Telling someone who is naturally very skinny and trying to build muscle but is having a hard time that they're "lucky" is a shitty thing to say

TiaraGlitzNeon

I see this way too often. Naturally skinny people / ectomorphs complaining that they can't gain any weight / muscle, despite eating upwards of 6,000 calories a day, and lifting incredibly heavy weights, which by the way, isn't easy at all. Stuffing their faces so full of food that their stomachs feel like they're gonna explode. Having to lift so heavy they're sore and can't walk after a few days of lifting and working out, just TRYING, just HOPING to get some results. And then on top of that having to have some random person say "You're so lucky" to them. Like please explain ONE thing to me.

How the fuck is having this issue "lucky" ? I get it. Being fat and not being able to lose weight, and having to stick to carrot salads in order to lose weight alongside a ton of cardio sucks ass. BUT being super thin / underweight and having to torture yourself trying to gain an ounce of muscle mass sucks ass too, it's a problem, it's just the opposite problem. If you claim that someone with this issue is "lucky" you have no idea. A ton of thinner people deal with body dysmorphia and severe body image issues just like bigger people do, thin people are always being called "skeleton" "anorexic" "too skinny" "crack head" "weak" "flimsy" "frail" "sick" and are constantly being told to eat a burger, all this because of their size.

Telling someone who is naturally very skinny and trying to build muscle but is having a hard time that theyre lucky is a shitty thing to say

Especially with men, being called weak or emasculate due to lack of muscle mass. Weight lifting is NOT an easy practice, as I've said and will continue to say, AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA IF YOU'RE A THIN PERSON STRUGGLING TO GAIN MUSCLE MASS, HOW MUCH IT SUCKS.

so if you're not getting the results you desire from it, I would never consider that lucky. You know who's lucky? The people who can gain and lose and change their body as they please. Not the people who have a hard time changing their body, thin or fat. Sorry not sorry, but I want to be fit. Not thin.

2
1
1Girl Opinion
2Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• ThisIsMyOpinion
    I know what it is to be on that boat.
    I was rejected by girls because I was to skinny. Took many years in the gym to develop mass. Years that would make anyone else collosal. I am in great shape and even the muscles in my back can be seen now. But yes it is very VERY ignorant, not shity, is pure ignorance to say that a skinny person "is lucky".
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

11
  • TheUniqueOne96
    Well said.

I like the fact that you pointed out people from both sides too, not just skinny people, but also fat people who struggle.

That being said, I think the main reason why people deem them as 'lucky', is because they've got something that they don't have e. g. if I were fat and wanted to be skinny, then I'd probably deem or think a skinny person is 'lucky', simply because I feel like I'd enjoy being in that situation.

The way to get out of it for a skinny person, however, would be to train, have protein and carbs and focus on eating foods that their body can use to help them rebuild the muscle fibres they're breaking down from working out anyway.

Having a ton of calories doesn't always work for everyone, especially if they're crappy calories that your body can't use and one stuffing themselves is uncomfortable, if nothing else.

Once again though, good points and I agree.
  • StacyMeet
    agree!