Sleep for the Sleepless

Some people have truble sleeping but here are a few things that may help.

1. Yoga

Okay I know for a lot of men this may sound dumb but it helps. I think men don't want to do yoga because like a lot of things, it's considered only for women but that's not true. It was meant to help any individual.

2. Hot bath

Getting in a hot tub will relax tension in the muscles and it will help you sleep, especially if you add Epsom salt and lavender. "Epsom salts absorbed through the skin also work to relieve muscle tension, pain, and inflammation in joints. Submerge yourself in a warm Epsom salt bath to alleviate tension headaches or soothe abdominal cramps. Tired and sore feet will also benefit from the therapeutic warmth of an Epsom salt “Lavender Bath. Excellent for aching muscles, relaxation, and stress relief." Just add 8 drops of lavender oil or even the actual petals to 2 cups of Epsom salt and pour it in a hot bath. Soak in it for at least 12 minutes. During that time, just relax and let all thoughts and stress melt away. You can relax in the tub even more by dimming the lights.

3. Tea

Tea comes in many kinds, not just ice and green, there is fruit teas and even ones made from flowers such as a tulips. That is tea to wake you up or to help your metabolism and even your immune system. Yeah, that's right, tea can keep you from getting sick and yes there is even tea for sleep. For instance chamomile is one of the more popular ones and Valerian is one of the few herbs which have actually been found by researchers to have sedative properties, Lavender, Passionflower this tea is used to calm people with ADHD. Try not to add sugar to your tea because it will counter act the effects of it. Reading the instructions and preparing the tea properly will make it taste better.

4. Bed

Your bed is very important for sleep. If it's not comfortable then you are not going to sleep. Now I'm not saying you need to go buy a tempurpedic, no, I'm saying find a bed you like whether it's really soft or almost a comfy table. If you're comfy that's all that matters.

5. PJ's

Look, whether you sleep in so many layers you could be a monster or pick to strut in your birthday suit, make sure you're comfy. Don't wear your pjs from the other night. Put clean, good smelling pjs on whether they be silk, cotton, or just your panties, make sure you like the feel comfy.

6. Rub down

Giving yourself a rub down will help you get to sleep, especially rubbing your feet. There are many nerves in our feet that control many things so watching a video and learning where to rub your body will help you get some rest.

7. Sound

Try playing something that relaxes you before bed whether it be the rain frost or a light soft song. I like this one, don’t judge me.

8. Food

Yah that’s right, you heard me, food does a lot more than you think. Food can bring your sex drive up or knock it down, help you gain and lose pounds, but it can also help you sleep. There is a little truth to the old wives tales. Foods that are rich in an amino acid called "tryptophan" aka that thing that makes you sleep, aka the wives tail a warm glass of milk. Chicken and turkey, milk, dairy, combine these with rice, pasta or potatoes to help the body get the most benefits from tryptophan. High-magnesium foods like banana, pumpkin seeds, and halibut can make you tired as well.

411

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 11

• I've tried most of these, except for the food, with varying degrees of success.

Thanks for the tips!

• Nice, a mytake like this really helps the people who can't sleep out there. Im gonna try couple of these

• Good mytake soulbabe 😀
    I love to sleep.
    I would add a body pillow. It supports your legs by having the pillow between the knees and legs, reduces back pain and makes for a cuddly sleep experience. It's even much better if the pillow has a custom picture printed on it like your anime crush for example. For those who need something between their arms to sleep a body pillow is perfect There's more to it than that. Body pillows are a fantastic invention😍

I own one myself ☺

• Just remember the tea has to be caffeine free

• When I sleep I always dream of my girlfriend Pao because she is the last thing that I think of before I fall asleep. Sometimes she dreams about my but in her dreams I always treat her really disrespectfully? I don't know why her dream version of me is such a douche

• Thanks for sharing! I used to have pretty bad insomnia due to anxiety, now I sleep like a baby most of the time! I'll just occasionally have a random night where I can't get to sleep at all.

• Till I made this I didn't know garlic made you sleepy no wonder I'm so damn tired half the shit I eat drugs me lol

• That's like me with chocolate milk. I could drink some and pass right out lol.

• I love chocolate milk

• Thanks for the info

• I agree

• Yoga is for girls and fruity men. End of discussion.

• Light meditation helps me to sleep better

• I'm getting sleepy just by reading this, lol.

What Girls Said 4

• a turkey leg is also good because it is a good source of tryptophan

• I need a miracle. Not tips.

• what do I look like a fairy god mother if i was magic id use it to do the dishes for 9 bloody people in this house im so tired at the end of the day its not even funny

• I need you then. I want a fairymother.

• I'm not a fairy

• The picture at the end of the cat girl was out of place.
    Also trouble*

• You do realize I know this right I just used her for her tail to representation of an old wives Tail

• I remember reading this mytake posted by someone else.

• Huh? No way in hell it's the exact same

• not word to word but the same things with the same order