Women’s Day

#PressforProgress

Feminist and proud

Today is women's day, and In my country (spain) you can skip school as a form of protest. So I did and at 12am I went to a student march to promote equality. I've gone to at least a handfull of protests, but this one made me feel inmensley proud. For the couple of hours I spent there, I was overwellmed with this sense of pride by seeing all this young girls amd women, men and guys all together to fight for our future. It made me tear up, and gave me the hope to think we are getting there, very slowly, but getting there . And hopefully, one day, my daughters or grandaughters will be able to do whatever they want without having to think about their gender.

Feminist and proud

1328

Most Helpful Girls

• I would have thought Spain's economy had more to do with women not being able to do/be what they want then what Spanish men "allow" women to do.

But I understand the love of feeling like you are doing something wonderful and righteous and the sense of wonder and awe you must feel in seeing so many others doing it as well.

I just think this is all unnecessary and embarrassing. I do not know how it is Spain but in America women have already won the fight of equality quite a long time ago. Those were fighters.

To see it now, tt is all a bit ridiculous and annoying and quite frankly, it has taken women backwards in the fight for equality. In America, they want to be special not equal.

It is dumb, boring and wrong. Three things I hate in a good idea. :)

• That´s just stupid. Our generation of women can do whatever we like. In the western world, that is. What about muslim women, who are not allowed to even leave their house on their own, can´t travel, choose their profession etc. How are your skipping school going to help them?

Most Helpful Guys

• last time I checked Spain is west nation, pretty sure women have enough equality there so I seriously do not see what the hell you need to PROTEST over

https://imgur.com/PcDN57w

• I do understand that women have much greater issues in non-Western nations, and that is a problem that should be addressed.
      By protesting we aren't only defending our rights, but the rights of every single woman around the globe.

• So basically all you and all those women in the rally did was go out cry and whine about rights you all already have. Till then NO, the only way you can save the women outside the west who have no equal rights or status is to go out there (to their nation) and put some effort in saving them. Trust you're not getting anything by bitching in your comfort zone.

• Spain discriminates against men you feminists aren't not for equality thats why nobody likes feminists and the majority if people dont consider themselves one

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GjgBfklmYj8

Also spain this is why your right wing party is gaining ground people are tired of your lies

• In my school, there was no one in the classrooms yesterday, guys and girls BOTH left school, and it was like this in all schools I know

Join the discussion

1126
  • Feminism = Misandry
    You should be ashamed of yourself. Getting brainwashed with ideologies that promote hatred towards men and boys. Hope you never have any sons.

• Feminism is about equality not hate towards anyone.

• 7d

@SkipStop "Manipulation", you guys have it in your blood, the reason you guys deserve to be hated but UNFORTUNATELY, feminism is only about equality and not really misandry & most women choose to keep up with you'll & that's sad, I dream how better the world would be without men. Also, you guys don't want equality (feminism) coz it won't be as convenient for you as this world & fucked up past era was so yeah, you're gonna bring these stupid equations trying to prove how feminism is toxic blah blah

• 6d

@Legendary_Shark Egalitarianism = Equality.
      Feminism = Misandry. And you know it's true. Just look at your own actions and words. Look at protests. Look at how evil feminists react whenever things actually become equal such as due process for all instead of #BelieveAllWomen. And more and more and more. We can argue non-stop.

• "without having to think about their gender" feminism seems to care quite a lot about a person's gender. Anyway, what specifically are you fighting for when it comes to equality?

• so what exactly was the equality issue you were protesting for? i mean i assume if you protest against inequality, that must mean there is inequality. which is that?

• I understand you. There were also a couple of protests in Portugal but I didn't go.
    I feel like there's no point in protesting since this is a sexist country and unfortunately that will never change...
    Here, lots of women die due to domestic violence and the government doesn't care about them.
    But, it's really good to see that Spanish people are fighting for a change :)

• Men die from all sorts of violence all the time but nobody cares about them either

• I'm a little confused you celebrated women's day by joining a protest for women?

I mean that just makes no sense and in my opinion is making feminists look even worst. Do you really want women to be known for the type of people to complain all the time?

• Feminism is not needed in Europe (in 2019) but there is other parts of the world like the middle east that needs it...

• It's a giant waste of time, they should focus on being more productive instead of standing around getting nothing done. No matter how much they protest they can't be anymore equal, unless you count being drafted in war.

• When they're really caring too much about men not crushing their balls in public transport and ignore women being whipped or stonned in Islamic countries for taking off their headscarves I guess they don't really care that much about women's rights...

• What are you protesting against precisely? Also, while there are things like Yellow Vests, Catalonia's independence and other bigger problems, you chose to protest against unknown things? And you even skipped school for that? You also feel proud about all of this? Geez, I'm speechless...

• Great to be proud. But Feminism is a hard sell to men with functioning testicles. Fortunately, East Asian and Latina women actually like "toxic masculinity".
    Feminism, which is a mental disorder, is a partial cure for an even worse affliction... racism. Why? The more defiant marches you participate in, be better Asians, Blacks and Latinas, who are not infected, look to us. Feminism will result in the much coveted Browning Of America and Europe.

• Nothing is wrong with fighting for women equality 😊. Thankyou. @ mar_

• Oh dear. You mean ignorant and pround?

• Why do you think I'm ignorant?

• I'm not tho. I don't hate men, I just want to be treated the same as them

• Do you seriously still believe we live in a patriarchal world that you still need feminism? As if women aren't allowed to vote, work, drive and support the family. You're given the choices to do men's responsibility but women chose not to and has nothing to do with discrimination. The wage gap you say? Ok get out of your cushy air conditioned work place and do those filthy and deadly jobs men do.

• When you say "feminist" it sounds like you mean Patricia Heaton equality feminist rather than Brie Larson Toxic Avenger Obnoxious Feminazism. As such, I agree with you.

• Smh.

• being a sadistic degrader is way better than being a feminist, trust me

• You idiots are like the Hitler Youth. Congrats.

• 17 and easily programmed. Ideologies are stinky

• Yeah, you'll definitely get there. Prepare yourself for a genderless society.

• cringe

• Cough cough get deported

• all love💘

• You go girl! <3

• "fight for our future" 😂😂😂

• What did you protest though?

• ❤❤Good job!

• What do you believe is unequal?

• You all BBQ any guys today?

• Ok baby

• Good take

• 4d

Still waiting for men's day to come around

• l Respect you

• 6d

Long live men.

• How can men and women be equal if god himself has made different. Have some sense. Both are good on there part but they cannot be equal

• International women day? yada yada yada and blah blah. And I am against feminism

• I don't identify myself because here women (in West) have more privlige than men in many situations. However I understand if it would be about middle east but West nah.

• And yet you're still single

• It's one thing to be a feminist, but, not if you're single. We call those "bitter old women", because they can't seem to find a man. once you have a man, you're certainly allowed to be a feminist

• Unless of course you're gay or bi, then it would be the same, but, with women

• She's 17, I don't think "single' is unusual.

• What inequality? I’m genuinely curious, I know you won’t answer though 🙄

• There are many examples. The wage gap or how women are seen as less suitable for leadership positions.
      There are also other things like the fact that often rape is blamed on girls rather than rapists.
      In Spain there has just recently been a very controversial case of this, here check it out
      elpais.com/.../1524824382_557525.html

• 1. Most of the time, the person that blames the girl for getting raped is the girl herself. Tragic, yes, but it's true.
      2. That's because women opt out of leadership positions most of the time because a lot of women want guys to do the leading, whether it be in a relationship or in a presidency. Think about it; people will VOTE for a female leader, but few women will actually run themselves. It's an instinctual thing, and there's nothing wrong with it. Just a fact.
      3. Men on average work more efficiently than women due to biological differences, take less vacation than women do, and take far more dangerous or physically taxing jobs than women do, like construction. There are women in construction, but it's a male-dominated industry. The 'wage gap' you claim isn't a wage gap, it's a small compensation for one gender doing more and harder work, and there's nothing wrong with such a thing.

• Such a great thing and such a great person. Great job!!

• So, what specifically is it you are fighting for? What in your opinion are the rights or privileges you are lacking that men currently have? What specifically do you think feminism is still going to accomplish for you that justifies supporting the movement that is responsible for so much hate and divisiveness today? Just curious.

• Still awaiting your answer.

• Still waiting...

• At this point I'm assuming you haven't responded because you don't know the answers.