Girlfriend calls me poor?

So my girlfriend tells me when she is with me she feels poor and thinks I need a second job. Mind you I live in a high rise condo, drive a Maserati, and pay for all our evenings out. She is constantly telling me her friends husbands and boyfriends shower them with gifts, vacations, and pay for theyr cosmetic surgeries.Is this some sort of gift competition, should I run?

87

Most Helpful Girl

• I did this to my boyfriend before but it wasn't about money, it was about communication and dates and other things like that. I got like that for two reasons: (1) I was/am surrounded by couples who talk 24/7, go on dates every week, live together, do EVERYTHING together and (2) a couple of my friends would say it's "weird" my boyfriend and I don't do those things. Of course I later had to realize that not only have my boyfriend and I been together almost 5 times longer than anyone else, every couple is different. I would say you need to talk to her and ask her why she expects certain things of you. If it's because of her friends and who she is surrounded with then you need to straighten that out; however, if it is for her personal well-being than yes, I would say run.

What Girls Said 7

• If it hurts your feelings or makes your uncomfortable you should tell her about it.

Maybe-just maybe she doesn't know that her comments are offensive. Some people just don't have a filter. See if what she's saying comes from a place of superiority/entitlement, or they are just comments of ignorance.

If you talk to her about it and she has no regards for how you feel or your financial situation, you need to leave the relationship.

She is your girlfriend, she is not your wife. Even if she has more money that you that doesn't give her the right to criticize what is yours and what you have worked for.

If you're too poor for her you need to show her the door.

• No. It's not and don't run. Tell her straight up that you guys are adults and are starting a solid income together. Tell her if she wants things then it should be fair that she gets a second job or a job in general sine I don't know your situation. I would never EVER tell my boyfriend that. It's not normal and it's not okay. No one is entitled, they earn it with hard work and dedication. Poor is surviving on food stamps. Poor is living in Ethiopia with civil wars and tummy bloat because there's not a good enough diet. Poor is getting a second job because you guys can't feed yourselves. There's wants and needs, and if she has a vast amount of wants then she should handle it. Stand up for yourself and she's dating you, not her friends' significant others.

• My advice: Run and stop thinking with your penis.

She sounds like an ungrateful airhead. You will be better off without her.

• Trade in the Maserati for a Hyundai...

Hope this helps

• Why trade the Maserati? Becuase it only attracts the wrong girls? that sux considering I worked a long time to get it and now I'm' being punished for my success. Great.

• run!

• She sounds like an immature gold digger.

*whiny voice* "But my friend got to vacation in Hawaii!"

Ugh, people like that are just high class hookers, haha!

My advice: RUN!

• Thanks, it really sux when you present a girl a good situation and they don't appreciate anything.

• Yes it does, and I'm sorry you're going through that.

I wish you the best! :-)

• she is obviously just using you... if the sex is good and you don't mind blowing your money on her then stay... if you want a real relationship, then yes, run!

• Well that is part of the problem, the sex is really good... prob the best I've had so its not easy to walk away. I need to start thinking with my other head though, and I think this may start to damage me integrity wise.

• the sex is good because its what your used too.. but it would be so much better with someone who respected you and loved you for you and not your paycheck.. if you just want sex, get a hooker and save the drama, see what I'm saying?

What Guys Said 7

• Dude if your between 30-35 and you have that kind of money don't settle for some chick who is only after your wallet... You can find a down to earth hotter girl. Give her the boot.

• Yea, but I'm starting to think once any girls sees that stuff its automatic user mode. I hope my success hasn't put me in a never find real love situation. That's really messed up if so.

• Would you happen to have a younger sister is equally successful?

Jokes aside, find someone worth your time, she clearly isn't.

• It seems like she's just using you for financial reasons.

Beware, she might also be cheating at you while your sights are away from her.

• Yo I'll be your friend bro, also I think you're poor, buy me more stuff.

I mean doesn't that sound a littttttttttttttle suspicious?

• You should run and run FAST. Get yourself a decent woman because that is only indicative of what you are in for if you have any intentions of making her your wife, and my friend that will be a living hell for you

• You're dating a c-nt. Dump her ass.

• Woah someone's being used.