Men, What Is The Way To Your Heart?

Men, What Is The Way To Your Heart?

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

This is a very popular quote, which is in favor of women who can cook a delicious meal for the man of her choice. The dedication behind the woman shopping for food, putting together the ingredients, preparing it, and making sure it comes out great, is enough for any man to feel important.
When the man tastes the food, and it is as great as he predicted,
the woman has opened up a key to his soul!

The man has no complains.

He is satisfied and contented.

"Look at all of the trouble this woman went to make sure that I am enjoying myself.", a man may say to himself. This act of thoughtfulness goes greatly appreciated!
This woman is showing she knows how to take care of her guy by fulfilling one of our many required desires for survival, "food".

Some people may mis-interpret this quote and say, "If I can't cook then is this quote implying that I'll never have a guy that will fall in love with me?"

In my opinion, this quote shouldn't be taken so literally.

I think the deeper message that lies in the above quote is that,

If you take the time and dedication for the man of your selection, to do something you know he will enjoy or you perform an act that is thoughtful, it will really go a long way!
It may just be the push that your relationship needs to steer in the right direction.

It doesn't necessarily have to be cooking,

It could be listening to him.
It could be accompanying him to his favorite event.

It could be showing your support to something that means a lot to him.

It could be anything!

As long as you show that you care, it is the direct way to a man's heart.

I think "food" is just one of the many ways to get there.

Men, what is the way to your heart?

1291
Stacyzee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Awesome Take! Agree on all points! Funny, cuz I was gonna write a Take on women and cooking later on, lol.

For me, the way to my heart is: a woman has to be able to connect with me mentally and intellectually. Have unusual character and a sensual personality like min. Not have a problem saying my name (it seems to be that a lot of people in my life through the years have a problem calling me by name, and it's a very normal name). Be very passionate about sex. And have the courage to be a woman.

• Great minds think alike :)

• Ok, I got you.

• Well said! "courage to be a woman"!

Most Helpful Girl

• A friends grandmother once told us the way to a mans heart is to keep his stomache full and his balls empty. Lol. I think that pretty much dums it up.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 90

• Fastest way into guy's heart?
    static2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../...in_and_Danzo.png
    Lol. Jk.
    But seriously, I think it's empathy, to realise someone's pain and relate it to your own. I think that's where real bonding actually starts. Anyone for that matter. Men or women. If someone can understand and relate what's going on with me. I find it way easier to open up to them.

• 1. Be fun loving. Be willing to be a little bit of a goofball.
    2. Be supportive, be positive.
    3. Show you actually give a damn about his life. Make note of details, like remembering when he gets off work, or upcoming events, or such.

• I like it when people are themselves, so instead of trying to please everyone around them, they just mind themselves and if that happens to please people around them, then good. But going out of ones way to be someone you're not, doesn't grab my attention.

I don't really care for a pretty face, If people are nothing but a pretty face, then you will, as the relationship, be temporary. Beauty is very temporary and I would rather have a mediocre-looking woman with a complex and deep personality and maybe some political or philosophical insight and a bit of brains, rather than I'd want a beautiful moron.

I like it when women rests within themselves, so not being afraid to stand out from the crowd and proclaim "this is me" and stand by it, not worrying about whether or not people will approve of it.

• The shortest way to my heart is straight my heart. Not through my stomach or crotch. I'm not impressed with any skills you might not have, just be you and if you're sweet, kind, reliable, warm ill like you, shortcomings and all.

• Very good take. Where as cooking and sex are important, a woman that cares as much for herself as well as me is equally important. Same goes for me, I couldn't see myself caring only for her and not myself. I put a lot of effort into a relationship with a woman, and I expect no less in return. I'm big on deep meaningful communication and being able to have no fear expressing how one feels even if that is sad or negative, no one should be stuffing it down or pretending to be alright when they're really not just to not rock the boat. I've learned through most conversations with women that they tend to process their thoughts by most meaningless, to the most meaningful at the end with hesitations or space for questions in between. So I pay closer attention to the last thing they say versus the first. Men are more linear and get to the point first then look for opinions or questions after.

• Be a woman of great knowledge and even better faith, and be there to keep mine from faltering. Take me as I am, yet incentivize me with love to better myself. Have my back, and let me have yours. Don't lie to avoid hurting my feelings. But rather, refuse to compromise. Be honest and kind simultaneously. Kindness and honesty are not polar opposites, as many women assume them to be. Always settle a dispute directly, unless you have no better choice than to involve another party. Do not rush to make drama n or pass judgment, nor call others to act.

Do not string me along, nor stuff me in a closet. My friends are yours, and vice versa. May our families treat each other like family.

That, for starters, is how you get me to consider marriage. If you want to draw out my inner Good Samaritan, that's easy: at least pretend to be a good girl, and then somehow always be a damsel in distress. Even if you are a total fake, I will at least take the time to investigate.

• "Incentivate me with love to better myself"
      These days, people on here might read that as "trying to change the other person". God forbid :(

• @dipta : The will to change one's self for the better, as an expression of gratitude, is apparently a foreign concept to them. To feel shame for the right reasons is also becoming foreign to this twisted age.

• Hi Stacyzee, been a while, hope you are well

Nice take. When i first met my wife and started to court her, one of the things i noticed about her was that as i opened my heart to her she offered a lot of emotional support as my job back then was really stressful and i liked that she was always there to listen and take time to understand my feelings and i just made more comfortable in sharing my inner heart with her. My wife does most of the cooking by choice but its not why i offered her my heart. From the start she was able to look inside me that i never felt with other girls. I fell deeply in love with that emotional side of her.

• Hey there ! Yes, it's been a while :) always glad to hear from you.

• You are spot on - It is not the food but the fact she cooked and vice versa women love it when men cook for them, it mightn't be great but they made the effort - Okay now translate that to the rest of your relationship and you have the qualities that would make their way into my heart - I am not perfect and I don't expect anyone else to be perfect but if you do things for me and let me do things for you, I will be a very happy man.

• Easy.
    1. Be a genuinely nice person
    2. Dress hot
    3. NO mind games by text - reply as soon as you see it and you're free, DO NOT WAIT OR IGNORE
    4. Actually initiate texts to a guy as well
    5. Make him feel like he is special/someone you think is great
    6. Actually chase him, show him you are interested. The statement that 'men love to chase women and if the woman actually reciprocates and denies him the chase, he gets bored' is a load of BULLSHIT.
    7. Having any skill, whether it is cooking as mentioned in this take, or dancing, or art or a sport, or giving the best head, OWN that skill and show him your interests.
    8. If you like him, SHOW HIM you like him. Text him more often, talk to him more often, hang out one on one a lot.
    9. Be there for him when he needs it.
    10. Show him you value him more than other guys, sleep with him quickly for being a good guy (versus going to bed very quickly for a guy who doesn't show much interest in you).
    11. Don't play mind games - this cannot be understated.
    12. Don't play mind games - did I mention that?

• One more thing though it may fall under various other points:
      - Do NOT ever send a guy a 'how are you' text or equivalent (whether you initiate that texting convo or her does) and then proceed to ignore his response. Who the f does that. That is twisted and messed up. Would you ever do that to someone in person?

Don't do it.

Ever.

• www.quotehd.com/.../...-way-to-a-mans-heart-is.jpg

no but really the way to mine is just a truly kind and affectionate person.

• It's more general than that. If somebody is taking care of your needs for no other reason than they want you to be happy and content then you'll develop feelings for them. Guys fall in love with a well disciplined pet or their cars, not in the same way obviously. Girls fall in love with guys who make them feel good. Physically, emotionally. If I make you laugh all the time and can give you an orgasm then chances are you'll be looking at the bride catalogue pretty quickly. You'll be smitten. All you memories of me will be you feeling good. Simply if you want somebody to love you then take care of their every need. Become their servant. Believe it or not to serve is to lead and they'll respect and love you for it

• I'm kinda like a girl how words are the way to my heart!

• Let's see if you get the EotM this time. (Coz this take went blockbuster)

Oh and I don't know what's key to my heart :/

• That top picture is 100% the quickest way into my heart. Like my gosh would I love to find a girl who'd love me that much. I'd find a way to show her I love her even more

• For me, that is not exactly right? She should do things for *herself* to make her own life better. It's more attractive when someone is exceptionally independent than when they're trying to just do a bunch of things for me. What feels valuable is when we can genuinely be interested in learning about each other though.

• good sex. That's literally all it takes, with me anyway. I can tolerate/appreciate quite a lot for the sake of not giving up good sex.

• While being a good/great cook is certainly a plus, it's not THE way to MY heart. Being caring, genuine, loyal, loving and kind would be the correct direction to go.

• Be challenging and share in mutual respect. As long as I love to talk to you then anything is possible.

• food doesn't do it for me cause I cook for myself, but appreciation does. big time.

when there is major lack of appreciation it just sucks.

• Complete recognition as a fully-developed human being who is just as valuable INTRINSICALLY (that is, without doing something to earn it) as any woman.

Simply show me that you view men as first-class citizens whose needs are just as important as any woman's, and you're in.

But that's easier said than done. Most women are raised to expect treatment far better than men, to the point that most women are completely unaware that 1. men even have any needs, much less 2. what they might be. And when they do realize that men are "human-like" animals with needs, they tend to want to arbitrate what those needs are or should be herself. But she has never been expected to stand ready to give up her life or body or future to serve "society." She is "society," the served. It's nearly impossible for someone who is a member of "society (women)" to view those who are to SERVE "society (men)," with the same amount of dignity.

When I meet a woman in real life who has that unicorn ability, I'll put all my chips on her.

• More from Guys
    70

What Girls Said 11

• There is no way to a man's heart just like their isn't a way into a woman's heart. Every man is not the same, and food is definitely not one of them. A man can always tell a woman how to get there, but that is never the answer because in the end he doesn't even really know himself. He always have to adapt the image of another man/persona just to attract a woman; because if a woman see the true image of that person, she's not going to want to be with him or stay with him for long. She is bound to look else where, likewise vice versa. The problem with women is that they seek to 'change' a man, to 'entice' the man to fit her every desire and men seek to 'shape' a woman to his liking. It doesn't work that way, but many prefer to be molded into something they're not or shouldn't be. Men like to hide there true selves because they're afraid a woman will take over and destroy him. So men hide's their hearts and refuse to give it to her.

If a woman only seeks to get into men's heart's then she is doing so in means that is selfish. The woman should seek to become her own person and grow as one before she even attempts to want to give her whole self to another person. The men needs to decide if that woman is worthy of having his heart, as you don't just want any and everybody in it. That's why no matter what he says he needs/wants, wither it's sex, to dress a certain way, to cook/ not to cook, etc, it is completely meaningless if he is an unsatisfiable person. Many men grow to be unsatisfied no matter what a person does. Women needs to focus on developing herself, not finding a way into a man's heart. Because if it was so successful, many won't have to have broken hearts, broken futures, and broken lives on an account of another person. Once you know who you are as a person, any man no matter how good or bad, will acknowledge you as someone worthy to give their hearts to. A true man will never find it pleasing that a woman have to be a thief just to get his attention. He should be able to abide so willingly IF and only IF she is deserving of it.

• Very deep and insightful.
      Although I didn't go in such depths or touch on that aspect , I couldn't agree more!

• I agree with this 100%. Especially as you get older these things come taken into account. A woman who knows herself knows what she wants and a man can def see that. This is why I don't date right now because I am still building myself up as an individual.

• @Wanderingheartbeat Continue to do so and it will happen at in the right time. I have never dated either and is a celibate woman all my life. I chose to live by myself, but I still provide wisdom to those that need it and ONLY to those who wants it. I'm not good to fight with people who are rebellious and chose to live ignorance. When single and stay a virgin you learn a lot things that others do not and learn how to be a better person, dating partner and spouse. And have a satisfying relationship with just one person, with only one person in one relationship, within the very first relationship and becomes the only relationship. :)

• and the way to a man's life insurance policy is his high chloresterol!

I do admit the picture of the girl in her undies in an apron works really well, too!

I have cooked dinner for my guy in just an apron. It didn't matter how good the food tasted when the "dessert" was so yummy AND it was on display throughout the entire dinner!

• Food and sex

• I've never had a guy cook for me, but if a guy did I would be so happy! I pretty much alway cook for guys I like.

• very good interpretation

• Know how to cook, take care of him in the bedroom, be creative, have confidence, give him space, laugh with him, love him.

• Through his cock.

• I love this!!! It isn't just for men but to have someone care about you back is amazing as well.
    Sadly in the past I've done a lot for men; I've coo

I honestly love doing and helping people. I use to make these lunch sacks with cute panda drawing on it for my friend who would drive me to school. I like cooking for my brothers too because just seeing them get so happy from eating is exciting.
      I also like to listen to people a lot and I appreciate it when they pour down their stories to me.
      I think as long as you show someone you care you just make yourself into their heart. key is empathy.

• *sorry it got cut off* retyped.

• Food should always be the answer... along with sex... ;););)

• You've gotta have a good guy for this to work, though.

My ex, you could never make that man happy. He wanted you to do every single thing exactly the way he wanted. He dictated how I could wear my hair, how I should dress (even around the house), what I should weigh, how I should fold the towels, what i could buy (with my money) at the grocery store, and so on. But worse, sometimes he'd get mad over totally contradictory things:

He'd say he didn't want to eat many carbs, then bitch that I never made lasagna.

He'd insist I dress sexy when we went out, then blow up if a guy looked or talked to me - even guys old enough to be my dad.

Eventually his constant criticism wore me down so much that I just stopped trying. 😣

• Sorry about your experience :( Wow

• yeah well that's what it takes

• your right on point with that

• I like this and agree that it is the act of doing it with effort, care and love for your s. o. that makes it special (: sweet moments like these show how much that person truly appreciates, cares about you and more.

It does go both ways and wams my heart when he puts an effort to show me how much he loves me <3