Worst Things About High School

Worst Things About High School

Schools out for summer for me, and I'm full of mixed emotions. I'm sad that the school year is over, but then again I'm happy for many, many more reasons. There are some things about high school that I won't miss while on my summer break because they just sucked. Here are the top 10 things on my list of worst things about high school. Let's face it, we've all experieced at least one of these things during our small taste of the real world.

Homework

Nobody likes homework. It takes away from the free time that you get at home, and adds more stress to your day. I mean, didn’t we learn enough while being in school? Why do we need to bring school home with us, and rush to do some stupid homework and if we don’t are grades gradually drop? definitely won’t miss that.

Bitchy Popular Girls

One thing that you will come across in high school are those annoying popular girls. You know, the pretty, but mean popular girls who always are cheerleaders, travel in packs, and making out with boys on the lockers? Yeah, apparently Mean Girls can be a reality. It’s annoying to have to shove past them because their thrusting sexually on a boy’s junk on your locker while you’re trying to get into it. Yeah...no. I won’t miss you, girlies.

Mondays

Let’s face it, nobody likes Mondays. After partying and staying up past midnight, Monday is a total buzzkill. Getting up from your warm, cozy bed can be a challenge, especially if you barely got sleep last night. Just five more minutes, let me sleep, please.

Bad Teachers

You know, those teachers that take five months to grade one stupid worksheet? Come on, dude, I stayed up till three in the morning doing that essay. Do me a favor and let me know my grade on it faster? I did your work, can you at least give it back sooner?

And we all know that one teacher who yells at you for doing virtually nothing… But the guy next to me started it!

Tests

Nobody. Likes. Tests. Especially standardized ones. They barely do anything good, but cause you unnecessary stress and sadness when you find out you were literally one point away from proficient. So close, yet so far away. They just want to make you bang your head against the desk.

Annoying Classmates

There’s that one guy who always asks questions. There's that one guy who won’t stop tapping his pencil. There’s that one girl with her phone under her desk, you know, having a thumb war with herself. There’s that one guy cracking dick jokes. Yeah...don’t be that guy.

Bullies

Bullies. Nobody likes those kids who harass you to the point that you don’t even what to come to school anymore. Come on, could they at least be considerate and stop causing us to be insecure, and to hate ourselves? They’re literally wasting out time and depriving us of our right to be educated. It’s sad, especially when your school doesn’t even put in the effort to stop it. I won’t miss those bullies.

Too much stress and pressure

From homecoming, to prom, to tests, and everything else going on, it can be quite stressful to manage. What dress am I gonna by? How’s my hair gonna look? What outfit should I wear on Tuesday to impress my friends? Yes, the pressure to fit in gets to us. That’s just how high school is...a popularity contest most of the time.

Drama

Omg, did you hear Sally died her hair blonde?

Omg, that girl is so fat.

she’s soooo annoying!

Kate was sexting my boyfriend!

Guys...do me a favor and stop gossiping about people! I want no part of your pointless drama that adds even more stress to my already stressful school day! I won’t miss that, ever.

Teachers that tell you behave, but don’t “behave” themselves

You know, that one teacher that tells you not to bring food into the classroom, but has a whole Golden Corral buffet on their desk! Or, they tell you to put your phone away, but their fingers are twiddling away on theirs. Yes, I know there are rules that we should follow, but you don’t have to do that, really. Don’t, please.

***

What do you, or did you hate most about high school? What did you like most about high school? These are just my personal top ten things, but you may have experienced different things. Comment down below what you hate and love about school. :)

3537
RainbowFanGirl is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• I went to a religious high school. There were two constants: leadership issues, and student scandals.

It began using the discipleship school model. Meaning, they took kids whose parents were already setting good examples at home, and restricted enrollment to that, so the kids would have a foundation. Meaning, they could raise kids that understood the organization's material, and could build on a base platform. To make them stronger in their foundations and able to defend what they believe, so they could be prepared to face an often clueless and skeptical world.

That was then. Then, the major operators behind that got old. Some died, others were pressured to leave. Slips in the cracks crept in. Shady shyster who lacked doctrinal integrity. And in the interests of being "hip" and "relevant" (and succeeding at neither), compromises crept in.

The immediate result was bitch fighting amongst faculty and board, leadership issues galore, hypocrisy at every level, disillusioned students, discontent, rebellion, adoption of a "mission school" platform (that they were ill-prepared to adopt), chaos, and an increase in student scandals.

It started off small. I went there when the worst thing to happen was some kids were merely suspected of being at a party where minors were caught smoking. With no proof, half the high school was suspended for a week - the same week I was out with the flu. I came back, it was like someone had dropped a bomb on the place. Everyone hated each other, and there was drama everywhere. And I was always the last one to have a clue what the heck was the deal.

Decent kids were bullied next, and trash took their place as parents got fed up and pulled out. The neighborhood demographics changed, and it went from white trash to black trash. Sex scandals are almost insignificant there these days. It takes a cocaine scandal to shock anyone there now.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, high school isn't a walk in the park, but it really is what you make it. Having just graduated, I already miss it more than I anticipated. The people that knocked you down only make it harder for the next person who tries. The classmates you may or may not have ever talked to are all you know at this point in your life, so one way or another, you'll miss them at first. As a freshman and early sophomore, I never dreamed I'd get a solid group of friends that would stick together, but I did, and let me tell you, leaving them will hurt like nothing I've ever felt before. Making friends isn't easy, and the smaller the school, the harder it is, but I've found that if you open yourself up and stop caring what others think, it becomes a lot easier. You'll miss the people you loved, you'll miss the people you hated. You'll miss the clubs or sports you gained leadership roles in, and you'll miss the rooms you frequented for sanctuary, be it a classroom, gym, or library. You'll miss your good teachers and not regret the bad ones because they still taught you something: how to pass a class that really sucks, because that's basically all college is. Most of all, you'll miss the person you once we're because from this point on, you'll never be the same. After graduation, you'll realize all too quickly that your childhood is over. Everything you ever knew is disappearing, and love it or hate it, you'll desperately cling to it for as long as you can.

• I know, actually I enjoy high school a lot. This take was a joke if anything. I asked a question about what I should write about, and a lot of people said I should write about terrible things about high school, so I did.

• Haha thanks. :)

• At some point you will let it go since you are heading to college and or work at this point in your life.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 36

• I had only moved to America for like 3/4 months before I started HS and that shit fucking BLOWED more balls than a pornstar! I didn't have the bullies, the stress of doing good, drama/gossip or them bitchy popular girls. I actually liked the hw because it gave me an excuse to stay locked up in my room so I would have to deal w/ my parents constant fighting, those annoying classmates would usually shut up if you told them to, I actually loved the Mondays then I could go to school and see all the homies n homegurls when I actually made some friends.

• The only thing I miss about high school was being part of the wrestling team and the men's choir. That's it. I do not miss having to wake up at 5 AM every day, nor the subpar food, being given homework, and especially the stupid sluts & fuckboys that infested my school.

Before anyone assumes that I was some kind of friendless loser: One, I had plenty of friends. In fact more than I could keep track of. Two, I still talk to a good number of those friends (both the ones who graduated and those still in school). And three, suck my dick.

• To me, they treat like a baby in high school. In college, you can wear anything you want to wear and do not care if you show up to class.

• "Omg, did you hear Sally died her hair blonde?"

I don't want to seem like the spelling nerd here, but seriously?

• I'm kinda sad after graduating. High school was pretty good for me, besides the homework.

And I could never pinpoint the "Mean Girls" type girls. I still think that's just a Hollywood thing.

• Damn, School, And everyone in it, Can go fuck themselves. Worst days of my life in that fucking shit show.

Nice take.

• Haha so true... Desi is gonna face it.

• That would be homework and the teachers refusing to let me go use the restroom and when I just tell them fine I'll just pee in the trash bin in class then they send me to the deans office...

IF I GOTTA PEE I GOTTA FUCKING PEE

• You forgot to mention the extreme use of cologne and axe body spray. I remember sitting behind this guy who smelt like he took a bath in CK cologne. The teacher could smell him from the blackboard , when he sits 10 rows back.

• I was a virgin and there were really beautiful girls I couldn't have sex with because I didn't know how to ask.

• High School never ends, even if you are working somewhere, someone will act as if its still highschool. Some people just can't learn, and it's all games to them.

• That is true but as you get older hopefully you can not associate and join in with it

• You might not be looking to join the environment of highschool, but it will come to you regardless of the fact if you liked it or not. Someone will make you feel like you are in highschool

• The worst thing about high school is realizing you can't go back there when you have realized high school is where the prettiest girls line lifetime was.

• Mondays are not going away. Too much stress and pressure you will have at times after high school from work, bills, things needing to be fixed etc. Bullies are out there and not just in high school.

• I remember hating a lot of that, now I look back fondly to how easy life was back then.

• Bullies made my blood boil so I picked fights with them and knocked them on their butts for the other students, but my biggest regret is when I realized how flirty some of the girls were toward me, but I never realized it. ;_;

• The worst thing about High School is that most people never outgrow it.

• High School was so easy i wish i could go back. College is actually hard and stressful i can't remember i time i was honestly challenged in high school or stressed about anything.

But i agree withe the bullying and bad teachers.

• Most of those things will be there if you go to college. Some of the things you said will still be there later in life when you start working like mondays, stress and pressure,

• I hated the tests on a subject we had not covered.

• wait untill you guys and girls get to college and universities... just wait. thats even harder than high school

• More from Guys
    16

What Girls Said 34

• there's so much! You basically handled all of them though.
    For me its super annoying when I walk into class and everyone just stares at me like I tripped and fell on the floor its like, "Am I that interesting cause you never seem to pay attention to me otherwise!"
    And yess! Omg the stress! The teachers act like they're the only one who teaches you and its the only subject you have but like "SURPRISE BITCH I HAVE 6 OTHER SUBJECTS!"
    I don't get bullied but I know all the cliche mean girls who fish for compliments on instagram with pictures with their cleavage hanging out and hook up with so many guys and see every girl as competition! And the drama! OMG. Any little thing will get a girl so bitchy, any little comment will end up in a cat fight! AH!

• My school was terrible. I was in a honors program in one half of the school, but the other half of the school was the "regular" part where all the ghetto kids were at. There was constant fighting (verbally and physically), and there were some teachers who were just terrible. Luckily, since I was in a honors program my teachers were great (for the most part). I hated the gossiping, I hate the cliques, I hated the "popular kids", I hated the homework, I hated the testing. My lord, the amount of testing!! The few things I liked about my high school years were my friends and the teachers. That's pretty much it. Otherwise, I'm glad I got out of that place. College is better. :)

• One of my male friends was dating one of my female friends and it all went suddenly bad. I felt like I was put in the middle of that drama. It happened the summer between sophomore and junior year so I went to stay with family in a whole different county to get away from it the rest of the summer. They still weren't talking when school started. They didn't talk until like 25 years later and now we're all friends again lol.

• Hm.. I used to love high school.
    We didn't have the "Mean popular bitches".
    We had dumbasses that watched way too much tv and would try to classify others as that without knowing them or talking to them.
    I did hate homework though.
    I'd usually forget it. If I didn't do it in study hall or if one of my friends didn't do it for me I'd end up getting a zero.. Which really brings down your grades..
    I liked tests because they'd bring up my grade though, lol.
    There was that one annoying person.
    They were super annoying and tried to act cool just because they smoked. They thought being jerks to the teachers made them cool.. It was just super annoying.
    I didn't get stressed until the second half of my junior year, lol.
    That's when I started to hate just about everyone besides a select few people.
    People started to act really stupid around that time.
    Thankfully even in college I don't deal with any of that crap. Same for work.
    The system could be there in college and work, but that's only if you buy into it.

• HOMEWORK.
    that's was the death of me
    We don't really have rude popular girls at my school, in fact all of the popular people are so nice. There isn't any drama if you don't participate the majority of the time. Stress is what milled me this year, so happy for it to be over. But it just ended today and I already miss my crush... 😢

• I was lucky then. I had no friends and stayed out of people's business and just focused on homework. No drama, good grades, no bullying. It's a win win win. Works every time my friend :P

• There's also relationships (I guess that goes into drama) I agree completely though. I really dislike "popular" girls and guys who think their better than everyone.

• I hated high school, pretty much. I already graduated though in May and now I'm off to college and so happy. I didn't have a lot of friends in high school, and some of the teachers I had weren't the best, bullies, popularity, etc. I think I will like college more because people are a bit more mature and less judgement. I had girls in high school getting jealous of me and trying to start drama with me for no good reason at all, especially bullies but I'm pass that.

• you're going to feel a lot more stress once you go to university and your homework is going to be more complex, and you're probably going to get some bad teachers as well so compared to university, high school is easier. But one thing I don't miss is also the drama, I never really noticed 'b' popular girls because my school was pretty diverse and a lot of the popular people were actually nice. So I guess the only things I don't miss are the dramas, and the people who were all categorized and labeled. In universities, there's a lot of diversity and people are less judgmental and more mature in my opinion.

• Bad staff is better to say because it also applies to guidance counselors who can really fuck you over

• Ugh I can totally relate to all of these!! Another hing I hate is feeling compelled to join a conversation, that I don't want to be a part of! Like when people are spreading stuff, and starting drama, and I don't join in on their crap they question why I'm being so quiet. It's like why would I want to be a part of this conversation!!

• Bullying was the worst for me. You got to remember, teachers have it hard as well when they deal with a class of unruly students but while having to maintain a code and try to keep their job. I can't imagine going having 300+ students a day for 5 days a week and knowing that they're going to flat out disrespect me.

• High school was literally the worst. I'm so happy I'm done with that noise.

• HS was kinda great except when it comes to bitchy chicks

• Nice Take.
    High school is extremely dull for me. Nothing exciting ever happens. Save for math class.

• yeah yeah. honestly i never really went out. i like my me time. i had enough time to gets things done and got a lot of sleep. ignore the bad stuff. join things you like. high school is great.

• I'm not in highschool yet but I think the worst things in highschool are bullies and drama. I can handle all the other things though.

• I hated the teen angst that was present at all times. Everyone just looks for reasons to hate on others and everyone's insecure. It's a breeding ground for drama. Even though I was the quiet kid, I always somehow attracted drama and bullies to me.

• The last one ftw. I was an assistant teacher for over 6 months at my brother's high school. It sucks because teachers are bitches behind each others' backs, yet have to teach a module every Wednesday about how bullying is wrong. It's ridiculous.

• Nice take, during high school, I basically hated those 'popular girls', 'the teachers who don't behave themselves but except you to', and 'the gossip'.
    The gossip is always the WORST.

• More from Girls
    14