Actresses Before & After Drugs/Alcohol/Health Issues

Barbara Pepper (Alcohol)

Pepper was first considered for the role of Ethel Mertz on I Love Lucy, but was passed over, purportedly due to the fact that she had a drinking problem. She was not hired onto the cast. Barbara Pepper died of a coronary thrombosis at age 54 on July 18, 1969.

Elizabeth Taylor (alcoholism & health issues)

Elizabeth Taylor battled alcoholism and painkiller addiction throughout her life, and was often drunk during filming, especially on the set of some of later movies. A brain tumor, skin cancer, pneumonia and congestive heart failure were some of her health problems.

Vivien Leigh (health and mental health issues)

Leigh suffered a severe case of tuberculosis and, although she took a year off, it left her vulnerable to a recurrence of the lung disease. But most devastating of all was the suffering caused by bipolar disorder, which saw her mood switch between terrible, crippling depression and dangerously manic phases.

Diana Dors (health issues)

After appearing in more than 60 films and enjoying fame and fortune as Britain's version of Marilyn Monroe, Diana died of ovarian cancer took her life at the age of 52.

Marilyn Monroe (drugs and alcohol)

During the end of her life, Marilyn was consuming, a great deal of barbiturates, amphetamines, opiates, the sedative Librium, and alcohol (Champagne was a particular favorite, but she also had a great deal of Sherry, vermouth and vodka). Marilyn died at 36.

Jayne Mansfield (alcohol)

Jayne Mansfield was an alcoholic, though what took her life was a horrible car crash. She died at the age of 34.

Demi Lovato (drugs and mental health issues)

Demi was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when she was 18. She had been on a bender right before, using alcohol and drugs almost daily, including Adderall and cocaine, and was forced to check into a rehab facility after she punched one of her backup dancers in the face for telling management about her drug use.

Anna Nicole Smith (drugs and mental health problems)

Smith was addicted to prescription medications. A psychiatrist said she met Smith in April 2006 in Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and that Smith had borderline personality disorder. She died at 39 years of age.

Jean Harlow (health issues)

In 1937, age 26, and at the height of her career, Harlow died of kidney failure and uremic poisoning. Some believe that the heavy-duty dying process may have led to her demise.

8
5

Most Helpful Guys

• pizzalovershouse
    All i can say is some problems can be from tumors in brain to heavy metal poisoning to by polar or even cemicals sprayed on crops so we never know what things are poisoning our bodies 1 lady said she use to have ocd an depression then she had her fillings that had mercury in them removed she got rid of depression and her ocd just goes to show effects to body
    Is this still revelant?
    • I had a buddy with a lot of intense mental health issues in high school and college. Lost touch with him, then reconnected a few years later. I had to comment after hanging out with him a couple days that he seemed like a different person and I asked if he had a new medication. Totally well balanced and none of the madness outbreaks of violence, etc.

"No medication at all." he said, "Turns out I'm allergic to red meat. Stopped eating it and no problems ever since."

• @zeitgeist057 😊👍👍

• Texaskid1
    Sad but I think a lot of these artists are a bit off to begin with.

I feel sorry for Marylin Monroe. She was passed around like a village bicycle. Not a happy women.https://www.youtube.com/embed/heQaJPFP5gU
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

56
  • silvermoon84
    You forgot to mention Lindsay Lohan before and after her substance abuse problem. I found this image on Pinterest Actresses Before & After Drugs/Alcohol/Health Issues
  • GoodGuyBreakingBad
    Thanks for sharing with us, It's a shame that so many people loss
    their lives to drugs/ alcohol and actors/actress lived hard lives with
    pills/drinking their fame went to their head just like Michael Jackson
    had his whole life to live cause of drugs he passed but I blame his
    Dr. Conrad for not stopping to give him injections to make him sleep
    he and the Jackson Five made songs together then they all went so low
  • DizzyDesii
    Elizabeth and diana were gorgeous. Marilyn and Annie was overrated. Jayne was aight. Demi annoys me just like Selena Gomez. I don't know the others but rip to all who died
  • Jjpayne
    This was fun and informative! Thank you! But I think part of this looks to be simply old age too but I'm sure alcohol played a role in it for sure
  • Bratsondanielle
    Proves what I always say. Don't drink smoke or do drugs. Thank you
  • When you are nothing more then viewed as just a piece of meat it's easy to get depressed and turn to something.
  • zagor
    Jayne Mansfield lost her head. Literally; her driver went up a highway overpass that was still under construction.

She is also the mother of Mariska Hargitay of SVU fame.
  • Julietchicago
    I don't know but if my face changed so much so fast like the woman in the top photo, I'd kill myself
  • pigoat
    I'm sad now 😢
  • OddBeMe
    Or me in the morning vs me in the evening.
  • msc545
    Seems like they just got old and fat.