My Skincare Routine - LilElph

LilElph

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for All Skin Types, Face Wash for Sensitive Skin: It's a simple, non- foaming cleanser. I prefer non-soapy cleansers because they are more gentle on the skin and less drying. This cleanser is non scented and is made with basic ingredients that are enough for a good clean.

My Skincare Routine - LilElph

Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Hydrating Toner with Rosewater, Alcohol Free, 98% Natural Formula: I like this tone because it is gental and works well. It nourishes the skin as it tones and cleanses it. The rose water smell is amazing.

Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 (By The Ordinary):
this serum is great for hydrating the skin. Hyaluronic Acid (HA) can attract up to 1,000 times its weight in water, and can draw in moisture from the air.

My Skincare Routine - LilElph

Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA (By The Ordinary):
I use this serum under my eyes and on acne scars to help with hyperpigmentation.

Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12%(By The Ordinary):
Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant, brightens ( not lightens) the skin tone and reduces signs of aging. It brings the skin from dull to glowing instantly.

CeraVe Ultra-Light Moisturizing Face Lotion with Sunscreen - SPF 30:
I like this sunscreen because it doesn't has that thick white film over your skin also SPF 30 is enough for me. Always put on sunscreen if your going outside and you use vitamin c on your skin. Otherwise the vitamin c won't work.

Cetaphil Moisturizing Skin Cream:
This is a good gentle moisturizer. Safe for the face. I use it on days I don't go outside.

Nighttime Routine

Wash Face

Apply Toner

Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% (By The Ordinary):
This serum is my favorite. Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) reduces the appearance of skin blemishes and congestion. This keeps your skin looking firm and healthy, treats acne, and does many more things all while being gental. Zinc helps to heal the skin.

Lactic Acid 5% + HA (By The Ordinary):
This is a very mild exfoliant. (I use 1 or 2 times a week)

AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution (By The Ordinary):
I thought this was over hyped at first, because I seen it all over YouTube. I thought it was popular because of the color. However, this works great. It exfoliates the skin while clearing pores. The deeper exfoliation helps fight the appearance of blemishes. (Use no more than one a week)

My Skincare Routine - LilElph

Buffet (By The Ordinary):
This serum target multiple signs of aging at once.

Granactive Retinoid 5% in Squalane (By The Ordinary):
This serum works to repair the skin. Retinoids help to reverse some signs of aging.

CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream:
great nighttime moisturizer.

[I Never use retinoids with acids, or 2 acids in the same skin routine. That is why I only use the retinoid 4 or 5 times a week etc.]

I find it important to listen to the skin. Some days I may skip a serum on a certain spot or all together if my skin doesn't need it.

I am not a dermatologist or an esthetician. I'm just a skincare nerd.

I especially like the ordinary products because they have quality products that are affordable. They keep their ingredients simple, and include high percentages for the price. It's a skincare nerd brand.

I will probably do a skincare series of mytakes going in depth of different ingredients and or products.

Thank you for reading 😊 Have a nice day.

My Skincare Routine - LilElph
7
9

Most Helpful Girl

• NickiB1
    cool.

I use the glamglow supermud clearing treatment. . (I use this once every 2weeks)
    (the rest I do every morning)

then i put some witch hazel on.

I follow that up with some shea moisture 100% extra virgin coconut oil to moisturize my skin

then I finish off with Mario Badscu facial spray with aloe cucumber with Green tea.
    Is this still revelant?
    • LilElph

Thank you. And thank you for reading it. I wasn't sure if anyone actually would lol.

Imma look into the glam glow treatment I'm curious.

• NickiB1

of course i would.

• LilElph

πŸ€—πŸ€— creepy hug emoji time

Most Helpful Guy

• shit i just put water and soap on that mf
    Is this still revelant?
    • LilElph

Lmao πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‹

• lol these scammers, its kinda funny

• LilElph

It was a scam? Crap 😭😭

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

86
  • Robertcw
    Where do you girls find all these products? 😂

I thought I was advanced for knowing about vit C and retinoids. I guess I'm not really as on top of skin care as I thought. lmao

The Ordinary seems like a legit brand. I've been using TruSkin Naturals and Nuetrogena products.

Specifically, the TruSkin Vit C cleanser and toner. It's got 15% sodium ascorbyl phosphate, which apparently is the strongest form of vit c available. After that I use neutrogena rapid wrinkle repair spf 30 for the day (retinoids + spf) and the rapid tone repair night at night (retinoids + vit C).

My skin hates chemicals so I'm really picky with any skim care product. The vast majority of them do not work for me, and cause allergic reactions. These amazingly do not cause reactions for me.

But I'm getting tired of buying all these expensive little bottles. I would rather just spend $300 once on a red light therapy machine. That does all the same stuff chemically and is sustainable and reusable. Seriously.
    • Robertcw

Oh and Mrs. Myers Clean Day hand soaps work really well as face cleansers. They're oil based so they're naturally anti bacterial and moisturizing. Has olive oil in it and it's only $3 a bottle for 12.5 ounces.

• LilElph

I find them from YouTube lol.
      I try to avoid scented skincare. Cause that is more irritating. That's a good idea

• Robertcw

I also have ultra oily skin. and oily scalp and hair. Honestly I wake up in the morning looking like there's gel in my hair, and with large pores on my face -- that's how much oil my body produces over night.

Always been this way. I think it's ethnic at this point, something to do with my southern Europe background.

Anyway, the vast majority of both skin and hair products are designed for people with dry skin. It's insane.

In fact, to find shampoo designed specifically for oily hair you have to special order a weird one-off product no one has heard of and it's usually a skin company that makes it, like I know Olay has a clay based ph-balancing shampoo for oily hair and Nuetrogena has something similar as well. Like, lmao wtf is that. πŸ˜‚

And then, I think there's not even matching conditioner for all these products. But some do. I think either Olay or Neutrogena has a matching conditioner but I can't even remember.

• Tish94
    Okay so I'm a dermal therapist so my routine is a little different

Health skin no treatments :

AM
    1. Cleanse once with 2 pumps purastat 5 -aspect
    * contains lactic acid to hydrate and brighten
    2. Hydrate - One pump Surge cosmedix
    *pure hyleronic acid
    3. Pigment- ¼pump ProLIGHT by Lira 🥰
    * treats both hormonal and Sunday age pigmentation see freqking results in 7 days
    4. Moisture- one pump super moisture complex Aspect
    * has retinol palmetate in witch only hydrates the skin nothing else
    5. SPF- Color science clear powder mineral SPF easy to reapply every 4 hours even over any make-up
    * also contains hyleronic acid in powder form

PM

1. Cleanse 2 times once with a gentle cleanser- aspect and the second again with the purastat 5 from aspect I leave it on and hop in shower so it can exfoliate while I wash my hair.
    2. Hydrate. Back again with Mr surge.
    3.( normal nights exstream c from aspect and ProLIGHT)
    4( active nights :
    β€’fruit enzime mask: literally the best freaking thing out there as it physically lifts of dead skin making it into little balls as you massage the skin 😮🙌🙌🙌 another retinol product for hydration
    β€’Dry skin needling. 0.25mm to 1mm Titanium needles applied
    ↕️↔️↖️↗️ in this pattern for about 15 minutes till skin is red or pin point bleeding happens. Excellent for acny scars or anti-aging.
    β€’My main man surge again🥰
    <don't tell my partner haha>
    β€’C4 retinol from Lira. This product changed my freaking life. Its only a 1% pure retinol but man does it pack the biggest punch ever 😍.
    β€’ mask time- ither the soothing mask or prebiotic mask but once a month I do what I call a freaking leave me alone facial and put on a sheet mask with peptides drink wine in the bath and eat chocolate. )

Other beauty things :
    Beauty shef: pre and pro biotics in Glow tonic Antioxidant elixir and gut health. Use with caution. That stuff is strong.

Now when I have had treatments 2 days before and 7 days after AM and PM is only gentle cleanse, Surge, and redless.

SPF always β™₯
    • Tish94

Sorry for any spelling mistakes and automatically corrected words haha

• nella965
    I use Korean beauty products, which work way better. And I try to stay away from as many chemicals as possible because it might end up doing more harm than good in the long run. I do not wash my face a on a daily basis either because it makes my skin dry out, regardless of how gentle the cleanser is. I wash my face with a water cloud infused cleanser using a sponge.
    • LeafLover

What is a water cloud infused cleanser?

• Faithfullycrazy
    I always see the ordinary products everywhere! Are they overhyped or worth it? Looking into ordering some of their serums!
    • LilElph

Honestly. I thought they were gonna be over hyped but I really love them. They are great on my skin

• looneymalooney
    jesus christ this sounds like the code that NASA lady wrote trying to land the first lunar module.
    • LilElph

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• for real now, do you have something for falling hair? I'm losing plenty when washing and trying to strengthen it.

• LilElph

Maybe try taking biotin supplements

• spuitkaas
    Mine is a little bit easier.
    At night I use:
    Primark gel cleanser with salicylic acid (it's from a collaboration with a skin care specialist)
    The ordinary niacinamide zinc
    La roche posay lipikar baume ap
    Benzoylperoxide when my skin is bumpy
    1 per week the ordinary peeling solution

AM:
    Wash face with water
    Vichy moisturizer (idk how it was called but it's in a blue bottle)
    Eucerin face sunscreen spf 50
    Makeup

I have dry, but acne-prone skin, which is hard sometimes. I still often have acne, so improvements on my skin care routine would be great.
    • LilElph

Back when my skin was dry out I used jojoba oil. That might help you. It's a light oil so it won't clog up your poors

• kangy
    My morning routine
    - Tap Water to wash face
    i'm from rice toner
    - SK-II facial treatment essence
    - Kravebeauty The great barrier relief
    - EDN moisturiser

My night routine
    -Farmacy balm cleanser
    -Krave beauty Matcha cleanser or Kora Organics Creamy cleanser
    - Fresh Rose Hydrating toner
    - Either SK-II Aura essence or Fresh Vitamin C Serum
    - Either urang brightening blue oil serum or Fresh Vitamin C moisturiser
    • kangy

Day routine include sunblock
      Night routine include I do sheet mask daily or sleeping mask

• Unit1
    Too bad, that these brands are limited in the US only. I was hoping for some generic products (like for example Nivea or body lotions) that are available pretty much around the globe or for some skincare tricks with generic items, that can be bought in drug stores or pharmacies.
  • Stonernights
    I just use a face soap once a day. My skin is super sensitive. If I use anything crazy different I'll have weird reaction or get pimples. I'm glad I can keep it so simple and cheap though. Proud of how nice it looks with out trying hard.
  • Ihatesociety2000
    Great skincare routine. I also use MCT oil (fractioned coconut oil) on my skin. It's great if you have dry or inflamed skin, like in my case. It also stops excessive oil production without clogging the pores, and it's really good at nourishing the skin.

The problem with my skin was that I was nuking it with tretinoin to get rid of my acne once and for all, and to make it stop producing so much sebum. The problem was, it left my skin dry, inflamed, raw, and painful, and it was constantly flaking. I felt disgusting. That problem went away when I started using MCT (and some other moisturizers with less success) on it.
    • LilElph

Imma look into mct

• @LilElph
      Definitely! It improved my skin a whole lot, and its amazingly cheap (and lasts awhile) for how good of a moisturizer it is.

Best of all it's good for preventing bacterial growth, and it's far nicer to sensitive skin than most commerical moisturizers are.

• Iron_Man
    I use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for All Skin Types, Face Wash for Sensitive Skin along with Aveno soap for dry skin
  • Baddie24
    Three things:
    African black soap
    Rose water
    Witch hazel

LIFE CHANGERS
  • EABsTUQ
    bump
  • SydneySentinel
    This feels very familiar...