forget the Vinegar, or the modern approach warm water, a mild soap and rubber gloves if your squeamish.
  • scooogy
    That toilet paper thing makes thing seem like either there are people who lived without toilet paper for ages, or there are people who seem to think "aliens might come to earth and steal my toilet paper" 🙄
  • BoxySama
    Stupid American, maybe you will get on the bidet train
    • I'm not American I'm British and from what I've seen bidets aren't common here like they are in the StatesπŸ˜‚

And on a serious note, some Americans may not have they money for a bidet.

• Sevenpointfive
    i can't do a handstand. how am i supposed to use this. is there a bathroom attendant?
    • I can't do a handstand eitherπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You literally just lean forward and pour the waterπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• so you've gotta pre-fill the pot before you blow lota dook? and then air dry? how can you be sure you got any clingers (dingleberries)? do you use your hand at all? i'm not sure this method is for me. i'd sooner pinch one off in the river

• LowSelfSteem
    My friends and Family and medical professionals are worried incase I get it because I'm pregnant.
  • karangill
    Asians use water instead of toilet paper, either way you're washing your hands afterwards so what's the big deal?
  • hobbledehoy
    I'm more concerned about running out of forests due to hyperchondriac arses
  • I_love_Jaguar
    It i really funny 😂 😂
    I know about Lota but never used it
    • Haha thank youπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

And I've had one for as long as I can rememberπŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ˜‰

• WhereAmI
    Yeeeah... no. 😂

A bidet with a blow dry feature would be nice.
    • Well if you have a bidet that's great but if not a lota is a brilliant alternativeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• nailu
    tp by itself is pretty gross, but that’s how we (Americans) were raised
    • Yeah, I mean the lota is how I was raised comes from my Pakistani culture and Islamic valuesπŸ’š

• nailu

Makes a lot mor sense than the way we do. Anyway, I’d love to get to know you

• Hahaha cool, just pop-up in my inbox.

• littleredhead
    It's not like were running out we can't keep it on the store shelves
  • jonesjessica812
    You run outta toilet paper you you get shot at grocery store
  • LexyIsSexy23
    So cute.
    And True
    • Hahaha thank youπŸ˜‚
      Never in a million years, would I have thought the lots would be described as "cute" thoughπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• @VIVANT sorry if we got off on a bad start.
      I've read some of your comments you seem lovely.
      Maybe give me have a freash start someday.

• Reguardless I'm sorry if I was a bitch to you about anything.

• Walrus_au
    Bidet attachment to your toilet.
    This is all
    • But can all people afford to get that attachment? Answer is no, and if they can't the lota is a good alternative.

• Goahead76

Bidet toilet seat attachments I've seen go from around $22 - $48 roughly.

• Walrus_au

MAX OF 100 bucks

• Miristheiss
    Or you can just shower a bit after
    • DianaWest

eek, then you'd be stepping in everyone else's shit when you shower.

• Mindwipe
    No thanks, I have a shower.
    • But some people don't so they could use a lotaπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• 1828avaava1828
    Interesting 😉
  • helplessLady
    I live in Uk too. I only did a hear a bidet
  • LEADFOOTboi
    Panic buyers are... STR8 retarded
  • SuccessfulHornDog
    Just dont mix up your iota with your neti pot :)
  • legalboxers
    bidets are cool too. Lotas are nice too (Im Asian)
    • Hahaha yeah, but in Britain as far as I've seen we don't have bidetsπŸ˜‚

And I never actually knew you were Asian, what type of Asian are you? I'm Pakistani :P

• the county which was at war with you guys forever. Im born and raised in NY though

• Lol India?

Yeah, I'm born and raised England.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ

• Cahittinsan_
    Hello lady. 😀.
    I have not use lota. :).
  • unknown20192019
    I have a bidet lol