A Public Service Announcement (PSA) - in case this ever happens to you

loves2learn m

So at dinner I was minding my own business. Eating my sandwich from our local sub sandwich shop and eating the healthy alternative kind of chips (you know, the ones kissed by the sun) when BAM! All of a sudden I sneezed. Out of nowhere! And I inhaled a mouth full of said “sunny” chips.

Fast forward to 30 min ago, it’d been over an hour since the incident and I was still coughing my lungs up. So bad I peed my pants! (Stop laughing! 😠) I haven’t peed my pants like this since I was pregnant with my second child and barfing my brains out.

Don’t worry, I think I solved the problem. I took a *steaming* hot shower and am now drinking a *steaming* hot cup of tea. Haven’t coughed in 20 min.

I certainly hope this unfortunate situation never happens to you, but if it does, now you know what to do.

This PSA has been brought to you by the never dull life of l2l. If it helps just one person it was worth it. Goodnight all!

15
4
4Girl Opinion
15Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• MORPHEUS_12
    Well at least you know that your body is work as it should. Whenever food starts to enter your (trachea) which is your windpipe. This process keeps you from aspirating food into your lungs which can cause pneumonia. This tends to happen when you are distracted and talking while eating. My husband is a horrible mouth breathing so he eats out of the same hole he breathes out of.
    Like 2 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • I wasn’t talking. Just that damn sneeze lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• Cubus
    Hot tea is good for everything
    Like 2 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

314
  • AviatorTom
    Did you read the warning on the bag of chips? "Do not inhale"

Good to know next time I sneeze to take a shower and drink tea... as a precaution.

by the way, don't remember the last time I peed my pants. You have a fantastic memory.
    Like 1 Person
    • I have a fantastic memory for worthless shit lol

• Lliam
    Cleverly written. Very funny. LOL
    So the lesson is, don't inhale food. (I've done it. It's no fun.)
    It's a good thing you didn't go to the hospital. They would have seen a respiratory problem and diagnosed you with covid. LOL
    Like 1 Person
    • 🤣🤣🤣🤣 sun chip induced covid

• Lliam

Everything is covid these days. 🤣

• exitseven
    Wow, I knew coal dust was deadly but never heard of chip dust. Instead of black lung you get orange lungs?
    Glad you are okay. That sounds like it could have been an embarrassing trip to the Emergency Room.
    Like 1 Person
    • Could be worse. Least I didn’t get something stuck in an orifice. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• exitseven

One of those chips could really sting if it ended up in the wrong place.

• Yikes! That would be quite the PSA. 😳

• bowenw
    I hope you're feeling 100% now.

You have good taste in chips. I hate it when something like that happens and a few hours later a fragment comes out when you blow your nose. 🤧
    Like 1 Person
  • Mangospacho
    I thought you were gonna say you immediately started choking on the sun chips and that you nearly died choking but saved your life at the very very last second.
    Like 1 Person
    • That’s kinda what happened. Plus I peed my pants. 🤣🤣🤣

• matchrestore
    I hate when that happens. Although, having never given birth, I have not peed myself.
    Like 1 Person
    • I was only 3 months along and just puking my brains out when I repeatedly peed myself.

• GoodGuyBreakingBad
    Thanks for sharing that with us, believe it or not, that is how most elderly people in these rest homes or nursing homes get pneumonia from food that goes into their lungs glad you didn't choke :)
    Like 2 People
  • DizzyDesii
    I've been there. haven't eaten those bad boys since high school
    LikeFunny 3 People
  • Wiredone
    So, when you exhale does a ray of sunshine come out of your mouth? I'm glad you feel better 😌
    Like 1 Person
  • msc545
    I hope you don't have chip fragments in your lungs. Please see a doctor about this.
    Like 2 People
  • Jhonrembo
    Wow you must be healthy so many people love your questions and answers.😂
    Like 1 Person
  • nawtee_me
    the lady at work has a sign on her desk that says I laughed so hard tears ran down my legs... lol
    Funny 1 Person
  • pink_and_inlove
    Lmao girl are you okay now?
    Like 3 People
  • Cherry234
    Thank you for the heads up.
    Like 1 Person
  • Anpu23
    Glad it worked out. G'night
    Like 1 Person
  • Charliefretz329
    Hot shower and tea. Check
    Like 1 Person
  • rebeliouse
    what pants were u waring?