12 Soulful Days Til Christmas

DizzyDesii

I love so many different genres of music when it comes to Christmas songs. However, these 12 songs may not be well known outside of my culture so I wanted to share a little piece with each of you. I really hope you comment below that you enjoyed at least one of these catchy tunes. Let the soulful countdown to Christmas begin!!

12 Soulful Days Til Christmas

#1 WHITNEY HOUSTON’S ”JOY TO THE WORLD”

If you’ve ever watched The Preachers Wife where Denzel Washington comes down to earth as an angel trying to repair the marriage between a pastor and his wife, then you may be familiar with this song.

#2 THE SUPREMES “FAVORITE THINGS”

You may have heard this song on a million commercials. The lead singer is Diana Ross. I love that this version has that cheerful tune like Marvin Gayes “You’re a Wonderful One” from Bowfinger. But yea if you're not that familiar with this cover then maybe you know the original by Julie Andrews in Sound of Music or Ariana Grande’s remix in “7 Rings”.

12 Soulful Days Til Christmas

#3 THE TEMPTATIONS “SILENT NIGHT”

I really love their Christmas songs. Eddie killed this song with his light voice but of course many give more credit to the bass in Blue’s voice. Lmao sorry but the depth in his voice scared tf outta me as a kid so no thanks 😂 Anyways, you may be familiar with this song in the intro of the film Friday After Next when Rickey Smiley dresses up as Santa and robs Craig and Day Day.

#4 THE TEMPTATIONS “RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER”

I had a hard time choosing between this song and their other great hit “Give Love on Christmas Day” but i figured everyone was more familiar with Rudolph. I find this to be a comical version of the song the way they sing it at the end haha

#5 THE EMOTIONS “WHAT DO THE LONELY DO AT CHRISTMAS”

For those of you who thought Elvis “Blue Christmas” was sad af, I’d have to tie it with Luther’s “Every Year, Every Christmas” and THIS! I know its not good to cry during the holidays but these songs are just so dang good. I also enjoyed when my teacher would play it in class.

#6 THE OJAYS “I CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS”

This song hits harder than “Silent Night” and It goes like this: January slows... February snows... Spring it takes so long... Summer's hardly gone... and iiiiii caaaaan't wait... I can hardly wait for Christmas

#7 A FEW GOOD MEN “SILVER BELLS”

This is probably one of the best Christmas songs I’ve ever heard in life. I really think you’ll love it. Nuff said!

#8 BOYZ II MEN “LET IT SNOW”

Their cover just sounds so angelic and melodic to my ears. I love how they slowed it down. This is baby making music, i tell ya!! I can't get enough!!

Okay, so warning... These next four songs may be a bit much for some especially if you dont like rap music. But I’m gonna give it a go anyways because I found these really entertaining as a kid!

#9 TLC- SLEIGH RIDE

This is about as catchy as Vanessa Williams cover in her movie A Diva Christmas Carol

#10 MARIAH CAREY “ALL I WANT FOR Christmas (SO SO DEF REMIX)”

I hate the original version just as much as many of you do. But this remix is on point. Im sure the kids will love the animated music video of Mariah Carey, little Bow Wow, and Jermain Dupri just as much as I did. And omg the way Mariah hits that end note

#11 QUAD CITY DJ’S & 69 BOYZ

From the singers of “My Boo” (which is now deemed as the overplayed Ice Age film song) and “Tootsie Roll”, I bring you the remix to 12 Days of Christmas. This song is probably the funniest Christmas song i ever heard but hey it makes u want to twerk. You prob saw it performed on an episode of Jerry Springer but it goes something like this:

I want 12 disc changers... 11 filly blunts... 10 karat gold... 9 sega tapes... 8 gold teeth... 7 pairs of jeans... 6 pints of beer... 5 fresh gold chainnnnnnns... 4 thirty smokers... 3 pack of draws... 2 girlfriends... With 1 Cadillac to put it all in!

#12 SNOOP DOGG & NATE DOGG “SANTA CLAUS GOES STRAIGHT TO THE GHETTO”

I know, I know... this one is a tad much but Nate Dogg had a great singing voice and Snoop Dogg’s rapping just makes it that much better. Its pretty funny in my opinion 🤷‍♀️

Have a Soooooooulful Christmas 🙌 #FeelFreeToList #SoulfulChristmas #ChristmasCountdown #12SoulfulDaysTilChristmas

12 Soulful Days Til Christmas
12 Soulful Days Til Christmas
22
6

Most Helpful Guys

• Lliam
    That's a fun list, DizzyDesii. There were a couple that I had never heard before. It's a nice change from the same, worn out old standards.
    Have a Merry Christmas!
    Is this still revelant?
    • DizzyDesii

Yea i love that these are the underdogs haha

• Lliam

Wow! Thanks for the MHO!

• Liam_Hayden
    Great ones. I always liked this one. He was one of my grandma's favorite singers.https://www.youtube.com/embed/rEyV8gnC4aQ
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• lilyanony1
    It is so cool that you made this thank you xxx
    Is this still revelant?
  • Blahla
    I’m loving this playlist lol
    Is this still revelant?
    • Blahla

I know all these songs lol

• DizzyDesii

So glad someone knows them haha

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

420
  • Hans222
    A well timed Mytake Desi :D
    Merry Christmas to all!
  • Creepazoid
    I didn't know Favorite things was a Christmas song - never heard it outside of commercials and movies. Here one I just found of a group I used to listen to. Enjoy 🎅🎅🎅 https://youtu.be/Y_lbLol5CRI
    • DizzyDesii

Lmao it reminds me of the last 4 i posted above 😂 listen to 69 Boyz above

• Lemia
    My Christmas songs used to Last Christmas and Stay another day because I felt alone and unloved but this year despite having a girlfriend its my only wish by Brit Brit
    • DizzyDesii

Oh thats nice. Are you familiar with any of the others above?

• Lemia

Most of them yes

• I love this!! I own a number of motown Christmas CDs. I actally visited the place in Detroit, I was in heaven :)
    • DizzyDesii

Omg so lucky

• Jjpayne

It was one of the highlights of life :) so cool to share the space where legends made history

• GoodGuyBreakingBad
    Thanks for sharing your MyTake with us , well appreciated very much :)
  • razelove
    I hate to be the grinch, but I hate Christmas and all things related to it with a fiery passion. Except seeing my little girls open their presents. Every other part of it I could skip or watch burn happily
  • justcurious2019
    i never heard of these songs before but thanks for sharing Dizzy
  • KittyMilk
    Lol great selection got me in the holiday mood.. wheres my ho ho ho
  • Connor-RK800
    Lovely selection. Now I just remembered all the responsibilities i have. I always cave into the pressure, take a whole year rain check, and then I realize I'm 26.
    • DizzyDesii

What made u realize responsibilities

• Connor-RK800

Cooking, gift buying and packaging, guest list, guest invitations, last parts of cleaning, attending a winter holiday charity, all that, ya know.

• WhiteSteve
    You had me at the Don Cornelius meme lmao👍👍
  • ButtaGrey
    TOP TEN MUMBLE RAPS OF Christmas

10. The Twelve Nights and Thirteen Days
    of Christmas in Harrison County Jail.

09. Jangle's Bell (Jingle's ass in chains)

08. The Little Runner Boy (what'cha need)

07. Rudy's off and snorting up his red nose

06. Silent Night (end of a snitch part 1)

05. Frosty The Snow N*gga (had a very
    shiny gun)

04. Joy to DA NOISE (we all have heard)

03. Santa's Claws (he's digging out now)

02. Merry Ho Ho Ho (back that thang up)

01. Holiday Homicides ( feat little Junior
    little Half Itchy and Tone Deaf Capone)
    • DizzyDesii

At least i know i can dance to those 🤣

• ButtaGrey

Make sure you jerk like you're seizuring when they do that syllable stuttering 😂

• Skyrim5346
    Where is Christmas in Hollis by RUN D. M. C.
    • DizzyDesii

Lol i know that one but its not in my top 12. Prob not even in my top 20 😂🙈

• Skyrim5346

yeah sorry I'm a movie fan and it's in my favorite movie Die Hard so when I didn't see it on your list I just had to say that

• DizzyDesii

Do you know any of the other above

• AngelLily
    Great list❤🥛🍪❄🎄
  • lookin64
    Hey those are great songs by great artists
  • DanZaan133
    Do you celebrate Christmas as a Christian festival?
  • winterdream733
    Can’t believe we still
    Celebrate Christmas in 2019
  • KaraAyna
    Interesting take
    • DizzyDesii

Thanks. Familiar with any of the songs above?

• KaraAyna

Yeah i know snoop doggy and tic

• Asianqueen93
    Great choice of music.
    • DizzyDesii

Thank you. Are you familiar with at least one of the above? I find Mariahs animated video adorable

• Asianqueen93

I've heard most

• DizzyDesii

Yay :)

• BigDaddyEric6969
    Love em all
  • Rex_007
    Adding these to my Christmas Play list!!
  • ranvirzone
    Great
    • DizzyDesii

• ranvirzone

Not all of them but yeah with some of them

• Smf1989
    good picks
    • DizzyDesii

Thank you. Are you familair with any of the above? I suggest the Mariah Carey one

• Smf1989

Yes all of them

• daanzaan
    Honestly, Hogwarts Christmas parties are the best
  • Bismarck_96
    I like the stille nacht version