Why you are ugly.
A lot of people might read that title and feel offended, but it’s very simple.2 words... Beauty. Standards.
Beauty standards are always changing, no one can catch up. It’s an ever lasting chase of wanting to be beautiful and gorgeous and for EVERYONE around you to like you, envy you and say “wow she’s pretty” or “wow he’s handsome”. EVERYONE wants pretty privilege. Your looks are how people see you, how you first meet. If you are “ugly” it’s actually scientifically stated, you get worse treatment then if you were “beautiful”.
We are scared of not having the ideal features because we don’t want our “ugly” features being made fun of, it makes us depressed, anxious and just overall lowers are self-esteem. EVERYONE wants to be happy, which is part of the reason why people get so jealous of other peoples looks, they want to look beautiful, it would fix all their problems, make them happy. And everyone wants to be liked and loved and thought well of.
No matter what anyone says, “EVERYONE is beautiful in their own way” and so on is just unhelpful. Well if that’s the case, why are there more beautiful features, why are there models and just well.. normal people. EVERYONE is beautiful, but some people are just more. It’s the hard truth, and you already know it. And it affects a lot of people, especially women/girls.
If you are feeling down and insecure about your looks, I have some advice,
1. you can do so much with your looks it’s crazy, sure it may need money to do some of those things but still, there are so many options like hair, nails, weight, makeup, teeth, skin and many more.
2. everyone have the potential to look good, you just need to find things that are flattering on you. I’ll show some examples later of flattering vs unflattering there is a big difference.
3. Online media is usually not real, heavily edited, lots of makeup, lighting etc... I’ll show some examples later also.
4. Most important thing is to be healthy, getting loads of implants, fillers and all sorts of foreign substances being put in and injected into yiur body and face can lead to bad health, if you are really unhappy about something, make sure you know the risks and don’t go overboard. And make sure you are at a healthy weight, healthy diet etc, as long as your healthy it doesn’t matter as much what you look like. Health comes first before appearances.
Flattering VS Unflattering
1. Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev)
first of all before anyone gets mad at me, she is beautiful both ways, just the first picture with her straight hair just looks nicer it’s more flattering.
This is how she looked season 1.
This is how she looked season 4.
As you can see in the first picture her hair was more flattering and so was the makeup it was embracing her features I feel like same with her clothes, they are cute, practical and they embraced her body shape.
Her hair definitely doesn’t suite her as well, the side parting, the style and the red stripes. And her style is more edgy not very flattering, it doesn’t embrace her body shape, face as much, and I’m pretty sure she is wearing different makeup or no makeup, so you can see the difference of how makeup affects the face.
Here are some other examples:
most of these are clothes but it does apply to everything! Make sure you are embracing your features that’s what looks best.
(all pictures are from @false_beauty in Instagram)
just look at these examples.. there are so many:
As you can we, these people have gotten surgery. And there are so many other people that get surgery and edit their photos loads. Don’t compare yourself to fake beauty.
Thanks for reading feel free to put your opinions in the comments below!! ☺️