What marrying a Registered Nurse (RN) taught me about being in love.

aarnasen

This myTake is inspired by all the doctors, nurses, and healthcare workers who have and still are working towards bettering patient outcome during the Covid-19 pandemic. Also inspired by new myTake from @DizzyDesii To Love Or To Be In Love

Bloopers: Being awkward last night just sitting in the dark, scratching my head on how to even start writing a myTake bwhaha.

Our struggles:

Hello! My partner is an RN, and she works full time plus being scheduled on call except for two days. On call is pretty much being called into work whenever they need you in the team, and she had to move back and forth given the whole pandemic had a strain on hospital staff these past couple years. This means I have to spend most of my time doing housework since she would often come home completely exhausted from work, and even leaving home in the middle of the night. I also have to cook a lot more just in case she has to take extra food to the hospital for the entire day. Free time for me is pretty much being on the internet, or chatting with some amazing like-minded friends I made last year through the Meetup App.

Staying up till morning when your partner had an emergency overnight shift during the pandemic. Is this called love?

Being in love:

Now did I sign up for this? Was she transparent about this sort of lifestyle? Yes. Yes I signed up for this. We got married back in July 2020 and she was clear about how her shifts were becoming hectic (because covid) and how much she wanted me to handle things at home. I said yes, and she talked to my parents about marriage. I fell in love with her somewhere between the months we spent supporting each other. I learned marriage is a teamwork, and there will always be different kinds of challenges heading our way. Love is something that is built, and once that's done there is no stopping the two who are in love from accomplishing wonders no matter their similarities and differences.

What I learned:

I learned that being in love is about being appreciative about your partner/lover no matter their flaws and no matter the thousands of arguments (no matter how non-petty) you have with them. Being in love isn't just some romantic crush you have or a romantic fling you get into just because you feel those butterflies. You 101% appreciate and WANT to support the one you are in love with... Being in love is a lifestyle, baby!

🥵
🥵
0
1
1Girl Opinion
0Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• DizzyDesii
    This is a beautiful story. Im glad it worked out for y'all. I dated two docs during these 2 years of pandemic, and yea, its just not for me lol. I need quality time and they wouldn't have been able to give that. But i was mature about it because they are doing a lot right now to help those in need. I commend them for at least calling me daily, even while on a work break. They showed lots of effort unlike some other dudes I know 🙄 Lol. But im so happy things are going swell for you
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
    • aarnasen

Thank you Desi!! Yeah being a doctor is like a whole another level of responsibility loll don't think I could deal with all that either. I definitely do agree people in medicine tend to take a lot more initiative in comparison to most people LOLL but that's probably because they tend to be more mature. You're so amazing you'll for SURE find someone who puts in lots of love and effort for you.

• DizzyDesii

Thank you. I hope so :)

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

00

Share the first opinion in your gender